Thread: Office Center
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2020, 02:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
CruppieMom89
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”It’s fine. I’m fine. I have some time.” He said perhaps a bit quickly as he waved off her sorry. He felt a little guilty for lying (but only a little). He was mostly trying to keep his anxiety in check as he stood behind her. She seemed to be perfectly at ease in front of a ‘puter and it made him a little jealous. ”Well,” he said glancing at her sweater. ”It looks nice. Comfy even.”

He took the chair next to her and scooted closer, perhaps a bit took close, because he didn’t understand that he could see the computer screen while not being right in front of the machine. Something flashed on the corner of the screen and he leaned in, bumping Ilse’s (mouse operating) arm. ”What’s that?” he asked, tapping the screen with a finger.
Ilse smiled a bit to herself as Conley’s interest was caught. Anything that added efficiency to his life was probably intriguing to him. When he got close to her, she had to try hard not to scoot away, which was generally her natural reaction to closeness. Her eyes looked to see what he was referencing, and then several things happened all at once. Conley bumped her mouse arm just as she clicked, leaving Ilse with no idea what she’d clicked on, then she saw Conley’s finger about to touch the monitor. ”Conley don’t! It’s -...”

Too late.

”A touch screen...” she finished quietly as the computer processed what had just happened. All of a sudden picture after picture after picture started popping up on the screen accompanied by what sounded like very loud barnyard animal noises. Ilse tried everything - clicking out, ctrl alt delete, pressing the power button... nothing. She had completely lost control of the computer. Covering her ears, she shouted, ”We need to unplug it!”

Dropping to her hands and knees, she began searching through the ridiculous number of things plugged in trying to find the one that went to their computer.

It's a million things about you, and I don't know what it is. I have never known a love like this.