View Single Post
Old 11-15-2014, 01:28 AM   #50 (permalink)
DaniDiNardo

MO & DMLE
Crup

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Emmerson N. J. Cambridge
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Alexa Christina Cambridge
Law Enforcement

Ministry RPG Name:
Kodee Chosen
Minister's Office
x12 x12
Yeah I broke that mirror, so what? ll NOT backward ll Official Gryfferin ll Lemon's favourite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
Gavin Isaacs. Becca knew that name. Senior Undersecretary. Mhmm. The redhead made a beeline for the man and smiled politely at him as she put a hand on Preston Kingsley's upper arm in a friendly gesture. "You know, you look like someone I know." She engaged the other candidate in conversation. "Mr. Isaacs, I'm Becca Yenorin." She didn't offer the man a hand after seeing his body language when Kingsley had done that. Instead, she offered a warm smile and offered him a drink. "Just butterbeer, I promise."
Gavin was beginning to get the idea that his luck wouldn't be changing any time soon. The one man caused someone else to approach, just when he thought he'd been doing an excellent job of staying unnoticed in this sea of people. "It's a pleasure, Mrs. Yenorin." He replied, ever the gentleman even in the face of the most horrifying situations. "Gidyun's wife, correct?" He'd never had a proper conversation with the man but he wasn't completely out of the loop, maybe except for the fact he didn't know she would be running. "No thanks." He replied with the most apologetic of smiles. For starters he didn't trust things offered to him in public places with strange people (weren't they all strange?) and second, he might need something a little stronger if this continued.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazinga View Post
Turning back to her husband and the possible food at hand, she noticed a certain unsocial person standing awkwardly speaking to a few people. Giving him a smile that said if you need help nod, she waved and looked back to the food. Gavin was one of those people she considered a close friend. He had helped her many times and speaking of helping she lifted her eyes back to him and then to Cossy to show he was back to normal. Thankfully whatever it was had went away. [/COLOR]
He caught the smile Vic had sent, very much aware of how he must have looked from his seat here on the couch but he was a little preoccupied watching her husband now that she'd pointed him out. He was the one who'd gone haywire correct? The one who taught at Hogwarts and possibly should still have been there in case it was something more serious and lingering?

Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbiguouslyMe View Post
Preston appreciated the man's candor, though he questioned the prudence of saying as much as he had. Any of them could end up Minister and such comments could certainly have ill-effects on a career. "I.. see," he said, deliberately, nodding. He would certainly not speak ill of the candidates - no matter how much he agreed - in such a public forum. The Prophet would certainly capitalize on such a faux pas. In fact, he expected it of them. "I do hope that you will find what I have to say more congruent with your expectations." It certainly wasn't a detailed plan, but as Preston considered his speech, it struck him that it was the laying of a foundation to be built upon throughout the campaign.

Clasping his hands behind his back, he saw another of the candidates approach.
"I do hope so as well." Gavin said with a firm nod. He meant every word of what he'd said, not particularly bothered by the prospect of the prophet having a field day. On the contrary, if some of them could see their mistakes in print, perhaps they'd revise their approach and he wouldn't be so worried about the future of the Ministry. At this point, his confidence lied in the speeches he had not yet heard. A terrible look on life but fitting.

"I don't believe I've heard your take." He said after a moment of silent crowd surveillance. He'd like to hear his opinions if only to confirm their was a functional brain somewhere in his head.

Wouldn't that just make his day?

______________________________I'm fired up and tired of the way that things are said.