View Single Post
Old 01-27-2012, 09:27 PM   #188 (permalink)
Ladybug

Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Enya Mayberry
Fourth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Bradley "Brad" Wills.
Accidents & Catastrophes
Workaholic || HOGwart | iloveyou. || SnowQueenEviee.

Thank You Maura.

The days till the first class came and went quickly for everyone; even those that were not competing were feeling nervous for those that were. I was feeling nervous for my friends that were competing; not for Draco, however. He had caused me and my friends so much trouble over the years that I really couldn't care that much about him. Sighing, I closed the large bound book I had been reading and placed it on the redwood table beside the sofa I was perched on. It was late at night, and I was sitting in front of the roaring fire in the common room. Not many people were still up, and for that I was glad. I should have been happy, I know, but I wasn't. Something was bugging me – eating away at me – and I was hopeless at figuring it out. All I knew was that something bad was going to happen soon; I suspected in the games.

Shaking my head, and the thoughts away with it, I rubbed the exhaustion from my eyes and stood up, yawning and stretching my arms. I should probably get some sleep, I thought. I knew tomorrow was going to be a busy day: The last day of normalcy before the games. Friday, to be exact. I was both excited and scared. Now, however, my bed welcomed me and I went willingly to it.

The next morning, the sun shone brightly and I was woken by a loud bang that came from somewhere on my right. Groaning, I turned to my side to find the source: my friend and best mate Seamus was jumping on his left foot as he held his right in his hands. He hopped around the stone floor muttering curse words to himself as I watched, and I couldn't help but laugh.

“What have you done mate?” I asked him, pushing myself into a sitting position in bed. Seamus turned at my voice and gingerly placed his foot on the floor once more.

“Sorry if I woke you mate, dropped my book on my foot...” He bent to pick it up from the floor and threw it at me as I tried and failed to hold in the laughter. Dodging the book, I bent over, holding my sides as I continued to laugh. “It's not funny!” Seamus cried. I nodded and wiped the tears from my eyes.

“Of course, sorry mate, but how on earth did you manage that?” I asked catching my breath. Seamus began to explain how he had woken up early and started reading before deciding to change and go to breakfast without waking anyone up. I sat down on the side of my bed again and looked around the room. More people were groaning and shifting in the beds indicated they too were slowly waking up. It was a Sunday after all; no one likes being woken up this early on a Sunday.

“...and then the book just slipped from my fingers and fell onto my foot!” Seamus was telling me as I focused my attention back on him.

“Nothing just slips from your hands and falls you know…” I told him, going in search for some new clothes. Seamus did the same as Neville sat up in bed.

“It does, we are wizards, anything can happen!” Seamus insisted.

“You probably just imagined that something happened, you probably dropped the book,” I tried telling him, but Seamus was shaking his head vigorously.
“No, someone made it move, I had a firm grip on the thing..” he insisted. I sighed as I pulled some jeans and a top on.

“What are you on about?” I heard Harry ask from the other side of the room as he stood up from bed; turning my head, I watched him stretch.

“Seamus thinks someone's making his books fly across the room,” I told him, rolling my eyes.

“I never said making them fly, besides my book fell onto my foot!” Seamus cried, and again I rolled my eyes.

“You’re tired mate, what time did you get to bed last night?” I asked him, pulling on my shoes.

“Earlier then you, that's for sure. What time did you finish that book of yours last night?” I heard Seamus ask; I shrugged and hazarded a guess.

“I dunno, midnight. I couldn't sleep…” At last I was ready for the day. I sat back on my bed as Seamus, too, put on his shoes and Harry pulled on a jumper. As for Neville? He was still sitting in bed, looking green in the face.

“You all right Neville?” I called across the room, making him jump; he looked my way but said nothing. In the end he nodded and pulled the covers off himself and stumbled out of bed.

“Yeah..” He sounded half hearted about his answer however; I figured I had a fair guess as to what he was thinking.

“You'll do fine mate, you’re a hero, never forget that,” I reassured him. Neville smiled at me—a smile which I returned—but I couldn't shake the feeling he had a good reason to be afraid, something wasn't right. “Anyway, I'm starved let's go to breakfast!” Jumping up from bed, I walked towards the door and Seamus followed with Harry. Stopping at the door I turned to Neville, “You coming mate?” I asked.

“I'll be down in a minute,” He responded with a nod.

“I was NOT imagining it when I said someone made my book fall!” Seamus cried as we left the dormitory. So he was still on that. I hit him mockingly around the back of the head and said;

“Give it up mate, you were dreaming...” With a laugh I ran down the steps and into the slowly filling common room below.

___________________Look Who's Back.
Beware.