View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 02:49 AM   #16 (permalink)
DecemberMoon
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Eliza Neladara Dawnsel
Fifth Year
Default Astronomy HW1 - Post 4 finished

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Soul View Post
Oh wow.. this girl sure felt perky and up for a chat today, didn't she? Botros let out an impressed whistle when she mentioned the muggle vacuums, he even bent down to take a closer look at hers. "Brilliant move from professor Flamsteed, I'd say." The young man reminded him of his younger son sometimes, but more unpredictable and childish. In a good way.

He leaned forward on his cane as the Ravenclaw continued on about her assignment. "That is uber nice of you, miss Dawnsel! And you happen to come at a good time, too." He put a gentle hand on her shoulder before pointed at the sofas with his cane. "I hadn't worked on cleaning this place yet, it slips my mind all the time." Especially that he has to do some knee-bending effort, he kept postponing it. "I'd be really grateful for you if you just check under my sofas, Feo, my Crup, might've chewed something and threw it there. My office has dozens of parchments on the floor still, so I guess it's not a vacuuming area yet." Besides, he didn't feel comfortable to use the little kids too much. They were far too adorable to be cleaning offices.

"I thank you once again for considering this! Maybe we can have my Moroccan herbal tea after you're done." He grinned down at her.
She watched as Professor Botros looked at her vacuum and praised Professor Flamsteed. "Yes, it was quite the crafty lesson plan," she said with a grin. She knew the teachers were dolling out work that would help them clean up the castle, but she was okay with that because really, she enjoyed helping.

She especially liked helping people who could really use it, like Botros here. She had suspected that he hadn't knelt down lately to check under the sofas, and it seemed she'd been correct. She grinned when he said the word "uber". She liked that word for some reason. Probably because she didn't get to hear it very often. Always the modest one though, she simply smiled and glanced downwards briefly before she said, "Oh, you're welcome. It's no trouble at all." She nodded while she listened to his description of his office and his crup, Feo. "Well if your office isn't quite ready for the vacuum, the couches will do just fine!" she said with a chuckle, trying to imagine what reason there could be for spreading all of your papers on the floor. She knew it wasn't her place to ask, so she didn't. Yet.

She was especially glad she'd come to speak with him because now he was offering her special tea. What a sweet man! she thought fondly. "Oh thank you, Professor. I'd like that very much!" As soon as she was done cleaning she would surely welcome a nice cup of tea. She'd never had Moroccan tea before either, so that was a special treat. She loved trying new things.

She smiled at him once more before turning her attention to the sofas. First she knelt down, not wanting to suck up any of Feo's toys or prized possessions. Once she was eye level with the ground, her eyes passed over the area, searching for treasures. It was pretty dark down there, so she helped herself out a bit. "Lumos!" She aimed the wand under the couches and saw clearly the outline of a half-chewed bone. "Oh!" she uttered and reached her arm deeeep into the depths until her fingertips brushed it. She wasn't very good with the summoning spell yet, so for now her hands would have to do. Finally she got hold of it and carefully sat it behind her, away from the cleaning zone.

Well there's one toy down. Anything else? She shined her wand under the sofa again and checked behind all of the legs. There were a few crumpled pieces of paper that she picked up and sat behind her as well, but other than that, it looked ready for the muggle contraption. "Nox."

Aiming her wand at the vacuum now, she said the spell, "Vacavus!" The familiar vroooooooomshhhhhhh began and she knew it was working. Taking the hose in both of her hands, she ran it over the carpet several times. She was careful not to nick the sofa legs with the hose because she knew that would ruin the finish. Then again, she was sure someone would know how to fix that, but she careful just the same.

She ran the hose on the underside of the sofa too and watched as dust bounced from its fabric and was sucking into the tube. Still harder work than the cleaning spell, but at least it's more fun to watch! She continued to clean the floor and the sofa until the whole area looked clean enough to, well not eat off of, but walk barefoot on at least. She switched off the vacuum with a simple "Finite."

She clamped the hose back to the body of the vacuum and sat it upright. She then bent down to pick up the crumpled papers she'd found, opened them to read what was inside - just in case they were important or something - but finding nothing too interesting, she sat them back on the ground and vanished them. Now that she thought about it though, she wondered if Hogwarts recycled paper. She hadn't seen any bins but maybe... Too late now anyway.

The thirteen year old grabbed the bone, glad to have saved it for its owner, and dragged the vacuum behind her over to the Professor's door, where she knocked again. She was ready for tea if he still was. The cleaning had taken quite a while, but she hadn't seen him leave his office while she was there, so she assumed he was still inside and hopefully Feo was too. She was eager to reunite him with his bone.

... CHARMING ... HUMBLE ... REFINED ...