View Single Post
Old 11-14-2013, 10:13 PM   #152 (permalink)
the fastest seeker
Dark Force Defense League

Porlock

Ministry RPG Name:
Lara Black
Minister's Office
x1
Queen of Typos | The OTHER OTHER Roro | WICKED is Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStar View Post
Ainsley turned to the sound of high heels making their way into the conference room. She watched as the lady went straight for her seat. Hmm… maybe this was not her first day on the job, but didn’t see realize that there were new faces. Ainsley herself was new at least. Tsk, tsk. Manners really did go a long way.

Oh, she speaks? She was just going to return the greeting from where she was standing, but decided that she would not shout across the room. Ainsley walked over to where the woman was sitting and extended her hand. ”Pleasure to meet you Victoria. I’m Ainsley Scarsdale.” Maybe she would learn from her example? Ainsley loved helping people after all.
Victoria took the woman's hand in hers and smiled at her. One thing a secretary did best was greeting people warmly. "The pleasure is mine. I look forward to working with you," and that was true. She was quite used to meeting new comrades.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarShine View Post
...then a rude one that went to sit BEFORE looking at the faces. Merlin. Although they were two different floors, João could see why Aspen disliked it here a lot. They got even ruder every year, these Brits did. The idea of sitting straight without acknowledging the woman crossed his mind, but he was new here and one never knew what the other was capable of. So, although he was SENIOR to her in position, he still went to HER to shake hands with a polite smile. Surely she had heard his name? Because he wasn't repeating it, in case she missed while looking for a seat.

After the handshakes were done, João sat somewhere in the middle too and turned to Gavin.

"I am new too." Surely they must have noticed his different and somewhat curt accent?
Wasn't this young man nice and cute. The blond secretary flashed him a huge smile and shook his hand. The one she gave all the time sitting at her office and greeting people. She could tell he was new. Simply because she knew almost everyone around here. "Well, then, welcome aboard," she told him smile never leaving her face. Naaah. Her cheeks were used to the motion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniDiNardo View Post
Then clicking of heels caught his attention long before the woman entered the room. Yet another employee he would have to know the name of. At first he thought it was good he'd brought his files, what with the way she just immediately took her seat but then she gave a brief introduction. Did he mind terribly that she took a seat without coming to greet him first? Not at all. One less handshake to smile through. Were it him he'd have done the same, in fact it was what he was used to doing. "Good day Ms. Smith. Glad you could join us." While the others had been early, she'd merely been on time. Nothing he would complain about.

And she was the secretary, he would probably be working with her quite often, no? "Please, help yourself to come of the snacks, we'll be beginning in a moment." And someone had taken the time to make these. No need to make them go to waste

"Now I understand the major project at the moment is..." He flipped through the folder for a moment, "Redecorating for the Minister. How's that coming along?" From what he'd come to understand, even the new employees had been briefed, yes? Input? "And the dress code? How's that?"
And here it was the man she looked forwards to meet most. Exciting as always to get to know her new bosses. She nodded at the man gratefully. He seemed to be ready to get onto business. She remained in her seat and listened on.

Her eyes flickered to the door as Zack entered, she returned his smile. Then the Minister himself joined them and she rose from her seat and nodded in greeting before listening carefully to his words.

Then they were getting to business and it was time for her to speak. Hearing what Zack suggested, Victoria waited for him to finish before she chimed in. "I do agree on that," she started off referring to the junior undersecretary's words "It would be very helpful that each level has its own uniform for the sake of being easily recognized and not confused with someone else." It would all save time. "Except maybe for exceptional occasions in which anonymity is required," the MLE must face such occasions. As for Level one that wasn't likely. But who knew what might be required someday? "Perhaps we can come up with as many options as we can and put them all up for voting, in a ballot?" After all, the people who were going to wear the uniforms had the right to get a say in it.

And though I may not look like much -----------------------------I'm yours