View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 07:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
OtterySt.Catchpole
Gryffindor
SS Featured Artist
DA Poet
Rupert is My Man!
SS100 Triumphant
Aethonan

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Ottery St. Catchpole
Third Year
Gryffindor Chapter: Memories like wishes I wish I'd told you once upon a time ....
Paris & Kellybear r luv :Read Otty 's fics:Gone With the Wind:I♥Rupert

Author's Note: Thank you all for trying out my fic, I'm flattered at y'all's comments. *waves to Ali & Kellybear cuz they're old friends* I'm going to be posting sporadically until I can get a heads up on this story, but I almost always finish my fics when I start them, so ... I promise if you stick with me, the time you invest won't be wasted by my not finishing this fic. That said, I raised a poll, please feel free to vote, I do care what you all have to suggest, I love hearing from my readers. I should point out that this is an alternate universe fic, essentially my take on the events of HBP. It might seem weird at first but ... I hope you hang around to see what I'm up too. I promise, at the very least to make it interesting and unlike any HP fanfic you've ever read. Guaranteed or your money back. Thank you Ana and X-girl, if you don't mind my asking, what do you all ship? Just curious ... my fics tend to have A LOT of couples so expect some romance, and thank you again for the nice comments. I hope you come back. That said, here's the next bit.

♥♥♥

Lovers, keep on the road you're on
Runners, until the race is run
Soldiers, you've got to soldier on
Sometimes even right is wrong
~Coldplay (Lovers in Japan)

The car swerved wildly. The other drivers on the road honked, some even throwing their hands up, a few throwing out verbal objections or suggestions as to what Harry Potter could do (though not necessarily to improve his driving), and there were a few of those ever popular hand signals. But the boy didn’t care, the lightning scarred boy was too focused on firing spells out of his window at the brooms flying in front of him.

“Why can’t anyone see them?” The boy asked.

“They’re cloaked against muggles Harry, all they see is a pair of nuts driving badly,” his godfather replied. “So, how do you like your first ever driving lesson?”

Harry laughed. They had been walking out of the Leaky Cauldron when they’d been fired at by some Death Eaters, it was such a random thing. Of course they did not have their brooms with them and the death eaters had decided to run, so obviously, Sirius broke into a car, a Ferrari 430 Challenger and he’d let Harry drive. His godfather was all fun and adventure. The Dark Lord might be coming after Harry but that didn’t mean that he didn’t have friends and family with him, and with Sirius at his side, he felt like it was all a fun game. They were adventuring, the way Harry imagined that James had done with his godfather when he was just a baby.

The car was driving itself, spelled to do so Harry could control it by taking the wheel every now and then and nudging it one way or the other, which freed his hands to blast away with his wand. They entered a quiet neighborhood and Harry turned wildly when he heard the tire blow out and the car skidded sideways knocking trash bins down and sending them flying over the sides of the car until he stopped it.

“Where are they?” Harry asked seeing the street empty and quiet.

“Hiding most like, they’ve got us where they wanted us, now,” Sirius replied without the slightest hint of worry in his voice.

“This is a trap?”

“Of course it is Harry, think about it. They weren’t flying that low on brooms through the city so you could track them down to their hideout.” Sirius replied. “So, let’s get out and say hello.”

“You’re kidding.”

Sirius was stepping out of the car, and Harry followed quickly feeling like one of those policemen in the muggle cop shows that Dudley loved watching so much--when he wasn‘t watching dance competitions, anyways.

“Maybe we should signal the Order,” Harry remarked, completely aware of his godfather’s sometimes lack of common sense.

“I don’t think you’re going to have time for that, I‘m afraid,” Bellatrix remarked cackling in her mad crazy way. She fired a spell at Sirius who ducked shattering all the windows of the car. Harry covered his face and fell down on the asphalt. He opened his eyes to see a pair of boots.

“Get up Harry Potter,” a growling voice exclaimed.

The boy looked up to see the snarling face of Fenrir Greyback.

“'Allo gorgeous, wanna come with me?”

“I’d rather not actually,” the boy exclaimed blasting the soles of the Death Eater's feet with a dancing spell.

On the other side of the car Sirius was battling Bellatrix and three other Death Eaters single handedly. Harry stood up and fired at one of them sending him crashing into a garden.

“Thanks Harry,” Sirius yelled.

The boy ran over the hood of the car to help his godfather, sending a jinx towards Bellatrix who seemed determined to get at her cousin.

“Meddlesome brat!” she shot back. “There’s only one thing to do with you … Avada Kedavra!”

Harry ducked the spell which hit the car causing it to explode in a gigantic fireball that sent the car flying twenty feet into the air.

“I’d been hoping to return that actually,” he said, throwing a silence spell at her, Bellatrix deftly swatted it away and sent a shower of bottle sized thorns flying at the boy. Harry ducked again, running down the street trying to lure Bellatrix away from Sirius. It was then that he spotted a boy about fourteen sitting on a wall across the street dangling his legs watching the whole fight with the air of someone who was watching a very interesting film.

“Didn’t forget me did ya boy?” the werewolf asked suddenly appearing in front of Harry.

Undaunted, the boy with the scar jabbed his wand into the mans chest twisting the end around his robes and shot a fireball sending Fenrir flying back to crash into a lamppost.

Harry looked up in time to see Bellatrix about to curse Sirius who was busy with two other death eaters, “No,” Harry exclaimed and fired a spell. Bellatrix’s wand flew up in the air disarming her and Sirius spotting her jinxed her. She fell down in a heap screaming, visions of horrible bugs attacking her.

The boy on the wall started clapping, “Bravo!”

Harry pointed his wand at the boy with the brown hair. He leaped down and Harry could see the boy was wearing a blue jumpsuit, or robes that looked that way.

“That’s the way it was supposed to be, wasn’t it?” the boy asked.

“Who are you?” Harry replied with a question.

“Nicholas. Nicholas Black,” he said.

“You’re going to die boy, so why don’t you just give us what we want to know?” The Death Eater asked, as he took a long drag from his cigar, turned and blew his smoke in the boy’s face.

Chained to the wall, naked to his waist, and bare foot, his feet sitting in fetid water in a dark room from where a single lamp swung, his back rested tired against the rocky wall. He could barely speak, much less smile, but he was doing it.

“You can … you … can … kiss … my … a” a hard slap across the face finished the sentence for him.

Rodolphus smiled at the muscled man wearing the ax-man’s mask. His muscled form reminded Ottery of one of those Mexican wrestlers he grew up watching. He spat his blood on the floor.

“You will talk to us, St. Catchpole. Or you will die. It really is very simple.”

“Can … can I ask … you a … question, Rolphy old boy?”

The man in the red suit, with the gold embroidering looking like a figure out of the Napoleonic era nodded, his cigar in his mouth.

“What’s Voldemort … want with … with the triads? He need help trying to conquer little ol’ Brit--,” once again the boy was cut short, this time by a fist to the gut. He doubled over and would have fallen to his knees but for the chains that held him in place.

“Enough playing. Talk, and die quickly. Or remain quiet and die slowly. Either way, the only way you’re leaving this place is in a pine box, Ottery St. Catchpole. You’re hundreds of thousands of miles away from your precious little Order, and they can’t save you.”

Endnote: I have a beta I haven't asked her to review these posts, so I apologize I will edit them, and in future have my posts beta'd. Thank you all again for reading.

Last edited by OtterySt.Catchpole; 07-27-2009 at 09:42 PM.