View Single Post
Old 02-06-2010, 02:13 PM   #48 (permalink)
ravenclawrox*_*
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Chaos Creator Twins' Conscience

This movie is my favourite so far. Just liked to start off by saying that.

SPOILER!!: review
The fact that they skipped Dumbledore's funeral...well, raising their wands up high to ward off the Dark Mark brought the feeling of unity, and showed that, as Dumbledore said in the fourth book, "We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided." I think that action showed that Dumbledore's legacy will carry one, and that was possibly my favourite scene of the whole movie.

Tom Felton did an excellent job portraying Draco. I could actually believe Draco was a confused, misguided Slytherin as opposed to an egotistic brat. He had a lot of scenes where you could see the doubt and he really made me believe he was hiding a lot. The Draco and Dumbledore scene, with his arm shaking and a desparate, confused expression really did the character Draco justice. Tom Felton really brought the new side of Draco forward.

As well as Draco, Snape was new focus in the 6th movie. Or at least that's what I thought from the promotional posters. I saw his usual malicious side, and his big part at the end...that was some really great acting. Total Snape. I just wished they had added the line, "DON'T CALL ME COWARD!" But Alan Rickman really did a good job bringing Snape further as well. I especially love how he made us really wonder about what side he was on. His messages just using his eyes were...Snape.

The romance, the romance. I liked it. It was a nice escape from the gloominess of the situation. It added some humour to the movie too. Despite the darkness of the situation, and the feeling that the end is close,there was humour and romance to lighten everything up. Lavlav and Ron were just cute. Emma Watson did a great job acting out Hermione's feelings of being left out. The romance showed a teenage side to everyone, and added some silliness that didn't seem out of place at all.

So, this movie brought forward a lot of new topics, and continued what had been established in films 1-5, and in my opinion, did the book justice. 5 stars for me.
ravenclawrox*_* is offline   Reply With Quote