View Single Post
Old 01-10-2010, 12:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
veggie_potter
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Guenevere 'Gwen' Olivia White
Graduated
quill The Nineteenth Year - Sa13+
♫ Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts ♫ | That makes me your Mama. | I'm Team Dumbledore! ♥

This fan-fiction follows the first year of several Hogwarts students, 19 years after the fall of Lord Voldemort. You get to see Albus, James, Rose, and Scorpius, as well as characters I have created (Clementine, Viktorya, Gordon, Dane, etc...). Its basically a continuation of JKR's Deathly Hallows Epilogue, but in a different characters point of view. Hope you enjoy!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This fan fiction has also been posted to fanfiction.net.
It's long, I know, but totally worth the read, I promise! I've been working on this fan fiction for a while, and I've finally decided to put it up for someone besides myself to read. This is my first attempt at writing a fan fiction. Its still in the process of being written. I'll be posting chapter by chapter. Finally, I do use characters that JKR has created, and I also use my own.

Chapter Guide (Fic now complete):

Chapter 1: Nineteen Years Later
Chapter 2: The New Beginning
Chapter 3: Sorting Surprises
Chapter 4: The Common Rooms
Chapter 5: The Dubious Duo
Chapter 6: A Very Hairy Affair
Chapter 7: The Giant Assistant
Chapter 8: The Wretched Weekend
Chapter 9: The Quidditch Queue
Chapter 10: The Nighttime Promenade
Chapter 11: The Winter Woes Part 1
Chapter 11: The Winter Woes Part 2
Chapter 12: The Detention Shack
Chapter 13: Tobias Snape, Jr.
Chapter 14: The Potter Problem
Chapter 15: The Slithering Surprise
Chapter 16: Rival Amends
Chapter 17: Ludomamie
Chapter 18: The Queer Query
Chapter 19: At it Again
Chapter 20: Year's End

The Nineteenth Year

By Stefanie White

Chapter 1: Nineteen Years Later

Nineteen years it has been, and Emma’s children couldn’t be more excited to join the legendary Harry Potter’s children for their first year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. She was sad to send them off, but she had one more child to keep her company until their return. Her other son was returning to Hogwarts as a third year student.

Emma told her children, over and over again, the story of how the evil Lord Voldemort was defeated by Harry Potter, nineteen years previously. Emma and Ginny got along well at Hogwarts, perhaps even best friends during her first two years. They began drifting after that, but ever since the Battle of Hogwarts nineteen years ago, they have been terrific family friends, and it has been a treat to get to know the rest of the Potter family, and, not to mention, the Weasley family.

Clementine and Viktorya were twins. Clementine had much more funk than her sister. She liked to joke and play pranks, and was very adventurous. To further her uniqueness, she had brilliant green eyes, and color-changing hair, which was currently bright turquoise. Viktorya, on the other hand, was always a little more quiet and much more serious. She loved to learn and was keen to share her knowledge with anybody who showed interest. She had bright blue eyes and long flowing red hair.

As the Hogwarts Express took off with her children for a magical first year at Hogwarts, Emma’s eyes glistened with tears while she remembered her first year at the wondrous castle.

Viktorya was so excited to be going to Hogwarts, that she arrived at Kings Cross fully dressed in the required school robes. She had many curious eyes on her while she made her way to Platform 9 ¾, but she did not care. She was anxious too. Viktorya had always dreamed of being in Ravenclaw, but only very few of her relatives had been in the house. Her mother had been in Gryffindor, and although she told grand stories of the house, Viktorya had been keen to be around the wise ones. She only had a slight chance at becoming a Ravenclaw, so she put all her thoughts into becoming one. Her brother, Torr, who was a third year student, had been placed into Gryffindor. Her twin sister, Clementine, who was keen to join Gryffindor, had almost convinced Viktorya that she would not be placed into Ravenclaw. She had argued that only one relative had ever made it into Ravenclaw. Their father was no help, for he was a Muggle, and had left the family for good when their last sibling, Aden, came into being. Nevertheless, Viktorya was determined to make it into the house she wanted.

The train was whistling humbly as it traveled through the vast plains. Clementine joined her sister in an empty compartment. They began having a long discussion on what their favorite class would be at Hogwarts.

“Oh, charms will easily be my favorite. I just can’t wait to learn all of the cool spells to do everyday things!” said Viktorya happily.

“I think I’ll enjoy Defense Against the Darks Arts most, especially since Voldemort has died,” explained Clementine. “Ever since his defeat, Hogwarts has had the pleasure of finally having a permanent professor. Torr goes on, non-stop, about him.”

At that particular moment a scrawny looking boy, with jet-black hair and bright green eyes made his way into the compartment, closely followed by a girl who slightly resembled a very cute chipmunk.

“Albus! Rose!” cried Clementine, while Viktorya beamed.

Albus Severus Potter and Clementine Olivia Higter had grown up very close, while Viktorya Minerva Higter was closer to Rose Weasley, who was smart and was very keen on learning as well. Nonetheless, Albus and Rose were first years too, and they anticipated the sorting as much as the twins.

“Come on in and sit with us, Albus and Rose, we’ve just been discussing what our favorite classes might be!” exclaimed Viktorya.

“Oh, I don’t know if I can talk about that at the moment, I am much to nervous about the sorting. I really don’t want to be in Slytherin, but there is a chance I could be put into it,” said Albus sadly.

Rose nodded in agreement.

“I wouldn’t worry too much about that Albus. I am sure you’ll be put into Gryffindor! Your mother and father were both in Gryffindor, as were their parents! And you are named after one of the greatest Gryffindor’s there ever was, Albus Dumbledore!” said Clementine, trying to cheer him up.

“Yes, but I am also named after one of the most notorious Slytherin, too,” he said under his breath. Rose gently patted him on the shoulder as if to comfort him.

Neither of the twins seemed to have heard this, because at the precise moment, Albus’s older brother, James, and Viktorya and Clementine’s older brother, Torr, both clambered into their compartment.

“Oi sis, scared much?” laughed Torr, after seeing their faces.

“Not as much as Albus and Viktorya here,” said Clementine, nodding toward the window where they sat.

“I am not scared!” said Viktorya, defiantly.

“Nor am I, just a bit worried,” replied Albus, though he didn’t seem to convince anyone in the compartment.

“What’s there to be worried about little brother?” said James. “ Still worried about being a Slytherin? Well, we all know that there is no chance you would ever be put into that slime-ball of a house, huh, Torr?”

“But you were the one antagonizing me about it! How can you be sure it won’t happen,” cried Albus, desperately.

Torr cut across Albus. “You’re neither ambitious nor cunning! You are brave and loyal, which are the characteristics that make up a true Gryffindor! Don’t worry, my friend, trust me! Hmmm, actually, you might want to reconsider trusting me,” he added with a wink.

“You see, Albus, there is nothing to be worried about!” exclaimed Rose as she happily patted his back again.

James aimed another kick at his younger brother before he and Torr left swiftly as several giggly second-year girls went by.

“Feel better, Albus?” asked Clementine, who seemed oblivious to James attack.

“I guess.”

The day went on, hours went by. The plump little trolley witch stopped by, and they decided on some cauldron cakes and pumpkin juice to help with their nerves. Darkness settled in, and the night sky was looking magnificent. The Hogwarts Express conductor told the passengers that they would be arriving at the Hogsmeade station in five minutes sharp. Clementine and Albus didn’t have their robes on yet, so they hurriedly put them on. Rose had already been dressed at Kings Cross, along with Viktorya. Torr and James stopped by one more time to wish them good luck, and to remind them that they wouldn’t be following them to the castle because first years had their own special way of being introduced.

“Don’t get eaten by the scary creatures on your way up, though” exclaimed James, while Torr roared with laughter, waving them good-bye.

__________________________________________________ ________
Thanks for reading! I hope you enjoy! Next part coming very soon! Have a beautiful day!

Last edited by veggie_potter; 05-26-2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Added Chapter Guide