View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 07:54 PM   #63 (permalink)
D.A Forever
Dark Force Defense League

DMC & SA
Banshee

x2 x3
Fortress of Brilliance ღ Mommy Quad

This was from a few terms ago, but I was re-reading these posts again after stumbling upon them and wondered why we never QQ'd it. Thought it was pretty cute/sweet.

SPOILER!!: K.M & L.C's farewell for Hadley
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos.Doodles

The Disillusionment Charm was really amazing. Legend had been hiding out for about 30 minutes, just waiting for Hadley to slip and leav her room. Just as he was about to give up, the Arithmancy Professor made her way out, but not before locking the door.

This probably would be called trespassing, or breaking and entering, but Legend didn't care.

It was for a good cause right?

Carring the two items in his hand, Legend waited until he could no longer hear Hadley's footsteps before taking out his wand. "Alohomora." Click. The door unlocked easily enough. Really, the Professors probably needed something stronger to lock doors with if they were at a school where they taught magic to kids.

He pulled the door open, just wide enough so that he could slip inside. Quickly Legend placed the nicely wrapped package in the middle of her desk before placing the journal on top. He gazed around for a few seconds before opening the journal up so that Hadley could read the small note that was left on the first page right away.

SPOILER!!: The Note

Dear Professor Hadley,

From our Fourth year when you arrived at Hogwarts to teach us Arithmancy through to our Seventh year, you have been a great teacher; You have taught us, pushed us to do our best when you knew we could do better and encouraged our dreams - Even if some were crazier than others. We want to thank you, and let you know how much we really did appreciate your guidance during our time at school. Although I can't say the same for Legend, it's because of you that I have decided to further my education (in Arithmancy, particularly) on the side while I persue my goals in life.

Unlike Katie (this is Legend now obviously), I have not decided to do any education with Arithmancy cause really, that is just mad. But without you Hadley I probably would despise the subject so much. Now I just don't mind it! Although you may not know it, you are the professor I share the most memories with. After all, you did give me my first detention, and you've probably are the person who did the majority of my point deductions. I don't mind though, that just made my journey at Hogwarts more entertaining. So because of all you did for us, of course we wanted to get you something to remember us by. Just don’t forget who your favourite students are! (we KNOW we are)

Goodbye Professor Hadley,
Love, Katie Mae & Legend Chosen

P.S the gobblestones are antique, yeah, we care that much. dont lend them to some first year

Once he was sure that everything was set in place, Legend gave the office a small sad smile. "Later.." Really it was just an office...but he would still miss it. Turning he left the office and locked the door.

Everything was set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising

After deciding on a quick escape to the Great Hall for a snack to motivate her to finish up marking the last couple assignments, Hadley unlocked her office again. But immediately her eyes shot toward her desk where there was something new. A gift and a notebook on top? Who? Oh but that meant someone had broken into her office in the ten minutes she'd been gone!

Horrified, her hazel eyes glanced around the room to see that nothing was taken and then outside the door for the culprit. She hadn't noticed suspicious behavior, but then again, she hadn't really been paying attention either.

Shrugging it off, the Arithmancy Professor approached the desk cautiously and picked up the notebook. Opening it to the first page, she blinked at the words that filled it. And before she could help herself, a single teardrop rolled down her cheek and onto the page. Breathing suddenly became work.