View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 PM   #20 (permalink)
phoenix_tears
Gryffindor
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charles Fitzgerald
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Brittany DeSalle
Department of Mysteries
Heart keeper ♥ l Rawrrr ll domestïc equïne ll cherryy''

I watched Deathly Hallows last night, and I am amazed! The movie was so good, and I was/am very satisfied with it. I couldn't have imagined it better! The actors/esses definitely outdid themselves in this one. Not to mention that I watched it two hours before I turned 18 which was special, XDI liked the whole thing altogether, but I need to talk about it (), so some of the best things are:

1-GRIPHOOK!; Warwick Davis did an amazing job there, and Griphook was just as blood-thirsty, annoying and aggressive as in the book! I also kind of liked that Voldermort killed him although when I first read the book I actually thought that he was a good person goblin. Overall I loved the Gringotts break in, and the way the Dragon escaped was epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwartsHokage View Post
4) In the book, the dragon escaped from Gringotts by just blasting a hole at the top and flying through it as quickly as possible. I couldn't help but cringe when I saw that dragon struggling to get out by crawling and bumping into things. They made the action drag on too long by doing that; if they just stuck to the book and did everything quickly, then that sense of urgency, danger, and excitement would be still there.
Personally, I think it made much more sense that the dragon took some time to leave the Bank. 'Cos a dragon that's been locked up for years is likely going to find it a bit hard to stand upcrawl up actually and fly. But I do agree with you that they made the acting a bit too long.

2- HARRY, RON &HERMIONE; The three actors were amazing in every single way! I laughed when Dan said; “And when has one of our plans actually worked?” that was so true Another thing I liked was the way they were helping each other, maybe it’s because it’s the last one, but I couldn’t help but appreciate the fact that they’re really good friends and that they’re trying their best to destroy the worst Dark wizard of all time!

3-THE FUNNY MOMENTS; Haha, I loved it when the trio come out of the portrait hole with Neville and then the DA ask them if they need help and Harry answers them saying that he doesn’t know what the object is nor where they were supposed to find it. Another of the moments that made me, along with everyone else, laugh out loud was when Filch came hobbling into the Great Hall saying that students were out of bed and McGonagall replied: “They’re supposed to be out of bed you blithering idiot.”. The wit in the movie was very well placed along with the bits of romance too!

4- Snape vs McGonagall; I liked their duel very much! It was very intense and it looked like two amazingly gifted people were fighting against each other. I also liked McGonagall’s “It’s good to see you Potter” and the way Harry came out of the lines of students and faced Snape. That was cool. & unexpected! 'cos I hate Cho so much, at first I thought she's going to tell or something, but then Harry comes out and its like: SURPRISE!

5- THE KISS!; but I hated that Harry wasn’t there to witness it It was so sweet and enthusiastic, and even though I wasn’t really a Ron\Hermione shipper before, I’m glad they ended up together. I also liked the way the Horcruxes were destroyed! All the smoke and Voldermort’s face coming out.

6- THEPRINCE’STALE; ‘cos obviously it was amazing. and that was the first part that got me crying. It was really saaad! Especially when Snape went to James and Lily’s house after Voldermort killed them and hugged Lily’s dead body  that was really touching. I never thought I’d actually like Snape, or feel sorry for him. I love him now though, what he’s been through is incredible and I certainly agree with Dan on Alan’s performance, he was epic.

7- KINGS CROSS; was a very placid scene, and it was exactly as I’d imagined; so white and clean! It gives the feeling that everything is going to be alright, that it’s not yet the end. I loved it! And Harry & Dumbledore’s conversation was very calm and sweet. I also didn’t mind that they cut Dumbledore’s story out of the movie, but there should’ve been some comforting element ‘cos in part 1 we can see that Harry’s lost because he finds out that he didn’t know Dumbledore at all and there wasn’t any reference to that in part 2.

8-FOREST AGAIN(or whatever it was called); that scene got me sobbing!! It was so emotional, so perfect that I completely broke down! I love it, they made it perfectly, and it was amazing.AMAZING!

There aren’t many things I disliked about the movie, but I have to point out a few things:

1-
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogwartsHokage View Post
5) Ah yeah, that bothered me the most. The whole movie just seemed to undermine the importance of the Deathly Hallows to the entire story! I was hoping that Dumbledore would explain to Harry at King's Cross aboutwhy he didn't tell Harry about the Hallows straightaway and made the trio suffer by letting them finding things out on their own while looking for Horcruxes. Another thing: the invisibility cloak showed up ONCE -- only ONCE! That downgraded the importance of Harry's invisibility cloak even further. It would have been a lot better for me if Harry used it while walking in the forest (thus making use of the 3rd Hallow).
At least what SHOULD have happened was that Harry acknowledged that he had all 3 Hallows at some point and that he became rightfully known as the True Master of Death; it would have brought more significance to the duel between Harry and Voldemort.
EXACTLY! I hated that they didn’t point out the other hallows as much as they did the Elder Wand. It wasn’t only annoying, it lost some of the important parts that should’ve been there like the fact that Harry was the only TRUE master of the hallows!!!!

2- I absolutely hated the fact that Ron and Hermione knew that Harry was going to sacrifice himself and actually let him go! At first when Harry turned the corner and saw them sitting at the end of the stairs, I thought that he was going to wear his invisiblity cloak but when he walked to them I was all like; Wait, what? *raised eyebrows* I mean seriously?!?!?!?!?! And Ron just standing there, in the background doing .. nothing?! It just wasn’t right at all, I wish they hadn’t included that, it was pointless.

3- And at the end, when Harry KILLED Voldermort, no one did ANYTHING ! I mean, they didn’t erupt in happiness or engulf him or anything. It’s just like, yeah you killed Voldermort, good for you and for us, end of story. Really? He’d just killed the most powerful dark wizard and all the people do is, sit ? I dunno, but I didn’t like that part at all!

4- The SNAPPING of the Elder Wand was horrible. I didn’t like that he did that, it wasn’t cool, I mean you can’t just break a wand in half and throw it off a bridge!! It’s a WAND, not something you can play around with! It just seemed to me to lessen wand importance when he did that. DISLIKE.

That’s about it, oh and the Epilogue; it was good, really good! I loved it, they all aged nicely, their children were adorable and Harry was the perfect father. I also loved that glimpse of Draco and his wife! But, I wish it could’ve been a bit longer, showing us how James teased Albus, a bit of Teddy Lupin (since he was mentioned at the forest scene), Lily crying that she wanted to go to Hogwarts .. stuff like that. Nevertheless, it was good, really good, amazingly good!

Oh and NEVILLE! *tackles* He was beyond amazing, I can't even describe it! I love him, and Matt was really really good! I'm very proud of how this movie has come out, I love it!

Palm trees, Ocean breeze ..
Salt air, Sun bleached hair ..
Endless Summer; Take me there .. ♥

Last edited by phoenix_tears; 07-16-2011 at 06:50 PM.
phoenix_tears is offline   Reply With Quote