Thread: Aurors
View Single Post
Old 03-03-2018, 05:13 AM   #17 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expecto-Penguin View Post
Zarina was impressed with the answer. She'll take it. "Would it be rude of me to ask you what kind of auror you are? What missions have you go on?" She just wanted to know so much. "What kind of dark objects have you encountered. I just know there is a place called Borgin and Burkes and I did look in there and...I'm like actual dark wizards use this stuff?" I mean what other objects could there be that were illegal. Zarina couldn't imagine.

She had to commend the girl for her curiosity, but... Evangeline couldn't give it all away. There was a line that couldn't be crossed. And this girl was still fairly young. But at the same time she didn't want to talk down to her or sound patronizing. "I take down the bad guys, to put it lightly. I also do some tracking. I dabble in a lot of it. Missions, however... that's top secret." She added a quick smile, hoping she'd understand that she couldn't talk too much about it.

Borgin and Burkes however... Evangeline sighed a little, reflecting a little on her first trip to Knockturn Alley. "Don't go wandering down in Knockturn, alright? You'll get yourself in trouble." Evangeline happened to have ran into someone who became her partner in the field, but really, what were the odds of that happening of that to this girl too?

"Dark wizards don't need to shop at Borgin and Burkes... Listen," Evangeline stepped closer, lowering her voice, suddenly finding a sense of... responsibility for this girl. Perhaps it was because she saw a little bit of herself in the image of a young Hogwarts student, fascinated with big spells and dark alleys. "Someday you'll make a great auror. But right now, don't get ahead of yourself. Pay attention in class, go to duelling club and do your best. Focus on your dream and it'll happen." She offered her a small, encouraging smile. "And if you need any motivation, you can send me an owl through the Ministry." Because when she was building her dream of being an auror, it was nice that she had somebody on the inside to give a good word. If it weren't for Dakest, she wouldn't be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey Ju View Post
Oh, deep questions. Matt was actually getting used to those by now. "I like the idea of ridding the Wizarding World of Dark Wizards." Would that ever be 100% accomplished? Who knew. But he was willing to give it a try. With help, obviously. He KNEW he wouldn't be able to do it all on his own. He wasn't THAT stupid. "I like being in risky situations." The seventh year shrugged. Was that bad? And his PASSION? "I do enjoy duelling." The Gryffindor said after a second or two of consideration. Would 'exploding things' be an acceptable answer as well? Matt didn't think it would.

'Take it seriously. Don't get overconfident.' And work hard, basically. Hm. Interesting. Matt did stop to think about those for a moment and then nodded."Sounds legit!" He grinned at the older lady. "By the way, how old were you when you became a fully qualified Auror?"
This boy, however, she was having a harder time taking seriously. She was trying to give him the benefit of the doubt, though. Perhaps it was because he seemed to think the world could really be rid of dark wizards that he seemed a little naive. But at least they could try.

Evangeline smiled, a little amused at his like of being in risky situations. "Alright, but don't be getting too cocky now; that'll get you someday." Every auror in training had their moments, though. Duelling though, that was good. Evangeline approved of duelling club. How old was she when she became an auror? "I was twenty-one. I did three years of training before I took my tests. The average is four." So it was not bad to take four years, in fact most people did.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise