Thread: Stone Gargoyle
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2017, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)
Goblinfrog

DIMC & MO
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Lola A.
Second Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Emily L. Valentine
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Nick Moonston
Mischievous Niffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoe View Post
Hawk-like eyes watched as the prefect placed the magazines back in their place and then focused on the fifth year. She couldn't help but pick up the shyness in her response, so the smile on her face remained and her head tilted slightly to one side. Regina was listening, patiently wondering where this visit would take them. The headmistress had a hunch, though she only had a pin to based that assumption on.

Needless to say, she was a little surprised when the conversation didn't start off with the topic of the pin. Instead her former school and place of employment was the topic of their conversation. "Thank you, Miss Valentine," Regina responded courteously. Once again, she was reminded of the Brits' friendliness. "What about Ilvermorny peaked your interest?"

Her eyebrow rose when the Ravenclaw began searching through her bag. The woman held her clipboard closer to her chest, not quite sure what the girl was doing. It was almost impolite of her to do so mid-conversation. Though her brow lowered at the sight of papers and a pin. And so the real reason for Kitty Valentine's visit was revealed.

Without saying a word, her face expressionless, the headmistress's eyes made their way through each and every line. The Statute had always been the cause of intense debate in America, even after Rapport's Law had been repealed. It was a subject she was quite familiar with. In all honesty, she believed that Pinkstone could have been more responsible and didn't think she was the best person to refer to in comparison to other activists that didn't purposefully break wizarding law that had been in place for hundreds of years. Nonetheless, it was a healthy conversation starter, and the girl certainly had something to say about it in a way that wouldn't put her in prison.

"You have my permission to hand out this information as well as the pins," she finally stated, "between and after classes. I trust that you are aware that there are still very strong feelings about this particular subject in today's wizarding society, even among your peers. You will be facing mixed opinions on this matter."
There were many things that she loved about Ilvermorny. "I like how it's not at all elitist, and I like how students are sorted into houses. Many times I've wondered what house I would be placed in. It's brilliant how some students get the choice to be in all of the houses. Also I love the history, the story of Isolt and James, and how a Mugle was one of the founders of a wizarding school. I read that there was a Pukwudgie living thee named William, and that some think he's the same William as in the story. Doyou think he is?"

The topic was then switched back to her original intentions, with the headmistress giving her permission to do exactly what she wanted. "Thank you headmistress," Kitty said, beaming happily. "I do understand that the Statute is probably the most controversial subject among in the magical world and I know most people don't agree with me, because if they did then there wouldn't be a Statute. So I promise to be respectful of other people's opinions and debate passionately but not unreasonably." In her opinion that was a pretty good Ravenclaw style speech.

Speaking of which... She held out a pin to the headmistress. "Would you like one?"