View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 07:00 PM   #568 (permalink)
sarahlooo

DERP & DIMC
Shrake

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Louis Bracken
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Daphne Richardson
International Cooperation

Ministry RPG Name:
Natalie McKinley
Environmental Protection

x3 x1
Sardines ♥ BHB ♥ Dallie ♥ Grumpy ♥ MY SUN AND STARS ♥ i love julia

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess of*hp* View Post
Amadeus was slightly relieved to hear that she hadn't taken his comment about her aesthetics to heart. He hadn't figured that she would, but one could never be sure, especially with Hogwarts girls.

"Keeping the goal hoops protected isn't bad, and it can be quite exhilarating when you make good saves," He began, with a shrug and a small, half-grin, "But I enjoy being a beater better. I like flying around the pitch, rather than just being confined to one area." His smile grew larger as the feeling of flying was tangible, at least to him. That was one of the few times he could let himself go from his numerous worries and stresses. Some of the most fun Amadeus had ever enjoyed had been on the quidditch pitch, especially when his friends and boyfriend were cheering him on. Amadeus's smile morphed into a smirk as he added, "Being able to take a whack at people can also be quite meditative." What could he say? He was a typical, aggressive, testosterone-fueled boy.

The blue-eyed boy sobered up as she brought up his career path, which was a bit nerve-wracking, if truth be told. However, he would never admit his fears about the future, especially to a recent acquaintance. "It's an international coorperation," He spoke nonchalantly, in a rather bored tone as he shrugged, smoothing out a wrinkle on his trouser leg. "We procure and manufacture the wands and sell them to Ollivander, Gregorovitch, and others." What he spoke of was far from day-to-day life for most wizards, but the ease in his voice suggested that it was. It was simply the manner in which he had been raised. "I'm simply lucky to have a secure job for me. I know far too many people that have no idea of what's going to happen to them after school." He had avoided the question, but only narrowly. To be honest, he wasn't sure himself if wand-making was right for him. He had been told since he had been a young child that he would grow to make his parents proud, to carry on tradition. It wasn't something that he felt too comfortable talking or even thinking about: whether his desires coincided with those that his family deemed to be proper and respectable. Amadeus had to hold back from sighing in relief as she spoke of her own ideas.

"Being different..." He chuckled, "Don't we all desire that." A moment of silence passed before Deus spoke up again, prompting another answer from the fourth year. "Well, what are your interests? Is there any hobby of yours that could earn you a decent living?"
Watching Amadeus talk about quidditch was like watching a kid get his favorite toy on Christmas morning. His eyes practically sparkled. If Ellie had to play quidditch, she would choose to be keeper over anything else. Less chance of breaking a nose or loosing some teeth. She wasn't really into the whole pain thing. "Plus, playing good defense makes you look like a hero when you block shots." Ellie added about being a keeper. Ellie snorted when he mentioned loving beating people up. Well, those weren't his exact words, but that's how Ellie's brain translated it. "Some how meditative and 'a good whack' don't mesh well in my brain." She said with a laugh. "I don't know maybe I'm just a softie." [s]Pff, softie? She got in a fight!"[/b] But, of course, she didn't tell Deus that. No need to make such a first impression.

He sounded bored when he was talking about his future job. He didn't neccessarily sound excited about it, but she didn't press it any further. It must have been nice to know for sure what you were going to do in the future, because once you graduated... BOOM! You needed a job. Amadeus was lucky indeed. But he didn't seem to keen to talking about his future job, so all she said was, "You are lucky. Because I'm one of those people who has no idea what the future is going to be like for me." She said with a laugh, lightening the tense mood.

Ellie sighed heavily and leaned back into the couch. What where her interests and hobbies? She pondered for a moment. "Playing the piano is my passion. Along with painting. I could paint and play the piano for the rest of my life and be perfectly happy." Ellie told him, her blue eyes sparkling. She sighed again, and her smile faded. "The problem is... it's hard to make a living by just painting petty pictures and writing songs." Ellie twiddled with the snake ring on her middle finger. "Not to mention my desire to travel the world for inspiration..." She would have to marry Mr. Moneybags to support her in all she wanted to do. She laughed a little and looked up at him. "That all sounds so corny, doesn't it? Ellie, traveling the world to paint and play the piano... I don't know, that's just me." She told him with a shrug. It was truth, that was Ellie. She was someone that always liked doing something, going from place to place. She always tapped her foot or her pen; she couldn't sit still.

JanuaryNatalieEvangelinePiersonLouise