View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 04:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
brelovesweasleys
Slytherin
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Abel Wysor
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Derrick Vanderbilt
Minister's Office
be the bre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica View Post
Xylon shook his head. "I don't play Quidditch that much," he said honestly. "I value it more as a spectator-sport. I haven't actually played it since my brother's death." His tones turned cold. He had always felt that if he tried to be indifferent about that, he could cope with the loss. Apparently he couldn't and that irritated him. He hated having to think of it. "My twin. He had an accident during a match. Two years ago." He hadn't survived. Xylon shrugged and looked away.

He realized after several moments of silence that he need not act like a jerk about it. It wasn't as if anyone else would understand what the loss meant to him. He had never expected anyone to, either. "I'm glad you're trying out," he said softly, trying to make up for his sudden coldness. "I can watch you play if you make it on to the team."

Rae had no idea what to say, that was of course a touchy subject, that she wished to no longer speak of. Though she knew how he felt, with a different twist, his brothers death had been an accident. Rae's father's death was not. "Oh, sorry to hear that...." Rae now didn't want to talk about quidditch anymore... "So, did you sign up for anything? Clubs or something?" Stupid question.

Fade from everything, as winter stays...