View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 03:34 AM   #47 (permalink)
FireboltAvis88
Banned
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Cristoffer Daniel Strand
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Jackson McQueen
Magical Law Enforcement

x12 x12
There's some good in this world and it's worth fighting for| LOTR|Whovian|Sherlock Fan

I've watched Deathly Hallow II twice and I still cry at the moment when Prof. Snape dies and as he's dying, he's begging Harry to take his tears so that he (Harry) can see for himself , how much he (Snape) loved his mother and that he was in fact protecting Harry all along. That he in fact was upset with Dumbledore for keeping secrets from Harry especially about the part that Harry was actually one of Voldemort's Horcruxes.
I also liked the fact that the changed the sequence and location where Snape died. In the book it was before the Battle of Hogwarts.

All in all I didn't expect that the film would cover every aspect of the book. Yes despite the fact that they had split the book into 2 movie parts, there was still a lot that was left out. Dumbledore's family history for reason, that only JK Rowling and David Heyman knows, was left out entirely. There's only a small mention of it when the trio meet Aberforth Dumbledore for the first time.

Which leads to the 2nd Horcrux. They never showed how Regulus Black found and sacrificed himself to find it. In the book, it was told through Kreacher's recollections of the events.

Then of course there is no mention that with Harry's ultimate sacrifice where he voluntarily went to Voldemort to be killed, that when he "died" he basically cast the same protective spell that his mother unknowingly cast when she put herself in front of Harry to prevent the dark lord from killing him. That is the reason why Neville didn't die when Voldemort "killed" him. It was explained in the book but never mentioned at all in the movies.

Then the epilogue. We don't get to see Ted, Remus' and Tonks' child, the godson of Harry. In fact, there was never any mention that they got married or even had a child until the end when Harry spoke to Remus' ghost and Remus said "he will know how his parents died".

But all in all, it was still a great movie. I just wish that this wasn't the last one. We practically grew up with Harry and the rest. It will be hard to say goodbye to them. But I wish all the cast all the best in their future endeavors.
FireboltAvis88 is offline   Reply With Quote