View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
basiliskfang
Slytherin
Dugbog

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Arden Brightfield
Seventh Year

I loved the movie, but there are a few things that I missed.

1) Where is Dumbledore's backstory? As that was a huge part of the book, I was sad to see they haven't covered it in the movie. But I'm happy they put a few scenes in where the viewer notices that there might've been something wrong with Dumbledore after all...but in the end it's just covered up with a "I trusted the man I know" by Harry...
2) They didn't include the conflict Hallows/Horcruxes, and they didn't explain that Harry's cloak was a Hallow, or that he was the true "Master of Death". Also it didn't show that Harry was tempted to go after the Hallows instead of the Horcruxes at one point.
3)I didn't get the scene where Voldemort and Harry fight and hunt each other durin the battle. I mean, it looked spectacular, and you got to see a lot of the beautiful castle, but it was senseless. In the book Voldemort just waited in the shack/the forest and didn't step in to the battle of Hogwarts. Of course that way they didn't have to come up with a long dialogue like they had in the great hall during Voldemort's final moments and could bring a little more spectacular stuff onto the screen...
4) A few of the deaths weren't as emotional or gratly done as I would have expected. Tonks, Lupin and Fred would've deserved a more emotional scene, and they way Bellatrix scattered, literally, wth? And Voldemort's death seemed weird to me.

Although I've made a few points I didn't like about the movie, there's tons I LOOOOOOVED!

I think it's by far my favourite movie of all of them.

The best actor in my opinion was Alan Rickman, he was just SO impressive!
I can't get the Godric's Hollow scene out of my head, at that point I started crying...so intense and emotional, greatest scene in all of the films!

If I would rate this film on a 10-scale I would give it a 8,5

Last edited by basiliskfang; 07-15-2011 at 08:12 PM.
basiliskfang is offline   Reply With Quote