Thread: Golden Gates
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2020, 10:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanaBatGirl View Post
Fletcher's eyebrows went up juuuuuuuust slightly as Kodee appeared, dressed well it seemed, and with the notepad in hand. He waited just a beat for the boy to trail off, and then offered him a smile, in spite of the apparent... injuries to the lad's face. He'd ask about those in a sec.

"No worries, Kodee, we're on lunch now. So you can put the notepad away." For now. He clapped him on the shoulder jovially and started off, striding away toward the exit and expecting Kodee to keep up. "We're walking and talking today, alright?" Even if they were dressed in their fancy pants. "Why don't you start by telling me what you like to do in your free time, outside of work?"

One never knew what secret talents or abilities an assistant was hiding. Maybe Kodee had some skills that hadn't come up on his Ministry application, eh?
Wait what? This really was just lunch? What? Not a meeting while the boss man ate? Was this the point where he started feeling awkwar--oh no, that point was now with being asked what he liked. BOY WAS THAT LIST LONG but he wasn't sure how much of said list could be reeled off.

Time for boundary testing? Probaaaably not, no. Not if he wanted to keep his job and prove that he was a good person to have working for him. It took a second but Kodee fell in step with Fletcher. In the first few silent seconds, the boy tried to figure out which likes were shareable, which could be fixed up a bit then shared and which were best left unsaid.

"I guess...I like skateboarding. Used to get into a few competitions while I was back at school. Kenzie got me a skateboard one year and these blokes stole it. Can you believe that? Chased 'em, didn't care they were bigger. The police showed up, it was a proper fight. She was worried but I probably could've taken all five. Nuri showed up though so I didn't have to. He's my brother. He actually taught me--he's great, name's Nuri. He's married, y'know. Has a kid--that part's not so impressive but he adores the little guy--I mean don't get me wrong, I do, too but babies, y'know?? Oh MERLIN, when I was back at Hogwarts," Did he mentioned he talked a lot and was easily side tracked? Had that ever come up? Fletcher may have noticed by now. "We had to take care of the little snot bags. Mine wouldn't stop crying. It was the worst. Kenzie didn't wanna but I signed her up anyway. Got a decent grade mostly because she didn't want it bringing hers down, what a relief, having a smart girlfriend who actually cares amiright?" And a light jab to the guy's side. He got it, he definitely did. "Any way, babies suck is probably what I was trying to get at there."

Pause.

"What was the question?" His ADHD often got the better of him in conversations.

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.