sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 297 users online including...
DuckyLinJi , hermionesclone , Uncle Moose , optomproo , lorenepp2 , Helios Sunrider , Chelliephone

11 members
286 guests.

Members in Chat:



If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > SnitchSeeker RPG Archives > Ministry Archive > Charles Hollingberry Era


Charles Hollingberry Era All historical records pertaining to Ministry of Magic RPG under Minister for Magic, Charles Hollingberry [IC March 2097 - present; OOC November 2018 - present]

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2018, 11:03 AM
sweetpinkpixie sweetpinkpixie is offline
 
Default Office Center

The Ministry is proud to offer use of a wall of computer, ranging in age from the fastest and most up-to-date all the way down the line to ancient computers that take 20 minutes just to boot up. Feel free to grab a station and make use of the computers, whether for practice with Muggle technology or to keep in touch with associates and family in the Muggle world.

Remember the basic terms of usage, though: if someone is waiting in line, please only use the computer in 30 minute sessions.

Although Muggle technology isn't needed to run an office, after the debacle when the entire Ministry ran out of magic thanks to that nasty chizpurfle infestation, it's nice to have a backup plan (plus not everyone is handy with a copying spell). Tucked in the corner of this room behind the rows of computers, you can find a copy machine, printer, and fax machine (how quaint!). And what's this master of modern Muggle technology? A paper shredder!
Old 10-25-2020, 01:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default Come little Conley, I’ll taaaaaake thee away....

Ilse lead the way through the corridors and stairs up to Level One, checking over her shoulder every now and then to make sure Conley was still with her. Life really would be so much easier if they got those lifts fixed. Coming up on the Muggle Technology Centre, she made her way into the Office Center and sat down at one of the new computer consoles. She wasn’t really sure how much Conley knew about computers, but this was the easiest way to show him. ”So, after Lon told me about those Muggle clothes shopping services, I started doing some research, and wait until you see what I found!”
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-25-2020, 01:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances_With_Potter View Post
Ilse lead the way through the corridors and stairs up to Level One, checking over her shoulder every now and then to make sure Conley was still with her. Life really would be so much easier if they got those lifts fixed. Coming up on the Muggle Technology Centre, she made her way into the Office Center and sat down at one of the new computer consoles. She wasn’t really sure how much Conley knew about computers, but this was the easiest way to show him. ”So, after Lon told me about those Muggle clothes shopping services, I started doing some research, and wait until you see what I found!”

Conley knew absolutely nothing about computers. Sachin had, a few years ago, suggested they get mobile phones. After a long and complicated attempt to explain them to Conley, Sachin had given up and they had gone and procured two-way mirrors. So no, Conley was not likely to understand much of what Ilse was going to show him, but along he followed because well, she had been ever so excited to show her how helpful his brother had been. Which would be a first, because Lon wasn’t exactly the ‘helpful’ type.

Annnnddd…apparently Ilse didn’t catch on about how much muggle stuff could make Conley uncomfortable. Not everything, but quite often technology did trigger his anxiety. ”Just remember, I have a meeting in 30 minutes.” He didn’t really, but it gave a finite timeline for how long he could be in the room with these confangled ‘puter thingies.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-25-2020, 02:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley knew absolutely nothing about computers. Sachin had, a few years ago, suggested they get mobile phones. After a long and complicated attempt to explain them to Conley, Sachin had given up and they had gone and procured two-way mirrors. So no, Conley was not likely to understand much of what Ilse was going to show him, but along he followed because well, she had been ever so excited to show her how helpful his brother had been. Which would be a first, because Lon wasn’t exactly the ‘helpful’ type.

Annnnddd…apparently Ilse didn’t catch on about how much muggle stuff could make Conley uncomfortable. Not everything, but quite often technology did trigger his anxiety. ”Just remember, I have a meeting in 30 minutes.” He didn’t really, but it gave a finite timeline for how long he could be in the room with these confangled ‘puter thingies.
Ilse started up the computer and waited for things to load. ”Oh you do? Sorry, I must have missed you saying that earlier. This shouldn’t take very long,” she assured him. Looking away from the computer, she took in Conley’s expression. He didn’t seem his normal, hard to ruffle self. Maybe this hadn’t been a good idea. She knew some Wizards really hated Muggle technology for one reason or another.

BUT she thought he’d like this, so she pressed on. Opening an Internet browser, Ilse navigated through the screens with the ease who someone clearly regularly used the computer. She came to a site showing all different kinds of clothes. ”Okay, look at this. This is a subscription service. You sign up and give them information, and every month they send you a box with clothes they picked just for you in your size!” she explained excitedly. ”That’s where I got this!” she said, gesturing down at the forest green sweater that actually fit her body well for once.
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-25-2020, 02:33 AM   #5 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances_With_Potter View Post
Ilse started up the computer and waited for things to load. ”Oh you do? Sorry, I must have missed you saying that earlier. This shouldn’t take very long,” she assured him. Looking away from the computer, she took in Conley’s expression. He didn’t seem his normal, hard to ruffle self. Maybe this hadn’t been a good idea. She knew some Wizards really hated Muggle technology for one reason or another.

BUT she thought he’d like this, so she pressed on. Opening an Internet browser, Ilse navigated through the screens with the ease who someone clearly regularly used the computer. She came to a site showing all different kinds of clothes. ”Okay, look at this. This is a subscription service. You sign up and give them information, and every month they send you a box with clothes they picked just for you in your size!” she explained excitedly. ”That’s where I got this!” she said, gesturing down at the forest green sweater that actually fit her body well for once.

”It’s fine. I’m fine. I have some time.” He said perhaps a bit quickly as he waved off her sorry. He felt a little guilty for lying (but only a little). He was mostly trying to keep his anxiety in check as he stood behind her. She seemed to be perfectly at ease in front of a ‘puter and it made him a little jealous. ”Well,” he said glancing at her sweater. ”It looks nice. Comfy even.”

He took the chair next to her and scooted closer, perhaps a bit took close, because he didn’t understand that he could see the computer screen while not being right in front of the machine. Something flashed on the corner of the screen and he leaned in, bumping Ilse’s (mouse operating) arm. ”What’s that?” he asked, tapping the screen with a finger.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-25-2020, 02:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”It’s fine. I’m fine. I have some time.” He said perhaps a bit quickly as he waved off her sorry. He felt a little guilty for lying (but only a little). He was mostly trying to keep his anxiety in check as he stood behind her. She seemed to be perfectly at ease in front of a ‘puter and it made him a little jealous. ”Well,” he said glancing at her sweater. ”It looks nice. Comfy even.”

He took the chair next to her and scooted closer, perhaps a bit took close, because he didn’t understand that he could see the computer screen while not being right in front of the machine. Something flashed on the corner of the screen and he leaned in, bumping Ilse’s (mouse operating) arm. ”What’s that?” he asked, tapping the screen with a finger.
Ilse smiled a bit to herself as Conley’s interest was caught. Anything that added efficiency to his life was probably intriguing to him. When he got close to her, she had to try hard not to scoot away, which was generally her natural reaction to closeness. Her eyes looked to see what he was referencing, and then several things happened all at once. Conley bumped her mouse arm just as she clicked, leaving Ilse with no idea what she’d clicked on, then she saw Conley’s finger about to touch the monitor. ”Conley don’t! It’s -...”

Too late.

”A touch screen...” she finished quietly as the computer processed what had just happened. All of a sudden picture after picture after picture started popping up on the screen accompanied by what sounded like very loud barnyard animal noises. Ilse tried everything - clicking out, ctrl alt delete, pressing the power button... nothing. She had completely lost control of the computer. Covering her ears, she shouted, ”We need to unplug it!”

Dropping to her hands and knees, she began searching through the ridiculous number of things plugged in trying to find the one that went to their computer.
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 12:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances_With_Potter View Post
Ilse smiled a bit to herself as Conley’s interest was caught. Anything that added efficiency to his life was probably intriguing to him. When he got close to her, she had to try hard not to scoot away, which was generally her natural reaction to closeness. Her eyes looked to see what he was referencing, and then several things happened all at once. Conley bumped her mouse arm just as she clicked, leaving Ilse with no idea what she’d clicked on, then she saw Conley’s finger about to touch the monitor. ”Conley don’t! It’s -...”

Too late.

”A touch screen...” she finished quietly as the computer processed what had just happened. All of a sudden picture after picture after picture started popping up on the screen accompanied by what sounded like very loud barnyard animal noises. Ilse tried everything - clicking out, ctrl alt delete, pressing the power button... nothing. She had completely lost control of the computer. Covering her ears, she shouted, ”We need to unplug it!”

Dropping to her hands and knees, she began searching through the ridiculous number of things plugged in trying to find the one that went to their computer.

”Make it stop!” Conley yelled over the din of what sounded like a Erumpent in heat. He tapped the screen again with his finger, not understanding what Ilse ment about a touch screen. Hooting joined the Erumpent noises. ”Make is stop!“ He repeated. The noise was hurting his ears and the flashing lights from the box were making him hyperventilate a little. ”Ilse what –“ But she had ducked under the desk.

Misunderstanding what she was doing, he pulled out his wand and started poking the computer with it. ”Finite,” Poke. Nothing happened. ”Finite Incantatem!” Poke. Why wasn’t it working? Poke! Gah! Why was his heart pounding like this?! POKE! What was going on?!!

Perhaps he had poked the machine a bit too hard, because smoke started coming from somewhere.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 12:26 AM   #8 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default FIRE!!! If anyone else wants to play. Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
”Make it stop!” Conley yelled over the din of what sounded like a Erumpent in heat. He tapped the screen again with his finger, not understanding what Ilse ment about a touch screen. Hooting joined the Erumpent noises. ”Make is stop!“ He repeated. The noise was hurting his ears and the flashing lights from the box were making him hyperventilate a little. ”Ilse what –“ But she had ducked under the desk.

Misunderstanding what she was doing, he pulled out his wand and started poking the computer with it. ”Finite,” Poke. Nothing happened. ”Finite Incantatem!” Poke. Why wasn’t it working? Poke! Gah! Why was his heart pounding like this?! POKE! What was going on?!!

Perhaps he had poked the machine a bit too hard, because smoke started coming from somewhere.
Ilse could hear Conley yelling, but she had no idea what he was saying. Getting frantic, she just started unplugging everything trying to find the right plug, but before she did, smoke started billowing out of somewhere and she swallowed a bunch of it. She scrambled out from under the desk coughing and choking and a bit on fire, though she hadn’t realized it yet.

Trying not to panic, she quickly scanned the room for some kind of emergency shut off switch for the whole room but couldn’t find one. Grabbing Conley’s arm, she stood on her tiptoes to yell in his ear to make sure he could hear her. ”Whatever you do, don’t put water on the —,” and it was at that moment she felt the flame on her pant leg licking her skin. ”FIRE!!!!!” she screamed both out of panic and pain.
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances_With_Potter View Post
Ilse could hear Conley yelling, but she had no idea what he was saying. Getting frantic, she just started unplugging everything trying to find the right plug, but before she did, smoke started billowing out of somewhere and she swallowed a bunch of it. She scrambled out from under the desk coughing and choking and a bit on fire, though she hadn’t realized it yet.

Trying not to panic, she quickly scanned the room for some kind of emergency shut off switch for the whole room but couldn’t find one. Grabbing Conley’s arm, she stood on her tiptoes to yell in his ear to make sure he could hear her. ”Whatever you do, don’t put water on the —,” and it was at that moment she felt the flame on her pant leg licking her skin. ”FIRE!!!!!” she screamed both out of panic and pain.

The noise was still happening. The screen still flashing. Conley’s heart was now racing like he was running a marathon and he might have jumped back from the computer a bit. Ilse’s reappearance didn’t help. Why was she just standing there? There was smoke and noise coming from the confounded box in front of her. And all he could think of was why? Why had he followed Ilse into this horrible room?

”Water?!” Conley yelling above the noise which now included Ilse shrieking. Wasn’t that a bad idea? Water and technology? He was pretty certain it was, but then – Oh Merlin’s Saggy Old Underpants – Ilse was on fire! ”Fire!” he shouted at her. ”Ilse you’re on fire!”

Acting with instinct he pointed his wand at her and shouted, ”Aguamenti!”. Most of the water hit Ilse’s leg, but a bit hit one of the plugs.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-26-2020, 01:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
The noise was still happening. The screen still flashing. Conley’s heart was now racing like he was running a marathon and he might have jumped back from the computer a bit. Ilse’s reappearance didn’t help. Why was she just standing there? There was smoke and noise coming from the confounded box in front of her. And all he could think of was why? Why had he followed Ilse into this horrible room?

”Water?!” Conley yelling above the noise which now included Ilse shrieking. Wasn’t that a bad idea? Water and technology? He was pretty certain it was, but then – Oh Merlin’s Saggy Old Underpants – Ilse was on fire! ”Fire!” he shouted at her. ”Ilse you’re on fire!”

Acting with instinct he pointed his wand at her and shouted, ”Aguamenti!”. Most of the water hit Ilse’s leg, but a bit hit one of the plugs.
”Conley, no!” she shouted again for the second time in the span of just a few minutes. The water did put the fire out on her leg, but she watched as if in slow-motion as some of the water splashed into the electrical socket. There was a sound of crackling and several pops followed by sparks shooting out of plugs and computers all along the wall. Ilse’s eyes went wide in horror.

As computers all around them began catching fire and sending sparks flying around the room, Ilse pulled Conley close with one hand as she took out her wand with other. ”Protego Duo!” she cast, with a surprising amount of power for how insecure and shy she typically was.

Now they were safe, but they had to stop the fire. If only she knew how to turn off the electricity in here...
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 06:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruppieMom89 View Post
”Conley, no!” she shouted again for the second time in the span of just a few minutes. The water did put the fire out on her leg, but she watched as if in slow-motion as some of the water splashed into the electrical socket. There was a sound of crackling and several pops followed by sparks shooting out of plugs and computers all along the wall. Ilse’s eyes went wide in horror.

As computers all around them began catching fire and sending sparks flying around the room, Ilse pulled Conley close with one hand as she took out her wand with other. ”Protego Duo!” she cast, with a surprising amount of power for how insecure and shy she typically was.

Now they were safe, but they had to stop the fire. If only she knew how to turn off the electricity in here...

Conley sort of just stood there with his wand in his hand watching, because well, this escalated quickly! He watched quietly as a computer was licked by flames. Why did he suddenly feel a little less panic? Perhaps because the odd animal noises and the flashing lights had stopped. It was almost as if, the moment the computer stopped working, Conley’s brain started working again.

He glanced around. It seemed Ilse had their protection in hand. Now what to do about the fire though? Because, well, clearly water didn’t work. He wracked his brain and then after a moment pointed his wand at the computer. A moment later, the flames started to diminish as Conley used an extinguishing spell on the flames.

Fire out, he took a deep breath and then coughed because there was still a bunch of smoke in the room. ”Guess I should contact maintenance,” he said, not looking at Ilse. He pointed his wand towards the door. ”Expecto Patronum.” His wand fizzled at him and poofed out a small wisp of silvery smoke that got lost in the room.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #12 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley sort of just stood there with his wand in his hand watching, because well, this escalated quickly! He watched quietly as a computer was licked by flames. Why did he suddenly feel a little less panic? Perhaps because the odd animal noises and the flashing lights had stopped. It was almost as if, the moment the computer stopped working, Conley’s brain started working again.

He glanced around. It seemed Ilse had their protection in hand. Now what to do about the fire though? Because, well, clearly water didn’t work. He wracked his brain and then after a moment pointed his wand at the computer. A moment later, the flames started to diminish as Conley used an extinguishing spell on the flames.

Fire out, he took a deep breath and then coughed because there was still a bunch of smoke in the room. ”Guess I should contact maintenance,” he said, not looking at Ilse. He pointed his wand towards the door. ”Expecto Patronum.” His wand fizzled at him and poofed out a small wisp of silvery smoke that got lost in the room.
Safe behind her protection charm, she quickly scanned the room. She didn’t know spells for electrical fires. It wasn’t really a THING. She knew they couldn’t put it out with water. Really the only other way to put out a fire was to suffocate it, and Ivy did know a spell to suck all the oxygen out of a room. So now she had to figure out a way to do that without killing them. She would have to seal the door, cast bubble head charms on both of them...

She lifted her wand again to begin casting, but mid-movement Conley sprang into action. It seemed without the noise some sense had come back to him, and he began extinguishing the fire while Ilse watched him curiously wondering what spell he was using. When he was finished, she stood in silence staring at him... and then she just started laughing. Laughing and laughing and laughing. She laughed until there were tears in her eyes. Finally catching her breath, she found the words to speak: ”You look awful.” she said as the humor still danced in her eyes as she surveyed his smoke-coated appearance.
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-28-2020, 12:18 AM   #13 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruppieMom89 View Post
Safe behind her protection charm, she quickly scanned the room. She didn’t know spells for electrical fires. It wasn’t really a THING. She knew they couldn’t put it out with water. Really the only other way to put out a fire was to suffocate it, and Ivy did know a spell to suck all the oxygen out of a room. So now she had to figure out a way to do that without killing them. She would have to seal the door, cast bubble head charms on both of them...

She lifted her wand again to begin casting, but mid-movement Conley sprang into action. It seemed without the noise some sense had come back to him, and he began extinguishing the fire while Ilse watched him curiously wondering what spell he was using. When he was finished, she stood in silence staring at him... and then she just started laughing. Laughing and laughing and laughing. She laughed until there were tears in her eyes. Finally catching her breath, she found the words to speak: ”You look awful.” she said as the humor still danced in her eyes as she surveyed his smoke-coated appearance.

Conley was busy looking at his wand, thinking how much he hated technology. Smoke was fizzling from it, but perhaps it was just the smoke from the room curling around them. He was feeling quite in adequate a the moment, but perhaps the wand was broken. He lifted it to his ear to see if the Veela hair core had come loose, but he didn’t hear anything amiss. Well, at least not from his wand. He lowered it just as Ilse started laughing. He watched her, mouth falling open. Was she laughing at him? It sure felt like she was laughing at him. He frowned and then poked her with the tip of his wand. When finally she spoke, her words seemed to confirm that she was indeed laughing at him. He looked at her blankly as he thought, you try being scared out of your mind being surrounded by technology, then the noises and lights, and finally fire? It’d be hard for you to produce a patronus too. He wouldn’t admit to her, not to anyone how much he was frightened by technology. Nope, he would deny it to his last breath. ”You don’t look to grand yourself,” he finally said.

As agitated as he was, he tried very hard to put his feelings aside. It was hard considering his bruised ego. Taking a deep breath, he thought long and hard about his happy memory. ”Expecto Patronum.” A big silver Siberian Husky burst forth from the end of his wand, pranced a circle or two around them in excitement and then shot out of the room in search of maintenance. The sooner maintenance got here, the soon he could get away from the machines.

He watched the dog go, still surprised by it’s form, even though it had been a few years since it had changed. Then he looked at Ilse. ”Are you hurt?” he asked.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-28-2020, 12:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Conley was busy looking at his wand, thinking how much he hated technology. Smoke was fizzling from it, but perhaps it was just the smoke from the room curling around them. He was feeling quite in adequate a the moment, but perhaps the wand was broken. He lifted it to his ear to see if the Veela hair core had come loose, but he didn’t hear anything amiss. Well, at least not from his wand. He lowered it just as Ilse started laughing. He watched her, mouth falling open. Was she laughing at him? It sure felt like she was laughing at him. He frowned and then poked her with the tip of his wand. When finally she spoke, her words seemed to confirm that she was indeed laughing at him. He looked at her blankly as he thought, you try being scared out of your mind being surrounded by technology, then the noises and lights, and finally fire? It’d be hard for you to produce a patronus too. He wouldn’t admit to her, not to anyone how much he was frightened by technology. Nope, he would deny it to his last breath. ”You don’t look to grand yourself,” he finally said.

As agitated as he was, he tried very hard to put his feelings aside. It was hard considering his bruised ego. Taking a deep breath, he thought long and hard about his happy memory. ”Expecto Patronum.” A big silver Siberian Husky burst forth from the end of his wand, pranced a circle or two around them in excitement and then shot out of the room in search of maintenance. The sooner maintenance got here, the soon he could get away from the machines.

He watched the dog go, still surprised by it’s form, even though it had been a few years since it had changed. Then he looked at Ilse. ”Are you hurt?” he asked.
Ilse could tell that she’d hurt Conley’s feelings by laughing, so she quickly stifled it and took on a more serious face as he struggled to make a Patronus. It was a spell she struggled with as well, and besides that she didn’t want to hurt him more if she managed to do it on the first try when he was having a hard time. She smiled a small smile as a large dog erupted from his wand and went bounding off. She watched as it went, feeling like it was perfect for him somehow but she couldn’t really say why.

When he spoke to her, Ilse turned back to look at him. ”Oh, I’m fine. I’ve had much worse. Nothing some dittany won’t fix,” she said sincerely. ”Your plan was much better than mine. I was going to suck all the oxygen out of the room to put it out...” Her voice turned quiet again, back to her usual, shy, self-doubting persona.
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 12:58 AM   #15 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruppieMom89 View Post
Ilse could tell that she’d hurt Conley’s feelings by laughing, so she quickly stifled it and took on a more serious face as he struggled to make a Patronus. It was a spell she struggled with as well, and besides that she didn’t want to hurt him more if she managed to do it on the first try when he was having a hard time. She smiled a small smile as a large dog erupted from his wand and went bounding off. She watched as it went, feeling like it was perfect for him somehow but she couldn’t really say why.

When he spoke to her, Ilse turned back to look at him. ”Oh, I’m fine. I’ve had much worse. Nothing some dittany won’t fix,” she said sincerely. ”Your plan was much better than mine. I was going to suck all the oxygen out of the room to put it out...” Her voice turned quiet again, back to her usual, shy, self-doubting persona.

Under normal circumstances, like when Conley hadn’t just lost his head over technology, started a small fire, and had patronus performance problems (it had never happened to him before!), well, he wouldn’t have had a problem with Ilse’s laughter. In fact, he enjoyed finding humor in dark moments. But with smoke curling around them, his patornus off trying to find maintenance, and, well, his ego trying to recover, he wasn’t finding this funny. Tomorrow. Tomorrow, he was highly likely to find his hilarious. Well, so long as he didn’t get in trouble with Charles. Sigh.

Conley was by no means a healer, but if she needed dittany, she really should go see the healers. ”You should still go see the heal- what?!” Suck the are out of the chamber? Was she crazy? His lip twitched as he tried not to burst out in laughter himself. What a ridiculous idea?! Still, as he had caught the change in Ilse’s tone, he pressed his lips together trying to keep a few choice words from slipping out. Suck all the oxygen in the room? He shook his head. ”I think I need to teach you some extinguishing spells.”
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 01:13 AM   #16 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Under normal circumstances, like when Conley hadn’t just lost his head over technology, started a small fire, and had patronus performance problems (it had never happened to him before!), well, he wouldn’t have had a problem with Ilse’s laughter. In fact, he enjoyed finding humor in dark moments. But with smoke curling around them, his patornus off trying to find maintenance, and, well, his ego trying to recover, he wasn’t finding this funny. Tomorrow. Tomorrow, he was highly likely to find his hilarious. Well, so long as he didn’t get in trouble with Charles. Sigh.

Conley was by no means a healer, but if she needed dittany, she really should go see the healers. ”You should still go see the heal- what?!” Suck the are out of the chamber? Was she crazy? His lip twitched as he tried not to burst out in laughter himself. What a ridiculous idea?! Still, as he had caught the change in Ilse’s tone, he pressed his lips together trying to keep a few choice words from slipping out. Suck all the oxygen in the room? He shook his head. ”I think I need to teach you some extinguishing spells.”
”Well, I was going to cast bubble head charms first so we didn’t suffocate obviously,” she explained in a quiet voice. Looking around at the damage they had done, she frowned deeply. She knew some of this stuff was pretty out of date and not worth much in Muggle money, but the newer stuff - the newer stuff was expensive. ”They’ll have to bring in a specialist to fix these. Repairing spells can only fix physical damage, they can’t restore any of the programs or files...” she said, half to herself and half to Conley as she walked toward the nearest terminal and began examining it curiously. And of course Conley had now used magic on them to put out the fire, and someone would have to deal with that. All magic left traces, and it was possible the spell he’d used would interfere with the technology...

Turning back to Conley, she had a worried expression on her face. ”Think they’ll fire me?”
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 10-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Text Cut: Ilse
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruppieMom89 View Post
”Well, I was going to cast bubble head charms first so we didn’t suffocate obviously,” she explained in a quiet voice. Looking around at the damage they had done, she frowned deeply. She knew some of this stuff was pretty out of date and not worth much in Muggle money, but the newer stuff - the newer stuff was expensive. ”They’ll have to bring in a specialist to fix these. Repairing spells can only fix physical damage, they can’t restore any of the programs or files...” she said, half to herself and half to Conley as she walked toward the nearest terminal and began examining it curiously. And of course Conley had now used magic on them to put out the fire, and someone would have to deal with that. All magic left traces, and it was possible the spell he’d used would interfere with the technology...

Turning back to Conley, she had a worried expression on her face. ”Think they’ll fire me?”

Bubble head charms? Well there was that at least. Still, Conley could only shake his head a little. He poked her with a finger. ”I’ll talk to Charles about it. It was an honest accident. Nobody’s going to get fired. “ And if anyone was going to get into trouble, he’d take the wrap for it. After all, he was the one that had lost his head. ”I think Maintenance can handle most of the damage and…” he trailed off aware that what he was going to say might have sounded wrong, because his thoughts went to the squib that the ministry had hired. Perhaps she could fix some of the computer issues too.

Then again, he hadn’t even known there was a computer lab up here – let alone anyone who used it. He rubbed at the tense spot between his eyebrows. ”I need a big glass of tea.” Or preferably something stronger.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 10-30-2020, 12:21 PM   #18 (permalink)
Formerly: Dances_With_Potter
Hufflepuff

DMAC
Jobberknoll
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 4,151
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
Bubble head charms? Well there was that at least. Still, Conley could only shake his head a little. He poked her with a finger. ”I’ll talk to Charles about it. It was an honest accident. Nobody’s going to get fired. “ And if anyone was going to get into trouble, he’d take the wrap for it. After all, he was the one that had lost his head. ”I think Maintenance can handle most of the damage and…” he trailed off aware that what he was going to say might have sounded wrong, because his thoughts went to the squib that the ministry had hired. Perhaps she could fix some of the computer issues too.

Then again, he hadn’t even known there was a computer lab up here – let alone anyone who used it. He rubbed at the tense spot between his eyebrows. ”I need a big glass of tea.” Or preferably something stronger.
Ilse nodded gratefully when he said he’d speak to the Minister about what had happened, then it set in how truly insane it was that Conley was on first-name terms with the Minister of Magic himself. Wait - was Conley like.... like REALLY important? Had she been spending time with someone who was much, much higher in the pecking order than she was? She wasn’t sure how to feel about that. She didn’t feel like the kind of person important people would befriend. Conley was probably just too nice to tell her to leave him alone.

When he mentioned wanting a class of tea, she gave him a small smile. ”I think I need a shower most of all...” she responded quietly. She looked at the clock on the wall, which had somehow escaped any serious damage. ”What time was your meeting?” she asked with sudden concern.
CruppieMom89 is offline  
Old 03-25-2021, 12:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 784

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

Not easily contained indeed.

The latest fire storm cast by Goldwasser had licked its way through the Muggle Technology Center and into the office center. What was something printers, faxes, and paper shredders all had in common? Oh yes.

Whooshing and hissing almost as though the flames had a life of their own, the stacks and stacks of paper ignited and soon the flames were licking the ceiling. The hissing intensified and was soon joined by the sound of crackling as wires turned. Soon, several of the computers exploded and spread the flames further about the room...

If the fire was not contained soon...the entirety of Level One would be in jeopardy.
__________________
The Announcer is offline  
Old 03-25-2021, 05:58 AM   #20 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,426

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Announcer View Post
Not easily contained indeed.

The latest fire storm cast by Goldwasser had licked its way through the Muggle Technology Center and into the office center. What was something printers, faxes, and paper shredders all had in common? Oh yes.

Whooshing and hissing almost as though the flames had a life of their own, the stacks and stacks of paper ignited and soon the flames were licking the ceiling. The hissing intensified and was soon joined by the sound of crackling as wires turned. Soon, several of the computers exploded and spread the flames further about the room...

If the fire was not contained soon...the entirety of Level One would be in jeopardy.
Seer and Prophecy Maven Laurel had not answered the call to arms to battle in the third wizard war, but her husband Aaron had. She was still back here at the ministry doing important Mysteries work. She had heard reports and gotten a few prohechies off late that all alluded to the fact that the Neo-Alliance wasn't just causing trouble in Britain but across Europe. Laurel was heading up to level one to leave some documents and print out some new files but really it was because her Inner Eye had warned her that something was up on this floor.

When Laurel neared the muggle technology centre she heard the alarming whooshing, hissing, crackling and felt the heat, that coffee conversation had to wait. Grabbing for her wand she hurried inside the Office Center, seeing the flames. "Oh my merlin, this is BAD!" So much muggle technology going up in flames. What a waste. "Aqua Eructo!" she casted in quick succession as she directed her wand towards the flames. "Glacius Duo!"
__________________

Last edited by Nordic Witch; 03-28-2021 at 01:09 PM.
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 03-27-2021, 04:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

It seemed only hours ago that Airey went nuts and ran out of the Death Chamber screaming about something in something that was not English or German. Which meant that Adam had not understood it. He had left finding Jane up to David and instead had transversed Level 9 spreading the news that the department needed to be put on lock-down-high-alert. The one person he hadn't found, was Laurel.

Which concerned him, especially considering that he had not seen Dr. Nykto since the Gala. So, despite his visual impairment, Adam had gone off in search of his work wife friend. He'd searched the usual places and then for some reason felt the pull to Level 1. It was only as the smell got stronger that he realized it was smoke that had lead him here.

FIRE!

Fire was everywhere. "Was ist das?!" He hesitated just a moment. Fire was something he was intimately familiar with. Small burns (and larger ones) speckled part of his body like freckles. After all, potions and fires went together like flowers and rain. You can't have without the other and he'd dealt with his fair share of explosions and fires in his day. But this? This was a BIG fire and he had no idea what caused it.

And then he realized that Laurel was in the room. (He's not slow folks, just blind-ish.) "Laurel!" he called pointing his wand at his face casting a bubble head charm. "Vhere can I help?" As he asked he pointed his wand and started using the extinguishing charm on the nearest flames.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 03-28-2021, 01:09 PM   #22 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,426

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krel Ansell View Post
It seemed only hours ago that Airey went nuts and ran out of the Death Chamber screaming about something in something that was not English or German. Which meant that Adam had not understood it. He had left finding Jane up to David and instead had transversed Level 9 spreading the news that the department needed to be put on lock-down-high-alert. The one person he hadn't found, was Laurel.

Which concerned him, especially considering that he had not seen Dr. Nykto since the Gala. So, despite his visual impairment, Adam had gone off in search of his work wife friend. He'd searched the usual places and then for some reason felt the pull to Level 1. It was only as the smell got stronger that he realized it was smoke that had lead him here.

FIRE!

Fire was everywhere. "Was ist das?!" He hesitated just a moment. Fire was something he was intimately familiar with. Small burns (and larger ones) speckled part of his body like freckles. After all, potions and fires went together like flowers and rain. You can't have without the other and he'd dealt with his fair share of explosions and fires in his day. But this? This was a BIG fire and he had no idea what caused it.

And then he realized that Laurel was in the room. (He's not slow folks, just blind-ish.) "Laurel!" he called pointing his wand at his face casting a bubble head charm. "Vhere can I help?" As he asked he pointed his wand and started using the extinguishing charm on the nearest flames.
It didn’t take long before Laurel was sweating from the heat of the fire. Every time she put out a fire, it felt like another ignited in its place, more vicious than before. Breathing in all this smoke wasn’t healthy, she knew, but what was she supposed to do when she was one of the few still manning the ministry? Laurel knew that Airey had put Level 9 on lock-down before he had run out of the department shouting some astronomical nonsense.

The fire was everywhere and by the time that Adam arrived like Laurel had summoned him here from below it was really getting out of control. Coughing and trying to see Adam through the smoke she called back. "Adam, we need to work together to stop the fire from spreading out into the corridor to the rest of level one." It wasn’t time for pleasantries or asking for news from the battle they had a fire to battle.

Gesturing toward the back where all the printers and faxes and shredders were burning up faster than she could say gobbeligoob Laurel said "I think the fire started there. All those muggle devices like printers, faxes, shredders and the like burn like butter with all their electronics. If we extinguish the fire there hopefully the other flames will be easier to put out." Casting a bubble head charm over her face Laurel directed her wand towards the flames as she started walking backwards casting "Aqua Eructo!" at the fires she passed.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 03:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Gryffindor

DIMC & DoM
Mooncalf
 
Krel Ansell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Drowning in files
Posts: 6,898

Ministry RPG Name:
Conley Singh-Phora
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Adam Gerulf
Mysteries
x1
Default sorry it's so short >_<
*randomly tagged* Norbert(a)

Right. Keep the fire from spreading.

Put the fire out.

And most importantly, don't catch yourself on fire Gerulf.

"Right, I haf ze halls," he said casting his wand towards the walls. Water shot out of the tip of his raspberry wood wand, wetting every surface he could find. He figured it was best if he didn't point his wand towards something that might possibly explode. With his luck it would and take half the ministry with him. He really should have stayed down on Level 9.
__________________
the class clown, a jokester, you like to make people smile,
you're uplifting, easy-going, and can get a laugh out of anyone, you are...
Krel Ansell is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 03:57 AM   #24 (permalink)
Other Characters
Firecrab
 
The Announcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 784

Ministry RPG Name:
The Announcer
Default

Thanks to the combined and quick efforts of the two Unspeakables who had plenty of experience working as a team and also dealing with unusual and problematic situations, the fire was soon contained and put out.

The Ministry has been saved!

Too bad the same could not be said about the technology center.
__________________
The Announcer is offline  
Old 04-04-2021, 08:42 AM   #25 (permalink)



DMC & DoM
Kappa
 
Nordic Witch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: [GMT + 1]
Posts: 13,426

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Bella Connolly
Third Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Aurora Bagnold
Magical Creatures

Ministry RPG Name:
Laurel Vance-Rose
Mysteries
x3
Default
Swedishfish Girl! Madame Librarian! Jess's Soul Sister! Sweetest Swede!

With Adam taking on the fire in the halls Laurel surged forward, dowsing the fires out as she went. If she got out of this without burning away an eyebrow or scorching her robes then they had done good. When the last fire had been put out Laurel blew away some sweaty strands of hair, out of her face as she turned around, to go find Adam. She needed to see that he was all right. With his bad eye sight it was possible that he had ended up being the one burned. "Adam?" Laurel called out as she headed towards the corridor passing very badly burned technology as she went. The technology center was no more. If minister Hollingberry wanted one on level one to still exist then they'd need to replace all the muggle electronics. "Adam?" Laurel called out again. "We did it! All the fires have been put out. We saved the floor." She doubted however that anyone would notice very soon since everyone was still at the battle. She hoped that the good guys had won.
__________________
Nordic Witch is offline  
 

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.


Homework Help Service


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214