View Single Post
Old 11-14-2014, 06:33 AM   #42 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles View Post
To say that he had happily volunteered to get the drinks was an understatement. But only because it gave him a chance to get away from the politicians who he really didn't care about. Under normal circumstances Dash would have instructed Althea to get her own drink. And his as well while she was at it. Because that's what she was there for obviously.

Ahem.

Passing her drink over he nodded.

"Are you still set on Clark?" Dash's eyes flickered to the much older man for a second. Unlike his wife he had no real reason to support the man. He didn't know him very well and he didn't seem qualified anyways.

Then again, if this whole thing was really about qualifications none of the candidates would probably be running.
"... every single branch of the idiot tree." As in that Roxanne woman had hit them all. On the way down.

She took her drink thankfully and eyed the podium.

"For now my support is certainly with Sherman." Pause. "Though he could have done with a stylist." Perhaps she'd 'convince' him to make use of one. Pensacola Bott or one of her O-Star designers would manage nicely. There were others on the ballot whose names she had heard before, but she wasn't familiar with what their platforms may be so she was keeping an open mind and was willing to have it changed... so far though... not so much.

"Sherman impressed me during the campaign for the board. Many of his opinions aligned with my own," Or at least didn't directly conflict with them, "And he seemed to be running for the right reasons, rather than out of sheer ego. He's genuine and he has his priorities in order, though he is a tad disorganized, I'm sure Kettleburn's existing staff have that aspect of governing the Ministry well on lock." At least she would hope so. The outgoing minister had always appeared to know what he was about.
SPOILER!!: Alicia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimist View Post
Alicia grinned at Tori for a moment and then the question about her French Heritage. “I was born in France but I am English, I went to Hogwarts like most of these other Candidates and my own mother was English by birth” she admitted with a nod. “And really, if our constituents cannot see past where someone was born are we not failing history as this same fight this fight civil justice would have back stepped to perilous levels.” She smiled still though.

“I do believe that I understand my constituents and I believe that the people should have a minister who will speak with them and ask what they want and listen to their answers.” She took a breath, “I also feel that living wages are something all wizards should receive and I will strive for this in my campaign and if I get into the office I will try to do this as well as try to respond to issues that arise such as the tundra? That happened at Hogwarts recently in an attempt to make the schools safer for all.” Alicia smiled.

“If you don’t mind I should actually head to the podium soon, its been a pleasure Miss Bunbury” she smiled before turning and nervously walking to the podium.

DEEP BREATHS...

You got this. “Hello Everyone, I am Alicia Tanner one of the ten Candidates for Minister.” She smiled out to the crowd, pausing to not only gather her thoughts but also to breathe. “Some of you might remember me from my many years working as the Ministry Jurisprudent within Wizengamot, and others for my work in the Department of International Cooperation, and others might just know me from the deliveries of different treats that I still drop off at the ministry from time to time as a thank you for all of your wonderful work” yeah she was the Tea lady. Her nickname had been Ali-Tea when she first worked at the ministry. “Now, my platform for this campaign is simple. I believe that all employees in our magical community should at least receive a living wage. Now, this isn’t my only campaign platform there is more” she smiled again and glanced around the room at everyone. No, her hand was not shaking...okay maybe it was. But that was normal. “one thing I hold dear to my heart is the safety of our children, we were all students of one magical education system or another even if we trained at Beauxbaton, Salem, Durmstrang, or Hogwarts to name a few. Now we have all seen the Daily Prophet’s reportings on issues that have arisen at the schools now, such as the appearance of the Black ship in 2075?” Her smile wasn’t that happy right now. That one had hit home for her.

"A pirate's ghost, because of this possessed my own stepdaughter; still, more recently there was the ice storm that engulfed Hogwarts. As minister I will try to send delegates to deduce whether the situation is safe for not only our students but for the faculty and staff as well.” She smiled. "These are just some of the reasons why I want to help the ministry and help raise another generation, a generation that is and will be our future." There. She had done it! She smiled, nodded "thank you" she quietly spoke as she stepped off of the podium and returned to where Victoria was standing near her family and the other candidates that she was also interviewing.

Now why on earth would someone harp on about a ten-year old occurrence? That had even been prior to Althea's stint as Charms Professor at Hogwarts. Why were they all so hell-bent on placing Hogwarts issues at the center of their campaigns thusfar? This woman was in the wrong election, clearly, and there wasn't another due for the Board for some time. She did wonder what Headmistress Truebridge would make of all this... likely a few ruffled feathers. As for the living wage thing, Merlin, if people didn't live above their means then there wouldn't be a problem, would there? She happened to know intimately that every single wage set at the ministry was more than enough to live on. Poverty in the Wizarding World was nothing like that of Muggle Britain. Any witch or wizard could make a living wage simply by applying at the Ministry, even if they had to work their way up from the mailroom or as a janitor or gopher. It was doable.

Althea mentally dismissed this candidate too. Deliveries of treats? Right. Maybe this one should be a kindergarten teacher, and encourage everyone to hold hands and join in on singalongs and try to make the world a better place with sharing and pats on the back just for trying.

Pat on the back for you, Alicia Tanner, just for showing up.

Nope.

Next.
SPOILER!!: Roxanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazykitty View Post

Before she could reach the buffet, however, she was way laid by the Games and Sports head. Who seemed to have an overinflated view of just how important Quidditch was in the grand scheme of things. It was amusing, really. Except when you considered what else that money could've been used for. Like, for example, keeping the Specialties department afloat. Though, all this woman was getting for her efforts to defend herself was a small chuckle.

Once she got her laughter under control, Roxanne replied. "Oh, honey," she began in a voice one might use on a particularly dim child and taking the woman's chin firmly yet gently, "how misinformed and misguided you are. I can I assure you that I've done my research on the disaster of a Ministry that is run around here. And you seem to have an overinflated view of just how important Quidditch and your department in general is, Mrs.De La Garza." Yes, she'd done her research in that regards as well. "Something that it would do you better to realize sooner rather than later. Now if you'll excuse me, sweetheart, there's some business I must attend to elsewhere." Like at the buffet table. She released the younger woman's chin and took her leave then, walking over to said table, passing one Althea Scabior on her way.

......who got a nod of acknowledgement and a smirk for the shocked look on her face as Roxanne passed by.

__________________________________________________ ________

No one else seemed to be foolish brave enough to take her on, which was funny, because she could've sworn she'd seen one Emily Browne in the crowd. Oh well, she was taking that to mean that either the rest of them were too chicken or that they all secretly agreed with her. Good. That meant she'd be able to load up her plate and eat without interruption. Hopefully.

...... had anyone heard and seen that? Roxanne up to her old tricks again? Althea wasn't surprised by it but she was disgusted. If the Games and Sports Head wished to press charges, well Althea was a witness right here.

On the bright side Roxanne wasn't doing herself any favours, and Althea was already utterly sure that she wouldn't get a look in.

Again.

She nodded back in silence and then her gaze simply passed the woman by in dismissal. Lets see if anyone actually worth their salt would take the podium next.

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you