sitemap
FOLLOW SNITCHSEEKER:

Email Us!
Visit the Official WB SHop!

Members

There are 329 users online including...
SarcasticStrawberry , Krel Ansell , Angel of Music , Hey Ju , ThePastelBookworm , HOPEendures , 2111jen

10 members
319 guests.

Members in Chat:


If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   SnitchSeeker.com > Forums > SnitchSeeker RPG > Diagon Alley > North End > Quality Quidditch Supplies


Quality Quidditch Supplies Nobody knows brooms or Quidditch quite like QQS. This is the premier destination for all your Quidditch and Flying needs!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
 
Old 06-07-2016, 08:44 PM
AlwaysSnapesGirl AlwaysSnapesGirl is offline
 
Default QQS Shelves & Displays


Image Credit: Charely Potter

The shelves and displays are the first thing you notice as you enter in the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop. The side walls of the shop are neatly stacked with brooms and posters galore. You will find the latest brooms in stock as well as the typical family broom available. Between the side walls there are various shelves that are filled with various quidditch supplies and goods. This includes but is not limited to robes neatly arrayed on stacks, keeper gloves and on the two most outer-middle shelves, broom service kits. Lastly the back wall displays books and other reading materials, all to do with Quidditch of course.

All items are displayed with a price tagged on them. Be sure to handle with care, if you break something you must pay for it. When you are done here, go on ahead to the counter to pay for your new goods. Otherwise if you need any assistance at all please feel free to ask the shopkeeper, Brad. He will be more than glad to help you.

Ooc: Please do not RP for the shopkeeper. The Diagon Alley Rules apply at all times. If you have any questions, you can ask them in the Diagon Alley Questions thread.
Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:54 AM   #251 (permalink)



DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,709

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfdis "Dizzy" Luijendijk
Second Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lexi O'Brien
Madame Primpernelle's
Default Nettie and Runa
Fluttery Pegasi

Dizzy nodded, thankfully, to Nettie. What was up with her all of a sudden? She suddenly was acting like a lot of guys did around Mama. Dizzy really needed to get a grip on herself, and for right now she was immensely grateful to her new friend for pulling her away from the awkward with the cu....with the boy that saved her kitten!

"Yes. Right. Brooms." Back to brooms. "I think I'm going to pick the..."

And suddenly there was Dizzy's twin sister, Runa. Right there, appearing out of nowhere to announce to the world Dizzy thought Derf was cute! Runa was very fortunate Dizzy was cradling a still scared kitten, and the most Dizzy could do was glare at her. "I think nothing of the sort!"

Brooms. Back to brooms, so Dizzy could leave this store and find a hole to live in until she's Mama's age.

"I think," she started again, completely ignoring Runa's question, "I'm going to get a Firebolt, instead. After all that happened while Solstice was on the Nimbus, I don't think he's gonna want to get another one." So Firebolt it was for her. "Have you decided yet, Nettie?"
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 12:24 PM   #252 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DoM & DMT
Kappa
 
Kolyander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Everywhere
Posts: 13,157

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Rylee Caelyn Prichard
Third Year
x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Addison Anders
Mysteries

Diagon Alley Employee:
Evan Mikal Donovan
Magical Menagerie
Default Ewan!
Panda Dance! l Purr! l Penguin Waddle! Charmander! l Banana! l Tiny Little Me!

Rylee had no idea what was going on with her friend. All she knew was it was clearly something he wasn't ready to talk about and it was best if she didn't push him into doing so. So when he asked if they could meet up another time and he would tell her she nodded without hesitation. "Sure. You give me a place and time and I will be there."

She smiled knowing Ewan must be trying to picture all that she was telling him. "I don't think it's something that happens every term since it was part of a combined lesson... but perhaps we could go camping sometime. I have a tent at home and there's a forest too that we could camp in." Maybe. If he wanted. And if mama, papa and Rian said it was alright first. If she begged hard enough maybe even Reese would camp out with them OR they could invite some more friends and make it a little sleepover! The possibilities were endless.
__________________


Kolyander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:15 PM   #253 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DERP
Erumpent
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,308

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cameron Tamesis
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrcik startled when the voice asked if he was buying it. "Oh, still trying to make up my mind." He had been playing as much as he could all summer, well as much as he could between baseball games. He was seriously hoping that he could make the team again, he hoped by the time he was a seventh year he'd at least have something to show for it. He was hoping that Slytherin could pull out the quidditch cup this term.

He turned looking at the guy, he knew him, he had seen him around the common room pretty frequently. "New goggles?" he asked pointing to the goggles that Cam was turning over in his hands. He was never a fan of goggles, a lot like he wasn't a fan of face masks in Baseball.

They felt odd. He glanced back at the broom, "Deciding if the 6000 would be better than a different broom altogether."
Oops. Maybe he should have announced his presence.

Nodding, Cameron stepped a little closer to lightly run his fingers over the broomhandle. "I heard it's really agile." One of his teammates had one but he hadn't thought to ask if he could try it out. As long as he was satisfied with his current broom, why look at others after all?

"Oh. Yeah. Mine broke during a match on Sunday." Maybe BROKE was a bit of an exaggeration. They'd gotten a scratch. A small one. But he didn't want to be one of those people who blamed potential bad performance on inefficient equipment so he wanted to make absolutely sure all his equipment was perfect. If he played badly, it was on himself and himself alone.

Back to the broom though, "I think it depends on what position you play, too." Pause. "Also you'll have to ask someone older to buy it for you, I believe." Patrick was younger than him after all and Cameron wasn't of age yet either.
__________________
When space is all you need, I can let you go.___________________________________

_________________________And if the spark in your eye goes out, I can be your glow.
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 04:21 PM   #254 (permalink)


DMAC & DMLE
Blast-Ended Skrewt
 
Hey Ju's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Common Room
Posts: 15,705

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Meriwether
Fourth Year

x8 x4

Ministry RPG Name:
Derek Meriwether
Accidents & Catastrophes

Ministry RPG Name:
Matthew Meriwether
Law Enforcement
Default
The Artiste Unique Demiguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjay View Post
Kieran couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his lips as he caught the eye of their son and noticed his flailing limbs. Of course he was excited. Who wouldn't be? "Best store in all of Diagon Alley, little one." And they'd get only the best for their budding Quidditch star.

He turned his eyes towards where Muirgen was pointing and he nodded before leading them that way. "Right, of course... though I'm sure we can find a few other things to purchase as well once we're done with the brooms." Of course they came with something specific in mind, but who could really blame him if he wanted to get a few extra goodies?

Slowing his gait as they approached the professional brooms, he paused to look around for the junior and toy brooms. "Hmm, that's a good question. It's been a while since I've been in the market for a toy broom," he joked with a laugh, meaning himself many, many years ago. "Ah, but here's a few," he added as he finally located the smaller brooms down at the end. "Maybe we can try one out."
Muirgen smiled and bounced the toddler up and down in her arms, glad to see their boy was nearly as excited about everything in that shop as Muirgen and Kieran themselves. That was always a great sign!

She laughed at her husband's words and kind of hoped she had the guts to say they shouldn't be buying so many things, but truth be told, she wanted as many things as Kieran did. And maybe more. "You kno' what it's missin' in our house? A poster of a certain former Kestrel player. I think it'd look fab on our wall. Though I think I'll 'ave to go look in the antique shop for that." She said, cracking up at her own joke. "I'm only jokin', love." The woman added, giving her husband's arm a little squeeze before moving past him and going towards the brooms.

Once near the location where they were likely to find what they were looking for, Muirgen couldn't help but admire all of the brand new brooms for sale. "Merlin, they're lush." She commented, shifting then her gaze towards the toy brooms. The redhead laughed along Kieran at his remark. "I kno', and me." Merlin, she could remember, though, her first broom. She loved it loads only to realise a few years later that it wasn't even that great. Still, it had been pretty special and she couldn't wait for Rhett to experience similar feelings. Especially if he ever went professional! But there she was, daydreaming again.

Back to Earth, Muirgen!

She snapped back to reality as soon as she heard her husband suggesting maybe they could try one out. "What do you think of that idea, Rhett?" She asked her kid, bouncing him up and down a little again. "That's a yes in my opinion!" She chuckled, handing him to Kieran as the toddler pretty much launched himself in his father's direction.
Hey Ju is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #255 (permalink)



DoM & DMGS
Vampire
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 54,895

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Second Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Javi Hernandez
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Nolan Reynolds
Mysteries
Default wow she has no shame I am sorry
Crazy Dog Lady || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Dizzy nodded, thankfully, to Nettie. What was up with her all of a sudden? She suddenly was acting like a lot of guys did around Mama. Dizzy really needed to get a grip on herself, and for right now she was immensely grateful to her new friend for pulling her away from the awkward with the cu....with the boy that saved her kitten!

"Yes. Right. Brooms." Back to brooms. "I think I'm going to pick the..."

And suddenly there was Dizzy's twin sister, Runa. Right there, appearing out of nowhere to announce to the world Dizzy thought Derf was cute! Runa was very fortunate Dizzy was cradling a still scared kitten, and the most Dizzy could do was glare at her. "I think nothing of the sort!"

Brooms. Back to brooms, so Dizzy could leave this store and find a hole to live in until she's Mama's age.

"I think," she started again, completely ignoring Runa's question, "I'm going to get a Firebolt, instead. After all that happened while Solstice was on the Nimbus, I don't think he's gonna want to get another one." So Firebolt it was for her. "Have you decided yet, Nettie?"
Wait what?

Nettie had totally missed the first exchange between Dizzy and...her sister she assumed? But when Dizzy started to glare at her, it was like the words finally registered in Nettie's one track mind. AHHHH. Well that made sense. Derf was magnificent to look at. Any smart person, male OR female, would be flustered in his presence!

"Oh, you mean Derf? He IS very cute," she said matter of factly, not even caring that the boy in question was still totally in ear shot. "I like his hair. But there's LOT of cute boys at Hogwarts. An INSANE amount, actually," she assured her. Pretty girls too. If that was your thing.

Hogwarts actually had ridiculously stupid attractive people. It was strange. She made a mental note to ask Jimmy if that had been the case at Beauxbatons, although he might not be the best consultant - any girl with legs was a target in his eyes. Eyeroll.

"I think...I'm going to do the Nimbus. It's a classic, tons of good reviews...why the heck not?" she asked with a grin. That was the saying, yes? She was finally starting to get comfortable with the English slang! "I'm going to try out for Chaser again, but also try for Seeker. I used to play that in my youth league, but I didn't get it last term," she informed her new friend. In case she was wondering...or looking for a new topic of conversation.
__________________
I don't know what's round the corner_________________________________________

________________________________way I feel right now I swear we'll never change
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 07:19 PM   #256 (permalink)

Mackled Malaclaw
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 11,163

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madame Malkin's
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | craft so hard |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Oops. Maybe he should have announced his presence.

Nodding, Cameron stepped a little closer to lightly run his fingers over the broomhandle. "I heard it's really agile." One of his teammates had one but he hadn't thought to ask if he could try it out. As long as he was satisfied with his current broom, why look at others after all?

"Oh. Yeah. Mine broke during a match on Sunday." Maybe BROKE was a bit of an exaggeration. They'd gotten a scratch. A small one. But he didn't want to be one of those people who blamed potential bad performance on inefficient equipment so he wanted to make absolutely sure all his equipment was perfect. If he played badly, it was on himself and himself alone.

Back to the broom though, "I think it depends on what position you play, too." Pause. "Also you'll have to ask someone older to buy it for you, I believe." Patrick was younger than him after all and Cameron wasn't of age yet either.
Patrick watched the boy go over the handle, he listened intently as he spoke of the broom, “me too.” He knew some people who had it and swore that it was the best possible broom they had ever had. He was certain that something like this would be good for zooming around the other players so he could score some points.

“That’s terrible.”
Although he didn’t know how easily someone broke their broom unless it was the result of a bludger. He was really hoping it wasn’t that he would have felt bad. He glanced at the guy as he said he’d have to have someone buy it, he knew that but goodness he wasn’t going to let his pop-pop spend money on something he didn’t want. Uh, yeah got that covered.” he didn’t elaborate that his grandfather was doing that for him since he felt that was unnecessary
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 08:17 PM   #257 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DERP
Erumpent
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,308

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cameron Tamesis
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Patrick watched the boy go over the handle, he listened intently as he spoke of the broom, “me too.” He knew some people who had it and swore that it was the best possible broom they had ever had. He was certain that something like this would be good for zooming around the other players so he could score some points.

“That’s terrible.”
Although he didn’t know how easily someone broke their broom unless it was the result of a bludger. He was really hoping it wasn’t that he would have felt bad. He glanced at the guy as he said he’d have to have someone buy it, he knew that but goodness he wasn’t going to let his pop-pop spend money on something he didn’t want. Uh, yeah got that covered.” he didn’t elaborate that his grandfather was doing that for him since he felt that was unnecessary
Cam wouldn't call it TERRIBLE but okay.

Giving a small shrug he held up his new goggles again. "At least I can buy these now." And he had no emotional connection to his Quidditch goggles. If, say, his broom or his beater's BAT had been the one to break, well, that would have been a whole other story. But it was just his goggles. He could get new ones. No big deal.

"What broom do you have now?"
__________________
When space is all you need, I can let you go.___________________________________

_________________________And if the spark in your eye goes out, I can be your glow.
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:10 AM   #258 (permalink)



DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,709

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfdis "Dizzy" Luijendijk
Second Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lexi O'Brien
Madame Primpernelle's
Default
Fluttery Pegasi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post


Wait what?

Nettie had totally missed the first exchange between Dizzy and...her sister she assumed? But when Dizzy started to glare at her, it was like the words finally registered in Nettie's one track mind. AHHHH. Well that made sense. Derf was magnificent to look at. Any smart person, male OR female, would be flustered in his presence!

"Oh, you mean Derf? He IS very cute," she said matter of factly, not even caring that the boy in question was still totally in ear shot. "I like his hair. But there's LOT of cute boys at Hogwarts. An INSANE amount, actually," she assured her. Pretty girls too. If that was your thing.

Hogwarts actually had ridiculously stupid attractive people. It was strange. She made a mental note to ask Jimmy if that had been the case at Beauxbatons, although he might not be the best consultant - any girl with legs was a target in his eyes. Eyeroll.

"I think...I'm going to do the Nimbus. It's a classic, tons of good reviews...why the heck not?" she asked with a grin. That was the saying, yes? She was finally starting to get comfortable with the English slang! "I'm going to try out for Chaser again, but also try for Seeker. I used to play that in my youth league, but I didn't get it last term," she informed her new friend. In case she was wondering...or looking for a new topic of conversation.
The redness in Dizzy's face deepened enough that it was clear as day now over her lightly tanned complexion. It wasn't so much finding Derf hot. Okay, yes.
He was hot. And a hero. No, it was how she reacted that embarrassed Dizzy. Mostly.

Dizzy Luijendijk was better than that! She'd not reacted that way to any of the cute and/or hot classmates at Beauxbatons, and the school had a fountain that literally made the student population more beautiful.

Wait...did that mean Hogwarts had a similar fountain as well, if everyone there was also really attractive?

Dizzy shook her head to clear her thoughts for now.

Back to brooms. "Why the heck not?" she repeated. Dizzy hadn't heard that expression before (was it an expression?), but there was something about it; something about how it sounded she liked. "You tried out last year?" And hadn't made it despite playing in a youth league, Dizzy noted. That did not bode well for her then. Most of her personal experience with Quidditch, was watching the world cups with her Dad dressed all in orange. But Dizzy was going to try out anyhow. "Any pointers for me? I'm thinking of trying out too. Maybe as a beater." Batting angry blubgers at people's heads seemed like it could be great fun.
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 01:30 AM   #259 (permalink)

Newbie & Fan Fiction Mod



DoM & DMLE
Swedish Short-Snout
 
sweetpinkpixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Equestria
Posts: 31,346

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Derfael Ashburry-Hawthorne
Sixth Year

x12 x12

Ministry RPG Name:
Ryunosuke Hollingberry
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Airey Flamsteed
Mysteries
Default laaaaaaaaaaadies and then back to Zac XD
astronomizzle ♧ gryffinDORK|SugarQuilicious |½ team house elf ♣ official cookie girl

A...hero?

While the overthinking side of his brain reminded him that this girl did not know him from an abraxan, this Dizzy had no idea just how much her words meant to the moderately jaded Hufflepuff in the moment. And his ears may have tinted a tiny bit red as a result.

And thank Scamander he was not capable enough for Legilimency.

"Solstice," he smiled, giving the kitten a few gentle scratches behind the ear before passing him back to his person. "Reckon that means your person fancies astronomy then." And yes, he was still speaking to the feline. "I'm rubbish at that subject, but it was a pleasure meeting you." And then his blue eyes finally found Dizzy's, soft and bright. "Dizzy, nice to meet you t----" But then she was heading off to grab a broom and speaking with another unfamiliar girl and...

"Oh, hey Nettie," he greeted the Ravenclaw, offering her a small wave and a smile before he had the unfortunate pleasure of overhearing their conversation. Right on cue as well since his hand was back in his hair and ruffling it a bit wildly as he looked back to the boy - who now knew HIS name thanks to the small chaos that had ensured before them but Derf did not know his - and shrugged a bit sheepishly.

"So...quidditch..."
__________________


like a small boat on the ocean sending big waves into motion.............
like how a single word can make a heart open...................
I might only have one match but I can make an explosion.............
sweetpinkpixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2018, 04:31 AM   #260 (permalink)
Ravenclaw
Dugbog
 
Mirali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: GMT-8
Posts: 107

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Runa Luijendijk
Second Year
Default

SPOILER!!: Dizzy and Nettie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
Dizzy nodded, thankfully, to Nettie. What was up with her all of a sudden? She suddenly was acting like a lot of guys did around Mama. Dizzy really needed to get a grip on herself, and for right now she was immensely grateful to her new friend for pulling her away from the awkward with the cu....with the boy that saved her kitten!

"Yes. Right. Brooms." Back to brooms. "I think I'm going to pick the..."

And suddenly there was Dizzy's twin sister, Runa. Right there, appearing out of nowhere to announce to the world Dizzy thought Derf was cute! Runa was very fortunate Dizzy was cradling a still scared kitten, and the most Dizzy could do was glare at her. "I think nothing of the sort!"

Brooms. Back to brooms, so Dizzy could leave this store and find a hole to live in until she's Mama's age.

"I think," she started again, completely ignoring Runa's question, "I'm going to get a Firebolt, instead. After all that happened while Solstice was on the Nimbus, I don't think he's gonna want to get another one." So Firebolt it was for her. "Have you decided yet, Nettie?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy Longbottom View Post

Wait what?

Nettie had totally missed the first exchange between Dizzy and...her sister she assumed? But when Dizzy started to glare at her, it was like the words finally registered in Nettie's one track mind. AHHHH. Well that made sense. Derf was magnificent to look at. Any smart person, male OR female, would be flustered in his presence!

"Oh, you mean Derf? He IS very cute," she said matter of factly, not even caring that the boy in question was still totally in ear shot. "I like his hair. But there's LOT of cute boys at Hogwarts. An INSANE amount, actually," she assured her. Pretty girls too. If that was your thing.

Hogwarts actually had ridiculously stupid attractive people. It was strange. She made a mental note to ask Jimmy if that had been the case at Beauxbatons, although he might not be the best consultant - any girl with legs was a target in his eyes. Eyeroll.

"I think...I'm going to do the Nimbus. It's a classic, tons of good reviews...why the heck not?" she asked with a grin. That was the saying, yes? She was finally starting to get comfortable with the English slang! "I'm going to try out for Chaser again, but also try for Seeker. I used to play that in my youth league, but I didn't get it last term," she informed her new friend. In case she was wondering...or looking for a new topic of conversation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
The redness in Dizzy's face deepened enough that it was clear as day now over her lightly tanned complexion. It wasn't so much finding Derf hot. Okay, yes.
He was hot. And a hero. No, it was how she reacted that embarrassed Dizzy. Mostly.

Dizzy Luijendijk was better than that! She'd not reacted that way to any of the cute and/or hot classmates at Beauxbatons, and the school had a fountain that literally made the student population more beautiful.

Wait...did that mean Hogwarts had a similar fountain as well, if everyone there was also really attractive?

Dizzy shook her head to clear her thoughts for now.

Back to brooms. "Why the heck not?" she repeated. Dizzy hadn't heard that expression before (was it an expression?), but there was something about it; something about how it sounded she liked. "You tried out last year?" And hadn't made it despite playing in a youth league, Dizzy noted. That did not bode well for her then. Most of her personal experience with Quidditch, was watching the world cups with her Dad dressed all in orange. But Dizzy was going to try out anyhow. "Any pointers for me? I'm thinking of trying out too. Maybe as a beater." Batting angry blubgers at people's heads seemed like it could be great fun.


Runa cocked her head to the side slightly in response to Dizzy's glare. In retrospect, she should have remembered that her sister tended to get a bit flustered about things like that. Personally, she didn't quite get it. There were...

The blonde girl grinned and nodded as as the other girl noted that the boy truly was cute as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. Which, of course, it was. "Exactly." Runa's agreement was equally as matter of fact as Nettie's comments had been. "I keep trying to tell her that there's nothing wrong with finding someone cute but then she just says that's how Mom got into that misunderstanding with the headmistress that made us have to transfer over here but I still don't see why it was such a big deal..." Runa trailed off, realising too late that she'd slipped into rambling, just in time to hear her sister's comments about being a beater.

"You'd be good at that."
__________________
Mirali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 10:30 AM   #261 (permalink)


DoM
Puffskein
 
Dokimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,287

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jackson Thomas
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Open

Jack walked into the shop with his hands in his pocket. If he was being completely honest, he had never actually been inside this particular store. Flying was not his strongest suit... but he had improved a fair bit and could at least invest in some gloves or something for a better grip. As his eyes wandered, he saw a few baby Claws in his midst. He smiled in their direction, but had no idea what their names were. He also spotted some of Hogwarts' Quidditch players, which was to be expected. After another minute of maneuvering through the other students, Jackson had found the gloves and began to try a pair on. Hm... These seemed to have a pretty good grip to them, but he was unsure still. He took them off and tucked it between his arm and torso while he tried on another kind. Oh. No, these were definitely not right. Taking them off, Jackson looked at the label and almost laughed when he realized that this second pair was for Gobstones. That made sense.

Trying the first pair on again, he decided that this was a good fit for him and he went back to walking the store. He had been having an internal debate about getting his own broom. On the one hand, he would probably only use it whilst a student... on the other hand, those school brooms weren't doing anything to help him either. Well, he thought to himself, if you get an alright one now, then that's two years of plenty of use. Then of course you can reevaluate. Feeling a little bold about this whole thing, Jack approached the brooms. They were quite impossible to miss of course. He had to admit, it would be really nice to have one of these new brooms than to have to hope for a decent one during class. Kye had a... Moon something? She had been a Chaser for her last two years at Hogwarts though, and had gotten a broom much higher end than he needed. Honestly, he felt a little too anxious to get on that Moonbrusher after seeing how fast Kye rode it during Quidditch games. He wondered how he would do on the Quidditch team, but he knew that Chaser was completely out of the cards for him.
Dokimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2018, 12:53 PM   #262 (permalink)

Mackled Malaclaw
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 11,163

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madame Malkin's
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | craft so hard |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Cam wouldn't call it TERRIBLE but okay.

Giving a small shrug he held up his new goggles again. "At least I can buy these now." And he had no emotional connection to his Quidditch goggles. If, say, his broom or his beater's BAT had been the one to break, well, that would have been a whole other story. But it was just his goggles. He could get new ones. No big deal.

"What broom do you have now?"
Well, never really had an official one. Used the School broom my first year, and then after that I was unfortunate enough to have my brother's from his Quodpot days." Okay Patrick, reign it in no need to babble senselessly.

It was hopefully going to be a good term, and his new broom would help his slytherins win the quidditch cup. He nodded watching him look down at the goggles. He wasn't a fan of the goggles, never really got comfortable with them.
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #263 (permalink)



DIMC & DMAC
Nogtail
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 4,865

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sterling Archer Calrissian
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kara Valentina St. Cloud
Daily Prophet
Default Here, have an Archer ;)
Dem Carters | Skarsgårdian | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
Jack walked into the shop with his hands in his pocket. If he was being completely honest, he had never actually been inside this particular store. Flying was not his strongest suit... but he had improved a fair bit and could at least invest in some gloves or something for a better grip. As his eyes wandered, he saw a few baby Claws in his midst. He smiled in their direction, but had no idea what their names were. He also spotted some of Hogwarts' Quidditch players, which was to be expected. After another minute of maneuvering through the other students, Jackson had found the gloves and began to try a pair on. Hm... These seemed to have a pretty good grip to them, but he was unsure still. He took them off and tucked it between his arm and torso while he tried on another kind. Oh. No, these were definitely not right. Taking them off, Jackson looked at the label and almost laughed when he realized that this second pair was for Gobstones. That made sense.

Trying the first pair on again, he decided that this was a good fit for him and he went back to walking the store. He had been having an internal debate about getting his own broom. On the one hand, he would probably only use it whilst a student... on the other hand, those school brooms weren't doing anything to help him either. Well, he thought to himself, if you get an alright one now, then that's two years of plenty of use. Then of course you can reevaluate. Feeling a little bold about this whole thing, Jack approached the brooms. They were quite impossible to miss of course. He had to admit, it would be really nice to have one of these new brooms than to have to hope for a decent one during class. Kye had a... Moon something? She had been a Chaser for her last two years at Hogwarts though, and had gotten a broom much higher end than he needed. Honestly, he felt a little too anxious to get on that Moonbrusher after seeing how fast Kye rode it during Quidditch games. He wondered how he would do on the Quidditch team, but he knew that Chaser was completely out of the cards for him.
Archer had dropped by the QQS (after asking someone in the alley where the nearest Quidditch shop was, of course) to replenish her broomstick servicing kit, which was nigh on depleted. Of course, this being the first time she had visited this store, she had no idea where said supplies were. But instead of asking someone, she had decided to take the opportunity to explore a little. After all, it couldn't hurt to get to know the place a little, right?

About the second or third aisle she went down, she ran into (almost literally, if she hadn't stopped when she had...) a guy staring at the brooms as if he was trying to decide which one to get. "I'd go with the Thunderbolt 6000." Of course, that was a biased recommendation from a proud owner, though she'd deny it if asked.
__________________
Venom, (I got that) adrenaline momentum Venom, not known when

I'm gonna ever slow up and I'm ready to snap any moment
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 11:34 AM   #264 (permalink)
Dark Force Defense League



DERP
Erumpent
 
Lislchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Vienna [GMT+1]
Posts: 34,308

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cameron Tamesis
Sixth Year
x3 x2

Ministry RPG Name:
Olly Emmons-Clarke
Environmental Protection
Default
The Kisapaths | Sila!Roti | -2 | TouchableHair | ToiletPaperGuy | QueenOfConfusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by siriusblackliveson View Post
Well, never really had an official one. Used the School broom my first year, and then after that I was unfortunate enough to have my brother's from his Quodpot days." Okay Patrick, reign it in no need to babble senselessly.

It was hopefully going to be a good term, and his new broom would help his slytherins win the quidditch cup. He nodded watching him look down at the goggles. He wasn't a fan of the goggles, never really got comfortable with them.
Quodpot. Huh.

"I've never played Quodpot before. What's it like?" They should play it as a warm-up exercise some time maybe. Could be fun. As for the broom, Cameron thought it VERY unfortunate that Patrick hadn't had his own broom before now.

But that also meant that maybe getting this particular broom wasn't right for him just yet. "Maybe you should go for another broom then, though." He nodded towards the others on the display. "A change from a school broom to...this one might be a bit...extreme." Yeah?
__________________
When space is all you need, I can let you go.___________________________________

_________________________And if the spark in your eye goes out, I can be your glow.
Lislchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2018, 07:58 PM   #265 (permalink)


DoM
Puffskein
 
Dokimoto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California, USA
Posts: 1,287

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jackson Thomas
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Sam Forrester
Mysteries

Ministry RPG Name:
Ava Clarke
Accidents & Catastrophes
Default Hiii Archer :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post
Archer had dropped by the QQS (after asking someone in the alley where the nearest Quidditch shop was, of course) to replenish her broomstick servicing kit, which was nigh on depleted. Of course, this being the first time she had visited this store, she had no idea where said supplies were. But instead of asking someone, she had decided to take the opportunity to explore a little. After all, it couldn't hurt to get to know the place a little, right?

About the second or third aisle she went down, she ran into (almost literally, if she hadn't stopped when she had...) a guy staring at the brooms as if he was trying to decide which one to get. "I'd go with the Thunderbolt 6000." Of course, that was a biased recommendation from a proud owner, though she'd deny it if asked.
Jackson was so caught up looking at the details on one of the brooms that he was oblivious to the girl that had almost run him over. So much so in fact, that he was startled when he heard a voice so near. "Oh?" he remarked, eyebrows slightly raised still. A smile crept on his face as he relaxed again and he looked up to find the broom in question. "Looks like a good one..." he nodded before looking in her direction again. "You some kind of expert?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He had met people with all kinds of knowledge on this or that over the years. Jackson took others words a little more often than he probably should, but he always tried to do his own research later. He didn't really know this girl, but he thought it probably he had seen her in a class or two. It could be extremely difficult to remember someone when you're only used to seeing them in their uniform okay?? He wondered if she was on the Quidditch team perhaps. The other possibility, of course, was that she knew absolutely nothing about brooms and simply said that one at random.


Dokimoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 05:25 AM   #266 (permalink)



DIMC & DMAC
Nogtail
 
lazykitty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 4,865

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Sterling Archer Calrissian
Fifth Year
x7 x4

Diagon Alley Employee:
Kara Valentina St. Cloud
Daily Prophet
Default
Dem Carters | Skarsgårdian | Roxanne Carter, Zombie Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokimoto View Post
Jackson was so caught up looking at the details on one of the brooms that he was oblivious to the girl that had almost run him over. So much so in fact, that he was startled when he heard a voice so near. "Oh?" he remarked, eyebrows slightly raised still. A smile crept on his face as he relaxed again and he looked up to find the broom in question. "Looks like a good one..." he nodded before looking in her direction again. "You some kind of expert?" he asked, raising an eyebrow. He had met people with all kinds of knowledge on this or that over the years. Jackson took others words a little more often than he probably should, but he always tried to do his own research later. He didn't really know this girl, but he thought it probably he had seen her in a class or two. It could be extremely difficult to remember someone when you're only used to seeing them in their uniform okay?? He wondered if she was on the Quidditch team perhaps. The other possibility, of course, was that she knew absolutely nothing about brooms and simply said that one at random.


Had she startled him? Whoops, hadn't meant to.

"Oh, you could say that. Or I might just be a bit biased..." He looked nice when he smiled. Enough that she also started smiling a bit. "It brought me all kinds of good luck when I played for my house team at Illvermorny." And of course, plenty of wins for her house too. In fact, she'd been able to convince the rest of the team to get one for themselves. "It even broke one of the other team's Seeker's broom," she added with humor in her voice, as if the memory was about to cause her to chuckle. Which it was. I mean, imagine someone flying into someone else's broom and the first someone's broom is the only one to break?
__________________
Venom, (I got that) adrenaline momentum Venom, not known when

I'm gonna ever slow up and I'm ready to snap any moment
lazykitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2018, 09:49 PM   #267 (permalink)



DoM & DMGS
Vampire
 
Lissy Longbottom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Jakku: GMT-6
Posts: 54,895

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Trinetta Gladin
Second Year
x11 x1

Ministry RPG Name:
Javi Hernandez
Games & Sports

Ministry RPG Name:
Nolan Reynolds
Mysteries
Default *finishing up cuz train*
Crazy Dog Lady || Rebel Scum | | Let's keep things Loki || Neville Fan Mädchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callie View Post
The redness in Dizzy's face deepened enough that it was clear as day now over her lightly tanned complexion. It wasn't so much finding Derf hot. Okay, yes.
He was hot. And a hero. No, it was how she reacted that embarrassed Dizzy. Mostly.

Dizzy Luijendijk was better than that! She'd not reacted that way to any of the cute and/or hot classmates at Beauxbatons, and the school had a fountain that literally made the student population more beautiful.

Wait...did that mean Hogwarts had a similar fountain as well, if everyone there was also really attractive?

Dizzy shook her head to clear her thoughts for now.

Back to brooms. "Why the heck not?" she repeated. Dizzy hadn't heard that expression before (was it an expression?), but there was something about it; something about how it sounded she liked. "You tried out last year?" And hadn't made it despite playing in a youth league, Dizzy noted. That did not bode well for her then. Most of her personal experience with Quidditch, was watching the world cups with her Dad dressed all in orange. But Dizzy was going to try out anyhow. "Any pointers for me? I'm thinking of trying out too. Maybe as a beater." Batting angry blubgers at people's heads seemed like it could be great fun.
"Yeah, I played Chaser!" Nettie informed her. "It was really fun, even though we lost TERRIBLY. But that's ok, I think we'll do better next year. Although I'll miss our Captain, Kirk. He was gorgeous," she said with a small sigh.

Pointers? Hmm. "Well, just do your best. And give each position a shot! I tried out for Seeker but tried my hand at Chaser and that's actually what I got," she explained. She imagined that tryouts would follow a similar fashion this year. That would give her a chance to try her hand at Seeker again - or maybe Beater. Heck, maybe she'd try them all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirali View Post
SPOILER!!: Dizzy and Nettie




Runa cocked her head to the side slightly in response to Dizzy's glare. In retrospect, she should have remembered that her sister tended to get a bit flustered about things like that. Personally, she didn't quite get it. There were...

The blonde girl grinned and nodded as as the other girl noted that the boy truly was cute as though it were the most obvious thing in the world. Which, of course, it was. "Exactly." Runa's agreement was equally as matter of fact as Nettie's comments had been. "I keep trying to tell her that there's nothing wrong with finding someone cute but then she just says that's how Mom got into that misunderstanding with the headmistress that made us have to transfer over here but I still don't see why it was such a big deal..." Runa trailed off, realising too late that she'd slipped into rambling, just in time to hear her sister's comments about being a beater.

"You'd be good at that."
"Oh. Ok," Was all Nettie was able to say in regards to that. That sounded like a FASCINATING story, but she wasn't sure she really knew either girl well enough to ask about it just yet. And that confirmed her earlier guess that they were sisters - probably twins, they looked so much alike. There were small differences as with any twins but...

She looked up at the clock on the shop wall and sighed. "I really should get going. My brother is waiting for me," she told them. Although honestly, he'd probably moved on to flirting with some girl. "I think I'm going with the Nimbus," she smiled, reaching into the rack and pulling the Nimbus towards her. Oh yes. As soon as she held it in her hand, she was certain of her choice.

"It was nice meeting you! See you at school!" she said with a grin before she bounced away to the cashier.
__________________
I don't know what's round the corner_________________________________________

________________________________way I feel right now I swear we'll never change
Lissy Longbottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 12:09 AM   #268 (permalink)



DMC
Snidget
 
Callie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Never Never Land
Posts: 2,709

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alfdis "Dizzy" Luijendijk
Second Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Lexi O'Brien
Madame Primpernelle's
Default Runa and Nettie
Fluttery Pegasi

Dizzy shot her sister a sharp look. While Mama hadn't expressly forbade them from talking about it, she was quite sure it was just one of those things you weren't supposed to go telling everyone you just met about. And they said she had a big mouth.

"Okay, see you in school, Nettie!" She waved bye to the girl as she watched her make her way to the front. "Thanks for the advice and help with picking a broom."

Dizzy turned back to her sister, grinning. "You really think so?" She wasn't so sure she'd be great at being a beater, but it did sound fun. "Come on, we should go before Mama gets tired of waiting." Calmly, Dizzy slipped Solstice back in her messenger bag, and gave him a few loving strokes to help calm him. Then she lead the way to the front with her firebolt in hand.
__________________
Callie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 02:09 AM   #269 (permalink)

Mackled Malaclaw
 
siriusblackliveson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: (EST)
Posts: 11,163

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Patrick Dooley
Fourth Year

Diagon Alley Employee:
Victoria Martin
Madame Malkin's
Default
Stealthy Ninja Queen | Snake For Life | craft so hard |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lislchen View Post
Quodpot. Huh.

"I've never played Quodpot before. What's it like?" They should play it as a warm-up exercise some time maybe. Could be fun. As for the broom, Cameron thought it VERY unfortunate that Patrick hadn't had his own broom before now.

But that also meant that maybe getting this particular broom wasn't right for him just yet. "Maybe you should go for another broom then, though." He nodded towards the others on the display. "A change from a school broom to...this one might be a bit...extreme." Yeah?
”It’s very similar only the ball explodes on you.” he smiled thinking of all the times it had blown up in his brothers face when they were playing at home. He figured he should suggest that as a fun game to play with the quidditch team to who ever the captain was this term.

He started paying attention again, pulling his heads out of the clouds. He looked at the broom again sizing it up and the others to try and decide what he was going to do. “I’ll probably have to come back again because I can’t make my mind up about it yet. But who knows which way I’ll go.”
__________________
siriusblackliveson is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:58 PM.


This Harry Potter and Wizarding World fan website and community is not endorsed by Hogwarts, Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling, Warner Bros., Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint, Quidditch, Deathly Hallows, Sorcerer's Stone, Wizards, Muggles, No-Maj, MACUSA, Newt Scamander, Video Games, Half-Blood Prince, Orders of the Phoenix, Goblet of Fire, Philosopher's Stones, Chamber of Secret, Pottermore, Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Eddie Redmayne, Cursed Child, or any other official Harry Potter source.

All content is copyright ©2002 - 2016, SnitchSeeker.com unless stated otherwise. Privacy Policy

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
LinkBacks Enabled by vBSEO 3.3.2 © 2009, Crawlability, Inc.
Site designed by Richard Harris Design

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196