View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 12:27 AM   #23 (permalink)
Syd

MO
Erkling

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Anna Keller

Ministry RPG Name:
Kaden L. Fuller
Minister's Office
Sardines ♥ // Nomsy, yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP_Hero View Post
For me I didn't really mind the part where Harry tells Ron and Hermione that he is giving himself up. Here's why:

These three have been friends for so long, so Harry telling them is almost like a testament to how much they love each other and Hermione and Ron just know that Harry will never really leave them. When Hermione hugs Harry I love that it lasted so long. It was so sad and awesome at the same time. About Ron not saying anything: this is also evidence of their friendship. You could tell Ron and Harry were exchanging powerful, unsaid, things between them.

I can understand what they were trying to get across with that scene, but I probably still like the book version better.
Oh my gosh, I totally agree. Although at first I thought it was sort of dumb that he told them... I get it now. I know some people don't like it because Hermione and just let him go. But really, do you think they would have been able to stop him anyway? No. They knew that his mind was made up - he was being 'noble.'

And the fact that Harry and Ron just looked at each other... it meant something. Even though Ron didn't join Harry and Hermione's hug, the same emotion was conveyed just from the look between them.

I definitely like the book version better. But the movie was okay; I get the point of it.

COURAGEOUS | RESILIENT | FIERY
everlasting companion
Syd is offline   Reply With Quote