Thread: Dance Floor
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2015, 07:13 PM   #78 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Default It's SPEECH TIME!
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Vinteren View Post

Erik just smirked, his trademark happy face for those who knew him well. He would rather be most places than here, but for her he would lie about it.

He gently rubbed the small of her back where his hand rested. "I just know myself, you mean." Erik looked around the room for a moment before his blue eyes landed back on his partner. "Are you going to make some sort ov announcement, so everyone can know how much vork you put into this?" A surprising amount of this successful event was due to Ivy's organized mind, honestly, and he didn't want any of these other lazy governors taking credit.
Ivy didn't even have to look at his face to know what it looked like. She knew him well, too. After a moment, she met his eyes at his question. "I will," she said reassuringly. Ivy Knox would let everyone know how well she had done. Ahem. "But I'm enjoying the moment, believe it or not, so let me be." She pecked his lips affectionately and continued to follow his lead until the song ended.

And then it was her speech time, so she took a step away from her partner, used her wand to cast Sonorus on her voice and then cleared her throat.

"If I could have your attention, everyone!"

Ivy's voice was loud and clear and echoed throughout the Great hall, thanks to the charm she used. "On behalf of the Hogwarts Board of Governors, I would like to welcome you and your guests to the Hogwarts Alumni Reunion! We have spent many weeks planning and organizing this event for you to come back and revisit the past and meet with old friends and new. We would like to thank the lovely Headmistress Anastasia Truebridge," she paused to guide a hand to the direction of the redheaded Headmistress, "and her willingness to let us use this wonderful space for this event. Also a great thanks goes out to the dedicated house elves for preparing all this food.

"I hope you all are enjoying yourselves. Continue to mingle, eat and drink, reminisce, and don't forget to stop into the Chamber of Reception to donate to our Scholarship Fund for our students. Thank you for coming!"
Ivy gave them all a pleasant smile (she had been practicing) and a small round of applause at the end of her speech and then returned her voice level back to normal so they could all return to the party.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise