View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 05:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Vampire_BaD_GiRl
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Aberly
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Isabella LaMourette
Magical Maintenance
Obsessed over Draco ♥ // Jamse's cheergirl / Photoshop addict // Team JACOB!

I saw the film today on the Israeli premiere. I'm kind of surprised that it comes out in the U.S. two days later, since usually it takes a long time after the U.S. release for a film to be available in Israel.
Anyway, the film wasn't bad. It was much better than the sixth, but still far from being as cannon as the seventh movie was. The sad scenes were really moving and well done, and I think they were the best in the whole film. However, many scenes (especially after the forbidden forest) were competely different from the book, and I can't say they were better. More "action" was added, but the best scenes from the book were non-existant/delayed and not as exciting. And Dumbledore's past isn't shown at all. The only thing that the watchers get to know is that he had a sister named Ariana and that he died in a young age. Aberforth also said that she was a stepping stone for Albus in his path to gain more power, but that's.. nothing. And it's a pity, because I liked that flashback part - it gives us a completely different view on Albus.
However, there was one thing different from the book that I really liked - the addition of Nevill/Luna. It was well-executed, and made me smile in the middle of the dark scenes.
Well, even though I just complained quite a lot about the film, it still got me so excited that I couldn't help but let my SS-nostalgia overcome me, and now I find myself back here after more than a year and a half of absence. And I'm not sorry at all! =]

I'm back after a year-and-a-halh hiatus! If anyone still remembers me.
Vampire_BaD_GiRl is offline   Reply With Quote