View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 10:18 PM   #42 (permalink)
LunaticLady
Ravenclaw
Jobberknoll

Climbed & Reached 1000!

I've just come back from watching DH2 and I'm still digesting it.
First of all: It was special. I didn't cry during the movie (though I WHISH I had cried over Snape's death and Harry's almost-death), but somehow it impressed me more than possibly any other movie I've seen.

What I loved:
- Bellatrix-Hermione
- the Goblin was played well
- Neville, how they portrayed him, how Matthew played him, everything
- same goes for Luna/ Evanna
- The scene with Snape and Voldy, just before he killed Snape, great acting by both Rickman and Fiennes; I also loved how Snape said "Look at me" , but I think they should have left it at that. WE KNOW Harry's got his mother's eyes
- loved how they incorporated bits from the former movies in Snape's memory, That made me realize again, how Potter's been a part of our lives over the last ten years
- the Ron/ Hermione kiss in the Chamber of Secrets; I liked it better than the kiss in the book (and that's saying something)
- when McGonnagall made the suits of armour defend the castle, and said "I've always wanted to use that spell"
- the epilogue, especially how Ron and Draco looked in the older version (but I didn't like how Hermione didn't seem to have aged at all)
- Albus Severus was cast well, and he had a Ferret for a pet
- the RoR scene, and how Harry saved Draco on the broom; they could easily have taken that scene out, but they didn't
- the Malfoys, how they were portrayed as not really that evil, but just opportunists
- the defensive bubble thing around Hogwarts looked amazing
- I think I never appreciated before this movie how well Voldemort is played
- the Weasleys mourning Fred, that was touching
- Filch trying to clean up in the COMPLETELY DESTROYED CASTLE
- I actually liked it that Harry could hear Horcruxes, I thought it made sense
- loved that the left the lines from the book in where Snape says (in the memory) something like "You raised the boy like a pig for slaughter?"
- "of course it is happening inside your head...." that was another quote from the book about which I was glad they left it in (erm was that a sentence? ...but you know what I mean)

What I didn't like:
- when Snape called the students together in the Great Hall, I didn't understand why he would do that if he is secretely on the Order's side
- what annoyed me even more was when Harry stepped out from among the students in a school uniform; didn't he have anything better to do at that point? like looking for a Horcrux?!?
- When Harry pulled Voldemort from that tower and the both fall; Why would he do that, especially if he just almost died?! (But I like how he called him Tom)
- How long it takes until Neville finally kills the snake
- they should have shown how mean the Carrows are instead of just mentioning it
- Harry snapping the Elder Wand in two just like that
- I know this is just small detail but: I didn't like that there was snow in Hogsmeade -it's summer in the book!
- James Potter (the adult James) always annoys the heck out of me, I don't know why
- 3D!!! it's overrated

I probably forgot to mention some things.

Last edited by LunaticLady; 07-27-2011 at 10:35 AM.
LunaticLady is offline   Reply With Quote