View Single Post
Old 10-27-2010, 12:59 PM   #18 (permalink)
3uzz3ee
Slytherin
SS Vaulter
Firecrab

I took over the watch at midnight- the whole day consisting of silence and the eating of a Christmas dinner. It was snowing, blocking out the stars. Hermione joined me after a while, seeing the worry on my face. We both heard something- or someone- moving round in the snow. I frowned, punching the snow in front of me, I couldn’t hear any thoughts apart from those in the tent and I hadn’t seen anything in forever.

We packed up early, disapparating under the cloak to the Forest of Dean. I helped Hermione unpack while the boys made our small clearing safe. As soon as the tent was up, we pulled on every jumper we own. Hermione conjured up the bluebell flames like she used to at Hogwarts- it made me feel a pang of home sickness- and scooped them into the jars I’d conjured so we could stay warm. Harry took watch during the night, letting us sleep.

The next thing I knew, Harry was shaking my shoulder roughly.

Alicia!” He said, some sort of emotion in his voice.

What?” I murmured as I rubbed my eyes. “Are we being attacked?” I asked as Harry woke Jamie and then Hermione.

No-” He started and I swore.

Leave me alone then” I said, planning to lay down and return to my dream. Someone chuckled quietly and I scowled in the direction of the noise, still half asleep.

Everything’s fine- more than fine... I’m great” Harry said as I sighed and rolled out of bed. I headed towards the kettle, shaking my bright orange hair out of my face.

So why have you got us all up then?” Jamie moaned as my foot caught the edge of the carpet. Someone caught me before I could hit the floor. I frowned. They were soaking wet and felt icy cold. I looked up and gasped, suddenly wide awake.

Alicia?” Jamie’s voice was suddenly sharp as he scrambled out of bed, pushing his hair out of his eyes.

I’m... Fine...” I said faintly. I raised my hand to the new- comers cheek slowly. “I think...

What do you mean? Oh- ” He said, lighting the lamps with a wave of his wand. Hermione slipped off the bed and moved forwards slowly, exactly like a sleepwalker. Jamie’s hands appeared on my shoulders, pulling me backwards, my eyes unmoving from the face that had just starred in my dream, again.

Hermione’s reaction matched the one running through Jamie’s head. It took a shield charm and me diving at her to stop the attack. I looked at Jamie as I got to my feet, waiting for him to start his attack.

Enough, Hermione!” I said, my eyes still on Jamie’s face. I was on one side of the invisible wall while Ron was on the other, explaining what had happened to him once he had left.

A gang of what?” Jamie’s voice was cold as Hermione pushed herself away from me and into a chair. Harry dropped the shield charm and I went to take Jamie’s hand, committing the sound of Ron’s voice to my memory, not listening to his explanation.

I Know You Don't Believe Me, But The Way I, Way I See It,
Next Time You
Point A Finger, I Might Have To Bend It Back,
Or Break It, Break It Off...
Next Time You Point A Finger, I'll Point You To The
Mirror