Thread: The Observatory
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2014, 02:51 AM   #24 (permalink)
FireboltAvis88
Banned
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cristoffer Daniel Strand
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jackson McQueen
Magical Law Enforcement

x12 x12
Default Astronomy H/W#1 - Post 5
There's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for| LOTR|Whovian|Sherlock Fan

SPOILER!!: Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grrr..Meow View Post
Man everything was going great, they were finding lots of things.. He smiled when Lux told them that she found Mars too.. "Great job Cucumber" he said while giving her a big thumbs up.

Everyone was finding things left right and centre. "Wow guys you lot are really good at this stuff eh?" he said rhetorically.

Moving his eye back to the glass he moved it around more to find some other things…. he kept moving it right…more right….. a little tiny planet poped into view. was that Pluto?? he wasn't sure maybe it was a very large start.

"Hey guys I think i've found Pluto but I'm not sure… can someone take a look for me and let me know… like I'm 88% sure its Pluto but having someone double check would be super awesome" he said while moving away from his telescope.

Sander was on his way back to search for more celestial bodies, when Bay announced that he might have just found Pluto. So he went over to have a look. Peering into the telescope, Sander looked and then gave a thumbs up.

"Yep that is Pluto alright. It has that light brown color to it. I still think it was mean to regulate it down to a dwarf planet." Sander looked up and shook his head.

"Well done, Bay. Now I'm off to find the Constellation Cassiopeia. According to the star charts, it should be visible in our hemisphere this time of year." Sander told Bay before returning to his own telescope.

With the coordinates written in his journal, Sander adjusted the dials to those coordinates before peering through the telescope. He slowly moved his telescope a little to the right and then up scanning the starlit sky. He was looking for a specific formation of stars.

He patiently took his time and was finally rewarded when he came across a cluster of stars that looked similar in formation to the Constellation Cassiopeia. Sander quickly pulled over his textbook and studied the picture of the Constellation before peering back up through the viewfinder...and he smiled. It was a match. He had found the Constellation Cassiopeia.

"Hey guys I found it. The Constellation I was looking for. Come over and have a look." he urged everyone.