Thread: Romance: The Lost Child - Sa16+
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 02:15 AM   #35 (permalink)
Adelaide_Rane_Parker
Slytherin
Lobalug

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Alexander Renald Parker
Sixth Year
Default word count 11981

Here you go finally i have more!

Chapter 8 - Draco’s fate

“Lumos” Cassie said holding Narcissa’s wand. However nothing happened not that Cassie expected anything to happen. Narcissa stood at her side holding her husband’s wand who was sitting in a chair reading the Daily Prophet in the large walnut paneled sitting room.

“Flurish your wand more like this” Narcissa said as she flicked her wrist “Lumos” Lucius’ wand lit up on the end.

Cassie flicked like Narcissa had “Lumos” Narcissa’s wand did not light up. “Madam I don’t think I can do this. Please I have tried and tried it wont work for me.” Her voice was starting to break as she spoke.

“ Ok Cassandra why don’t you go practice your violin we will resume this later.” Narcissa said while holding her hand out for her wand.

“Must I practice my ….”

“Do as my wife has asked and don’t argue Cassandra!” Lucius barked with his hand on his forehead. In obvious annoyance.

Cassie handed the wand to Narcissa trying not to make eye contact with her she turned to Lucius and with a sharp voice she replied “Yes Sir” and turned on her heels wad walked out the door .As soon as she stopped outside the door she could hear Lucius talking to his wife she stopped to listen.

“ She needs to learn to respect you stop treating her as your child. The Dark Lord has asked that your train her not treat her as your own. Draco is your priority ensure that he is able to complete his tasks” Lucius stood from his chair and set the paper down. He walked up to Narcissa and grabbed his wand from her hand. As he walked out he turned he said to his wife “As if a silly squib is able to learn magic” he added with a smirk holding up his wand.

“Yes Husband” Narcissa said with her head held high.

She walked out into the main hallway slowing crossing and watching the painting on the wall. To the right of the sitting room stood a large painting of a beautiful aging woman who had the lacy amethyst necklace around her neck. Cassie walked up to the painting and looked up at the woman.

“You are the daughter of the Dark Lord and the granddaughter of Salazar Slytherin. My husband always knew that our great family lines would cross one day. Remember child that strong women stand behind even the strongest men never forget who you are.” The woman said with great pride.

Cassie did not know what to say to the woman. She smiled at the woman and replied back. “I will remember that Madam, but Draco and I are not betrothed yet. My father has not decided that.” With that she walked up the stairs and walked slowly up holding on to the railing ensuring that she would not fall.

Across the hall the front door opened and Draco walked in causing Cassie to stop and turn she took a single step down and stopped when she saw another man with dark hair talking to him. Draco turned towards Cassie and started to walk to her stopping at the foot of the stairs.

“May I have a word with you Madam?” He asked with little emotion. Turning to the dark haired man he added “ James I will be with you in a moment if you would not mind waiting for me in the sitting room”

The man walked into the sitting room as Cassie took a step up the stairs and looked at Draco and curtly replied “Where is our chaperone Mr. Malfoy?” she folded her arms across her chest and turned to walk up the stairs. Draco grabbed her by the arm and pulled her down the stairs so that she was only two steps away from him.

“Cassandra, please don’t throw what I say to you back at me.” he let her go and took a step back giving her room. “Your father asked me to introduce you to someone and I would hope that you would not make me cross your father’s request.”

Cassie walked down the stairs and walked past Draco with her arms still crossed. She waited by the door of the sitting room for Draco to follow. He walked into the room and turned to his mother who was talking with James.

Draco stood by the fireplace and motioned for Cassie to sit next to James on the couch. “I will leave you to it then.” he said dryly and walked out of the room stopping for a moment to glance at Cassie before he turned and left.

Narcissa sat with her hands in her lap across from James and Cassie. It was James who spoke first “Madam, Draco did not tell me of your beauty.” he said while pushing a strand of hair back. “you seem shy Miss.”

“Sir perhaps you should remember that she is the daughter of the Dark Lord and you should maintain your distance.” Narcissa said sternly

“Madam” James replied turning to Narcissa “You think your son is the only one to sit at the Dark Lord side”

Turning to Cassie he leaned down with a perverse smile and whispered into her ear. Cassie blushed and looked away from James embarrassed by what he said. Narcissa noticed Cassie’s obvious discomfort and she interjected.

“James perhaps you would like something to drink?” Narcissa stared him in the eyes trying to alter his focus from Cassie to her.

James twisted his body to face Narcissa “ Madam I’m not sure you grasp the gravity of the situation So let me be clear to you. I will do anything to gain the Dark Lord’s favor even betray an old school friend for the right to have Cassandra. Do understand that you can not direct my attention from what I want by offering me a drink. You may leave so I can have a moment with the woman who will bare my children, the Dark Lord’s grandchildren. “

With her head held high Narcissa rose from her seat and walked over to Cassie holding her arm out and said “Cassie I believe that we should leave James to speak with Draco” Turning to James she added “Do excuse our departure we must prepare for the Dark Lord’s arrival and I’m sure you would not begrudge us to follow his orders. Would you dear?”

Before the two women could leave the room James grabbed Cassie’s arm and replied “I will expect to finish this later then.” With that he released her arm with an twisted smirk on his face.

“Tomorrow perhaps but now we must pratice our music. Come Cassandra.” Narcissa and Cassie walked out of the door. Narcissa turned and added “Draco will be with you shortly.”