Thread: Romance: I Never Knew - Sa13+
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2010, 05:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Come What May
Gryffindor
Billywig

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Jacqueline Marie Granger
Sixth Year
Run, Emma, Run!

Chapter two my lovely readers!
I know it's a little late but it's finally up!

Chapter Two: The Truth

“Hermione come on” Harry sighed as he tugged on Hermione’s sweater. “It’s been over four hours. Jacqueline has already settled in and everything!”

“Harry stop!” Hermione whined. “I’m just not ready!”

“Why not? She’s your sister for crying out loud” Harry said. “Fine stay here and be a rude sister. I, on the other hand, am going to go and talk to her and become her friend…maybe even more than that.”

Hermione’s head shot up from her pillow just in time to watch Harry wink and walk out the door.

“Potter you stay away from my sister!” Hermione snapped, jumping off her bed and running after him.

“Awe Mione come on! She’s beautiful! And I’m the chosen one, which means that she could be my chosen girl.”

“Harry you sound ridiculous” Hermione said rolling her eyes.

“Someone sounds jealous” Harry smirked.

Hermione was just about to smack Harry on the head when Jacqueline opened her door right down the hall. She had changed into different clothes. She was now wearing jeans with a purple top and her hair was up in a messy pony tail.

“I’m sorry I don’t mean to interrupt but can you keep it down just a little?” Jacqueline asked quietly. She looked upset.

“I’m sorry Jackie” Hermione said. “We were on our way to give you some company but Harry stinking Potter over here loves to make a dramatic entrance.”

Jacqueline smiled, “It’s okay Hermione. I’m sure Harry has his reasons. I mean it’s not every day a guy talks about how pretty I am right in front of my door. Come on in.”

Jacqueline walked away from the door to allow Hermione and Harry to walk in. Jackie had settled in already and she had a mess of textbooks on her bed.

“I read a lot” Jackie blushed as she picked up her books to make room for them to sit.

“So does Hermione” Harry said. “But don’t worry once you come to Hogwarts and hang with Ron and I you won’t have much time for books.”

“Really now?” Jacqueline laughed. “I’m sorry but my studies come first. Back in France our Headmistress would make us have at least 6 to 9 hours of studying per week. I’ve gotten use to it, which is why I read so much.”

Hermione watched as Jacqueline set her books down upon a desk.

“Say Jackie?”

“Yes Hermione?”

Hermione stood up and walked over to the window. There was something her sister wasn’t telling her. There was something strange about her parents deciding to bring Jacqueline home after sixteen years. And how in the world did Dumbledore get involved? He usually only got involved in Harry’s life…

“You were forced to come home weren’t you?”

Jacqueline looked at Hermione and then whispered, “I’m not allowed to talk about it.”

“Why not?” Hermione demanded. “Did Dumbledore tell you not to tell anyone? Is he making you keep it to yourself until something happens?”

Jacqueline remained silent.

“Mione what’s going on?” Harry asked.

“Harry don’t you see? Jacqueline is involved in something that has Dumbledore worried! That’s why he brought her to Hogwarts, so he could keep an eye on her!”

“What are you saying? That she’s a criminal or a dark wizard or something?” Harry laughed. “Hermione come on!”

Hermione stomped her foot. “I knew you would laugh at me! But I know something’s up here and it’s not anything good!”

Hermione walked up to Jacqueline and said, “I’m going to find out what you’re hiding.”

Jacqueline was in tears. “Hermione please, if I could tell you I would. But you’re right! Dumbledore told me not to say anything. I just can’t!”

“Do mom and dad know?”

“No...they don’t.”

“I will never have one normal year at Hogwarts will I?” Hermione said. “I’m not going to play babysitter with you Jacqueline.”

“No one ever asked you too Hermione” Jacqueline snapped. “You are so over dramatic. Jumping to conclusions as if you know everything. Well guess what Hermione you don’t know anything. Just because you’re the oldest does not mean you have the liberty to treat me like I’m a bad person. You were never there while I was growing up…I barely found out things I never knew about myself!”

Hermione was ashamed, Jacqueline did have a point.

“Then what’s the truth?” Hermione asked. “Why are you here now? What does Dumbledore want with you?”

Jacqueline looked away from Hermione and turned to Harry who was standing by the door, leaning against the door frame.

“Dumbledore will tell you when he’s ready…both of you…” Jackie sighed. “Now if you two don’t mind I wish to be alone.”

Hermione nodded and headed for the door, “I’ll be in my bedroom if you need anything…I’m sorry.” And with those last words Hermione left, pushing past Harry.

Harry reached for Hermione’s hand but she pulled away.

“Ugh” Harry moaned slamming his hand against the wall. “Listen Jacqueline…I don’t mean to sound rude but if you’re here to make Hermione’s life miserable you might as well get out of here.”

“I’m her sister Harry…I’m not here to hurt her. As a matter of fact I’m not here because I discovered I have a long lost sister…I’m here…because of you.”

Harry looked at Jacqueline, “What the heck do I have to do with you?”

“For one…” Jacqueline said walking towards Harry, “You are trying to get my sister to like you. My sister, my business. Secondly…you’ll need me a lot more than you can image in the next few years.”

Harry didn’t know what to say. Who was this girl? Harry figured she was important because Dumbledore went through all that trouble finding her. But Harry had no idea how he would need her.

“Dumbledore will explain it to you soon. I don’t like what he’s told me…I’d give anything to walk away from it. But my life depends on you…”

Harry laughed. “This is some joke isn’t it? Oh wow…well if you don’t mind I’m going to go comfort your sister now. Have a nice evening Jacqueline.”

“Harry!” Jacqueline reached out for Harry’s hand and pulled him back. “Don’t think of it as a joke…once you understand I know you won’t let anything happen to me…or at least you’ll try to prevent anything from happening to me.”

“Let go” Harry whispered. He pulled away and walked off to Hermione’s room. At Hermione’s door he turned back just in time to see Jacqueline’s door close and hear someone cry in frustration.

There you all go I hope you all enjoyed!

Much Love,
Emma

Last edited by Come What May; 09-07-2010 at 06:58 AM.