Thread: Other: My Life Flipped - Sa16+
View Single Post
Old 11-14-2010, 11:42 PM   #10 (permalink)
z999993
Gryffindor
Imp

Matt Lanter/The Dark Side/Anakin Skywalker/ Underland/Hookah Smoking Caterpillar

Sorry I've been kinda busy! Here's the next part!

The snow began to fall more heavily. Emily and I trudged through it, trying to find at least a speck of our friends red hair. The marauders went in a different direction. After about twenty minutes, we all met back in the Three Broomsticks.
“No sight of her?” Emily looked desperately at James’s face.
“No.” he shook his head. Snow fell out of his ruffled black hair.
“Aw, come on Prongs, Evans can look after herself.” Sirius said.
“Yeah, you’re right.” He tried to smile, “She probably went back to the common room or something.”
“That’s the spirit, here have another butterbeer.” Sirius threw some coins to the bar tender and handed James the drink.
“Thanks, Padfoot.” he forced a smile.
We stood there in silence. After about a minute I spoke up.
“I’m getting cold. I think I’m gonna head back to the dormitory.” I said tightening my scarf and pushing my bangs out of my eyes.
“Yeah me too.” Emily muttered.

“”Lily!” Emily ran over to our friend. Lily was curled up on the couch. She had a book in her hand, but she was staring at the fire. She jumped when she heard Emily’s voice.
“What happened to you? Why you’d leave?” She asked taking off her jacket, scarf, and gloves.
“Wasn’t feeling well.” she muttered, averting her eyes.
“Lily, you’ve always been a terrible liar. It’s James isn’t it.” Emily crossed her arms, like she always did when she was determined to get answers.
A smile flickered across Lily’s face, but slowly she nodded.
“Everyone knows James is an obnoxious idiot but-”
“But nothing. He’s a bully! What is with him!” she said suddenly, cutting Emily off. The book fell from her hands as she stood up, “Why does he keep hexing every person he passes, especially if they’re younger than him or in Slytherin?!”
“Lily calm down.” I said. I tried to put a hand on her shoulder but she shook it off.
“And with Severus, why can’t he just give him a break? Potter’s such a jerk!”
“Why don’t you ask him?” I said nodding toward the Fat Lady’s portrait.
Lily spun around, surprised. The marauders were coming through the portrait. Their faces had traces of smiles on them but they faded when they heard Lily called James a jerk.
“I- uh--” Lily looked sick.
“Blimey, Evans.” James muttered.
“Good luck, mate.” said Sirius grinning, “You’re on your own this time.” He backed out of the common room. Remus and Peter followed suit.
“We should go as well.” Emily pulled me through the portrait of the Fat Lady.
“No,” Lily called after us but the portrait already closed.

“I think someone should have stayed with them,” said Remus, smiling, “Lily looked like she wanted to curse him.”
We walked down a random corridor. Some of the portraits stopped what they were doing to look at us.
“Prongs’ll be fine.” said Sirius, grinning back.
“You better hope.” I laughed.
“She can be pretty mean when she wants to.” added Emily.
“We’ll see if James is still in one piece later.” Remus said.
Sirius leaned against the wall of the deserted corridor. We all stopped and stood there, telling jokes and laughing. Since it was only three thirty, most of the students above their third year were at Hogsmeade.
Ten minutes later we heard footsteps coming near us. James rounded the corner. He held a large piece of folded parchment in one hand and his wand in the other. A smile was spread across his face.
“That was interesting.” he said.
“What happened?” Emily and I said in unison.
“She yelled at me... most of the time.” he said.
“Most of the time?” put in Remus.
“She shot a few hexes at me, of coarse.” He said casually.
“What’d you do?”
“Well, I wasn’t going to fight back, if thats what your imploring.” He said, “I’m not mean like that.”
Emily raised an eyebrow. James seemed to notice this.
“I’m hurt.” he said dramatically.
We started laughing.
“We should check on Lily.” I said after a minute.
“Yeah, see you later.” She said to everyone.
“Hey guys,” James turned to his friends. “Snivellus is in the Library and nobody’s around.” He tapped the parchment.
I didn’t hear what their reply was. Emily steered me back in the direction of the common room. Lily wasn’t on the couch where we left her. We climbed up the steps to the dormitory. Lily was lying on her back on her bed.
“You ok?” I asked.
“Yeah,” she muttered. She turned over to prop up on her elbow.
“I’m sorry I yelled.” she said. Her eyes were red. She’d been crying.
Emily sat down on the edge of the mattress.
“You sure?”
Lily nodded.
“Good.” Emily smiled, “I have a chess set somewhere, my dad gave it to me a few years ago. Wanna play?” Even as she said this she was already looking through her chest.
“Sure.” said Lily. I patted her hand and we sat down on the floor.

Ok, As usual send in your replies!