View Single Post
Old 08-21-2018, 04:31 AM   #260 (permalink)
Mirali
Ravenclaw
Dugbog

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Runa Luijendijk
Second Year

SPOILER!!: Dizzy and Nettie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Dizzy nodded, thankfully, to Nettie. What was up with her all of a sudden? She suddenly was acting like a lot of guys did around Mama. Dizzy really needed to get a grip on herself, and for right now she was immensely grateful to her new friend for pulling her away from the awkward with the cu....with the boy that saved her kitten!

"Yes. Right. Brooms." Back to brooms. "I think I'm going to pick the..."

And suddenly there was Dizzy's twin sister, Runa. Right there, appearing out of nowhere to announce to the world Dizzy thought Derf was cute! Runa was very fortunate Dizzy was cradling a still scared kitten, and the most Dizzy could do was glare at her. "I think nothing of the sort!"

Brooms. Back to brooms, so Dizzy could leave this store and find a hole to live in until she's Mama's age.

"I think," she started again, completely ignoring Runa's question, "I'm going to get a Firebolt, instead. After all that happened while Solstice was on the Nimbus, I don't think he's gonna want to get another one." So Firebolt it was for her. "Have you decided yet, Nettie?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Wait what?

Nettie had totally missed the first exchange between Dizzy and...her sister she assumed? But when Dizzy started to glare at her, it was like the words finally registered in Nettie's one track mind. AHHHH. Well that made sense. Derf was magnificent to look at. Any smart person, male OR female, would be flustered in his presence!

"Oh, you mean Derf? He IS very cute," she said matter of factly, not even caring that the boy in question was still totally in ear shot. "I like his hair. But there's LOT of cute boys at Hogwarts. An INSANE amount, actually," she assured her. Pretty girls too. If that was your thing.

Hogwarts actually had ridiculously stupid attractive people. It was strange. She made a mental note to ask Jimmy if that had been the case at Beauxbatons, although he might not be the best consultant - any girl with legs was a target in his eyes. Eyeroll.

"I think...I'm going to do the Nimbus. It's a classic, tons of good reviews...why the heck not?" she asked with a grin. That was the saying, yes? She was finally starting to get comfortable with the English slang! "I'm going to try out for Chaser again, but also try for Seeker. I used to play that in my youth league, but I didn't get it last term," she informed her new friend. In case she was wondering...or looking for a new topic of conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
The redness in Dizzy's face deepened enough that it was clear as day now over her lightly tanned complexion. It wasn't so much finding Derf hot. Okay, yes.
He was hot. And a hero. No, it was how she reacted that embarrassed Dizzy. Mostly.

Dizzy Luijendijk was better than that! She'd not reacted that way to any of the cute and/or hot classmates at Beauxbatons, and the school had a fountain that literally made the student population more beautiful.

Wait...did that mean Hogwarts had a similar fountain as well, if everyone there was also really attractive?

Dizzy shook her head to clear her thoughts for now.

Back to brooms. "Why the heck not?" she repeated. Dizzy hadn't heard that expression before (was it an expression?), but there was something about it; something about how it sounded she liked. "You tried out last year?" And hadn't made it despite playing in a youth league, Dizzy noted. That did not bode well for her then. Most of her personal experience with Quidditch, was watching the world cups with her Dad dressed all in orange. But Dizzy was going to try out anyhow. "Any pointers for me? I'm thinking of trying out too. Maybe as a beater." Batting angry blubgers at people's heads seemed like it could be great fun.

Runa cocked her head to the side slightly in response to Dizzy's glare. In retrospect, she should have remembered that her sister tended to get a bit flustered about things like that. Personally, she didn't quite get it. There were...

The blonde girl grinned and nodded as as the other girl noted that the boy truly was cute as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. Which, of course, it was. "Exactly." Runa's agreement was equally as matter of fact as Nettie's comments had been. "I keep trying to tell her that there's nothing wrong with finding someone cute but then she just says that's how Mom got into that misunderstanding with the headmistress that made us have to transfer over here but I still don't see why it was such a big deal..." Runa trailed off, realising too late that she'd slipped into rambling, just in time to hear her sister's comments about being a beater.

"You'd be good at that."