Thread: Read First!
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2009, 08:43 PM   #78 (permalink)
Disneymaniac
Hufflepuff
Plimpy

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Charlie Tudor
First Year
x1 x1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyp5ym00n View Post
I've never done RP before so I'm kind of clueless. So when you post your RP in a thread I'm assuming it has to go in order with the last post posted? So what if two or more people respond to the last RP at the same time, unknowingly, won't things get mixed up and confusing? I'm not sure I explained that well, I hope it makes sense.

Say someone writes..

"Johnny trips over a stone and he loses his school books about as he fell to ground."

So the next person writes ..

"Sue saw that Johnny had lost his books and had gone over to help him pick them up."

I know lame, lol, but just a quick example. So what if not only Sue helps him pick them up but 10 other characters do as well because they do not realize other characters are responding. Won't things get all jumbled and confusing if that happens?

Also 2nd question, when you make your character is there a forum or some place where you post your character so people know who your character is or how does that work?

Lastly, 3rd question. When you RP do you stay in one thread or do you change threads as your "scene" changes? Like when I get my wand I RP in Ollivander's then when I leave there and get an Owl then I continue the RP in Eeylops Owl Emporium?
Right lets break this down:

1) Your first question was quite an interesting one. When you RP you don't actually have to respond to anything that happened before you. Or you could. If you get into a conversation with someone, you do have to respond to what they are saying and doing obviously. But if Sue didn't want to help Johnny, she doens't have to. And if she does and 10 people before her also do, then you can always edit, so that Sue just asked how Johnny was. Hopefully Johnny might want to talk to Sue.

2) There is a place for this. But unfortunately it is in The Hogwarts Haven. Which is a fan club you have to join. But there you can post your character, like everyone else does.

3) You continue onto other places as your character does. So if you are going to get an owl, you go to Eyelops. If you want an ice cream you go to Floreans.

Hope that all helps. If you have anyother problems you are welcome to PM me.

Charlie Tudor - 1st Year Slytherpuff