View Single Post
Old 01-18-2010, 09:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
veggie_potter
Gryffindor
Jarvey

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Guenevere 'Gwen' Olivia White
Graduated
Gryffindor
♫ Gotta Get Back to Hogwarts ♫ | That makes me your Mama. | I'm Team Dumbledore! ♥

Here is chapter 8! Thank you all for reading! Enjoy!
__________________________________________________ ______________

Chapter 8: The Wretched Weekend

They walked back up to the castle, enjoying the handsome sunset casting bright rays of sunlight across the grounds. They got into the Entrance Hall, but turned back around immediately at the sound of fluttering wings. An owl was flying toward them. Albus ran outside before it could come in. A roll of parchment was attached to its leg. Albus pulled it off, and let the bird go. They ran back to the Gryffindor table and sat, even Viktorya, who Clementine told about the owl that was sent regarding the attacks.

“Oh no…” said Albus, and Clementine snatched the parchment out of his hand.

Dear Albus and Rose,

Do not share this with anyone but those within your circle, because if the ministry finds out we’ve spoken to someone about it, we could lose our jobs. The attacks that have happened are real, and sadly yes, werewolves were involved. It’s unfortunate that I have to be the one to inform the twins that their mother has been seriously injured and that she has been taken to St. Mungo’s for treatment Staff there have been working around the clock to help her, which is why the girls haven’t received word about their mother. Their younger brother, Aden, has been taken to their Aunt Lilith’s home for the meantime. Please let the Higter’s know that whatever happens, they are always welcome to stay with us. Hope your first week back was good, despite what is happening outside of school. Keep safe, and we’ll update you as soon as we can.

Love always,

Harry & Ron

Clementine just stared. Noticing that her eyes were swelling with tears, she reread the letter to make sure she perfectly understood before she cried. Viktorya had been reading it next to her. She had silent tears rolling down her face. Gordon came over to see what was going on. He put his hand on Viktorya’s shoulder.

“Come with me,” he said softly into her ear. Viktorya put an arm around her sister and squeezed, then let go. She got up and left with Gordon.

“I am so, so very sorry,” Albus said. Rose said nothing, but she too had tears rolling down her cheeks.

“Can I keep this,” asked Clementine, in a very clear, sturdy voice that did not match how she felt inside. Albus looked taken aback.

“Of… Of course… But wait… Where are you going,” he said standing up as she left the table.

“I have to be by myself for a little bit,” she replied and left the Great Hall.

Clementine ran up the Grand Staircase. Why are there so many stairs, she asked herself. What seemed like days later, she reached the common room. The Fat Lady let her in without a password, evidently noting how upset she was. Inside, Clementine saw Torr, who had not yet realized his mother’s state.

“Torr,” sobbed Clementine, as she rushed toward him and held onto him tight. Her tears had not yet fallen.

“Clem, what is it, what’s wrong,” he stammered, bewildered at his sister’s behavior.

“It’s mum. She was attacked. I knew it. I knew it when we never got a letter from her. It was werewolves, Torr, werewolves! It was a full moon the day we left, do you remember?” she was grabbing the front of his robes and shaking him, as if he could answer her differently.

“Mum… werewolves… What?” asked Torr, obviously not understanding properly.

“She’s in St. Mungo’s, the healers have been working on her ever since she was attacked. Its bad, Torr, it’s really bad! Aden has been stuck with Aunt Lilith.” She let go of him, and then cleared her throat. “Where’s James?”

“I… what? James? Why what’s up with him? What’s he got to do with it,” asked Torr, utterly dumbfounded.

“Where is he,” Clementine demanded.

“Upstairs in the dormitory, I think,” he replied, and before he could say anything else, Clementine raced up the stone steps to the boys dormitory, found the third years room, and without knocking, she barged into it. James jolted.

“Oh, Clementine, you gave me a fright,” he started with a chuckle; he was going to say more, but by the look on Clementine’s face, he knew it wasn’t time for a joke. “Wait, Clem. What’s wrong, are you okay. What’s that in your hand?” He indicated the letter.

He reached out his hand to take it, while also grabbing hers and guided her to his bed with him. He sat her down next to him while also reading the letter. When he had finished he looked at her with his big brown eyes. Clementine couldn’t contain herself anymore. She burst into tears. James laid his soft hand on the side of her head, and motioned her to cry on his shoulder.

“It’ll be okay. They said they are working on her, I’m sure she’ll be okay,” he said.

“I don’t know what to do. It’s my first year here, after wanting to come here for so long. Why did this have to happen my first week here?” She sobbed even harder. James put his arm around her and rubbed the side of her arm. “And now my younger brother is with Aunt Lilith. That’s the worst person he could have ended up with! She’s completely horrible! Oh, James, I don’t know what to do!”

James wiped the tears off of her face. “Look, I’m sure Professor McGonagall will give you, Vikki, and Torr special permission to leave the school for the weekend.”

“You really think so,” she said, looking up at him.

“I’m positive,” he said.

She put her head back on his shoulder. She was happy the dormitory was empty. When she barged in, she didn’t care if anyone else was in here or not.

“Thanks, James.” He didn’t say anything. He suddenly kissed the top of her head. She looked up at him, surprised.

“Sorry,” he said, looking embarrassed. She smiled, and then she put her head back down.

“Actually,” he said, “I’m not sorry.” He placed his hand on her chin and moved her face toward his, and he kissed her on the lips. Clementine was completely taken aback, but kissed back. After a short few moments, she retreated.

“James,” she started, but James cut in.

“I understand,” he said, blushing scarlet.

“No, just listen. I can’t be with you. I’m too young, first of all. I’m a complete wreck at the moment. Plus, you’re my best friends brother, and my brothers best friend,” she finished.

“I know,” he said. He even looked close to tears now too.

“Look, I am willing to put this passed us, if you can. I’m interested, James, I am. But now is not the right time. Just, stay girlfriend-free, will you,” she added, with a watery smile.

“Yeah, okay.”

Clementine got up to leave. She opened the door, but turned around. James was still sitting on his bed, bright red in his face.

“James,” she said. He looked up at her. “Thanks, for everything.” He simply nodded. She left the room.

Clementine didn’t sleep well that night. Professor McGonagall had come to the common room personally to grant Clementine, Torr, and Viktorya special permission to leave the school for the weekend. Harry had allegedly sent her an owl as soon as he sent the one for the kids. They would be transferring from Hogwarts to St. Mungo’s directly, and they would be staying there until Sunday night, where they would return by floo powder.

The weekend flew by for Albus and Rose. It was Sunday night, and they were heading to the Great Hall for dinner. They decided to go for a detour and passed the headmistress’ office- they might run into Clementine. They turned the corner, and were walking toward the office when they heard someone.

“Oi, Potter!”

Albus turned around. He was face to face with Scorpius Malfoy and Blake Snape. Curiosity welled up back inside Albus about who Snape was. Albus rolled his eyes at the two, turned back around, and marched off toward the office. Hardly without two seconds notice, Rose turned around, and bellowed “Protego!” The spell wasn’t that powerful because they only just learned it in their Defense Against the Dark Arts class, but it blocked Snape’s jinx decently. Malfoy and Snape ran off before anyone could be attracted to the scene. Turning back to face the office again, they walked passed it, accepting that Clementine had not come back yet. Just as they passed it, however, the stone statue guarding the office leaped to the side, and out came Clementine, Torr, Viktorya and Professor McGonagall.

“Albus! Rose!”

Clementine rushed forward to hug them. Torr and Viktorya joined in too, and they all broke apart.

“To dinner; shall we,” said Professor McGonagall, and they all followed her down to the Great Hall.

“So, how is everything,” asked Albus, apprehensively, as they sat down at the Gryffindor table. Torr had run off to be with James, Viktorya with Gordon. Torr sat across from James. James looked down the table at Clementine, smiled, and then turned back to the roasted vegetables he was eating, and listened to Torr.

“It’s okay,” she replied, somewhat solemnly. “Mums not in the best shape. She was covered in bandages when we got there. Her face was pretty beat up too. It’s a miracle she is still alive and able to talk, really.”
Rose and Albus were listening intently.

“If she lives, will she be a werewolf,” Rose asked, concerned.

“That is what the healers told us. But I’m not more worried about that. That’s why there is the Wolfsbane Potion. I am sure as long as she is healing in the hospital, they’ll be giving her that.”

Albus and Rose looked shocked.

“So, she is going to be in the hospital that long then?” asked Albus.

“Yes, unfortunately. I’m going to have to spend my breaks with my evil Aunt Lilith. It’s going to be horrible.”

“What’s so bad about her,” asked Albus.

“Well, she is a squib. She was forced to go to Muggle School, and do Muggle things, even though she really wanted to be apart of the magical community. Because of that, she is foul to anyone associated with the wizarding world. She knows that all of her sister’s kids are wizards, so she is going to be downright unpleasant,” she finished. She loaded a lot of food on her plate. Particularly, mashed potatoes, which she seemed to be wolfing down. She took a large swig of pumpkin juice, and then continued.

“I feel so bad for Aden right now. He has to be having a hard time. He looked so miserable when I saw him at St. Mungo’s. Actually, I was quite surprised to see him, I thought that Aunt Lilith was sure to force him not to come,” she finished.

Albus looked at her for a few minutes, and then he spoke.

“Clem, my father wrote in that letter that he would be willing to take you guys in.”

Clementine considered him for a moment. “Yes, I know,” she replied. “But four more children moving into your home… I don’t think that is a good idea, and I don’t want us to intrude. That would add up to nine people in your house, and yes, I know you guys have the room,” she added at the look on Albus’s face, “But I just couldn’t do that to your mum and dad. I am sure Vikki, Torr, and Aden feel the same way.”

“What about my house,” Rose interjected. “We only have four others, including myself, and we definitely have enough room. I’m sure my mum and dad wouldn’t mind.”

“No, really,” Clementine started, but Albus interrupted.

“Look, Clem, you can’t go to your Aunts if she is that horrible. You just can’t. How about you stay with us over break, and you can see how it feels. I can have dad transfer Aden there really soon. You don’t have to live there, you can just spend break there until we figure out what else to do.”

Clementine just nodded in agreement, as she fiddled with the rest of the potatoes on her plate. She didn’t know what else to say, and didn’t want to argue further. They finished their food and made to leave. Before they did though, Viktorya rushed up to her sister.

“Hey Clem, can I talk to you for a second,” she asked.

“Yeah,” and she looked at Albus and Rose and said, “I’ll be right back.”

They waited for her.

“What is it Vik,” she said.

“Well, I was talking to Gordon. He wrote to his parents yesterday, and they said they wouldn’t mind letting us stay. He’s an only child, and they have plenty of room in their home. They live in London.”

“Oh,” said Clementine, who was secretly hoping to spend some time with the Potter’s, “Well, Rose and Albus said both of their parents are willing to let us stay too.” She looked into her sisters blue eyes.

Viktorya nodded, and said, “That would be amazing. Yes. I will go and tell Gordon that we’ll be staying elsewhere.” She looked slightly saddened. “Do you think you could ask if it would be okay if Gordon spent some time with us there, too. Not to stay but for a couple of days out of the break,” she asked.

“Yes, I’ll ask.” Viktorya left. Clementine rejoined Albus and Rose and told them what she said. When they reached the common room, they decided it was time to sleep.

__________________________________________________ ____________
Again, thanks for reading! Have a great MLK day, and don't forget tolerance and respect for all people!