View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
TeafortheSoul
Formerly: Tegz
Dark Force Defense League

DERP & DMT
Demiguise

Hogwarts RPG Name:
???
Ravenclaw

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ronnie Thurkell
Gryffindor
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Stella Jarsdel
Transportation

Ministry RPG Name:
Calyx Morgan-Bott
Ecological Protection

x12 x12
lives in a hobbit hole || Ern and Touz's Nuzzle || roflysst || looking at a seed packet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashwinder View Post

It didn't take much for Kellen to realize that there was a whole ton of family politics behind what Celandine was saying, and she could probably spend most of the summer detailing it all, if she chose to. So instead of asking for details, he commented, "I'm sure you'll have great kids."

But then his interest was hooked by her talk of charms and simplifying spells, something he could relate to a lot easier than babies and suitors. How many times did he wish a couple of spells could get rolled up together? Like an Insta-Duel-Winner. He'd like that, "Are any of them ready for a demonstration?" Because... she could do magic whenever now, right? And if she could show him a spell or two on the way out the door... could be fun.
"I think so too." Cela did. But then, she thought pretty much everything she did was great, which wasn't an attitude that had changed at all over the past seven years. She was very matter of fact about it though.

"Sure thing." She picked up a fork. "This one is a transfiguration spell." She held her wand with the other hand, looped the tip of it in a figure eight and then tapped the fork, stating quite clearly, "Paraplyo." The fork twitched and then expanded into a closed umbrella, standard sized.

"It took me a long time to work out how to make the umbrella change in size as it transformed from the starting object, but I changed the wand movement and the inflection in the incantation and it worked. You can use any sort of long item. Like a quill or a spoon or a stick. I used to use flowers because it was the easiest since the petals turned into the waterproof part of the umbrella, this bit that opens." She wouldn't open it indoors though. No bad luck for her.

"I used to have to enlarge the flower first though, but this way is easier still."

She handed Kellen the umbrella quite solemnly. "I haven't worked out how to specify what the umbrella will look like yet. I think it might just be intent based though. Sometimes I've managed to get them to be patterned. This one was a simple ravie blue.

"I've been working on it since my fourth year." She added with a smile. "Thats the sort of thing you wanted to see?"

love is like a letter wrote :: and life is like an envelope
be careful who you give it to :: they might not give it back to you