Thread: Adventure: The Tale of Two - Sa16+
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 08:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
princess of*hp*
Ravenclaw
Hinkypunk

Graduated

Diagon Alley Employee:
Amadeus Alfred Kipling
Owl Post Office Assistant
x7
Lady Lem|DJ Melfoy|Braedeus ♥ Stumble|Bebé Melón|B2|Andee & Melsse|Melephone

Ch 6
It was Monday morning, and still no sign of the trio’s return or the successful capture of Macnair. Agyness was prepared to face the dullness that she had encountered for the majority of the last week. She meandered down the hall of Level Two, a sullen look plastered onto her pale features. When she reached the door of Draco’s office, she stopped to ponder about what to do next. He hadn’t given her the courtesy of greeting her, or of barely even speaking to her, for most of last week; so why should she knock before entering? As she raised her hand to make contact with the doorknob, the knob turned as if someone was moving it from the other side.

Standing directly across the doorframe was no other than Draco. Much to her surprise, he had a grin on his face. And it didn’t look forced. “Good morning,” He said cheerfully, pretending not to notice her astonishment. Draco knew that he had been unpleasant and was determined to make it up to her. Agyness, wondering if his kindness was just a ruse, lazily held out her arm without speaking a word, ready to apparate to the meadow. “Oh, we’re not dueling. We’re going over the more practical aspects of the job today.” He spoke. “Sorry to disappoint you,” Draco added when he noticed that her frown deepened. He happily noticed that her beautiful facial features were not distorted, no matter how much she tried to act displeased. “Sorry that I didn’t have a chance to kick your **** today,” Agyness muttered under her breath.

Pretending not to hear, Draco stepped aside to let her pass into his office. She swiftly passed him and strode into a black-leathered chair. Draco couldn’t help but notice that she smelled of lavender. He strode into the chair behind his desk and took a long, hard look at her. Was she truly angry with him for his behavior? Was it just a ploy? He couldn’t tell. She sat so stoically, with her legs crossed, her arms tightly gripping the chair’s sides, and her mouth still hardened into a frown.

“I’m sorry, okay?” Draco leaned across the desk towards her, his face revealing his guilt. “I behaved very rudely last week.” Agyness had not moved a muscle. “Anything you want to add?” She remarked through gritted teeth. “Um… I’m sorry for treating you disrespectfully.” He responded, hoping that this apology would satisfy her. Agyness loosened the grip on her chair and stopped frowning, still looking slightly stoic. “I promise to maintain a respectful, business-like relationship with you,” Draco spoke, reaching his hand across the table towards her. At this gesture, Agyness felt his remorse and tentatively leaned toward the desk. She quickly shot her hand across the desk to shake his. When their hands touched, it felt like an electric shock. They both quickly pulled away, shocked at the connection.

“So,” Draco began pulling parchment from his desk, “Today I’m going to be asking you some practical questions.” “Sounds easy enough,” Agyness remarked, leaning on the desk and positioning her arms in a relaxed way. She had it in the bag; Ravenclaws were definitely the best in academics, especially when it came to “practical questions.” Draco skimmed the first piece of parchment, took a breath, and asked, “What is the best manner in which to interrogate a criminal?”

“Veritaserum,” Agyness promptly answered, straightening her posture and sitting as alert as she used to during class at Hogwarts. “Correct.” Draco smiled, knowing that only a person as thick as a troll would have missed that one. “Or you could show him a little leg,” She murmured cheekily, wondering how he would react. “Next question,” He began again, his lips curling into a grin, “In what ways would you be able to pursue a suspect underwater?” “Hm…” She paused for a moment, and then began, “You can use the bubblehead charm, eat gillyweed, or transfigure yourself.” She smiled at her own words, remembering the Triwizard Tournament when she was in her third year.

“You remember?” Draco inquired, lowering the parchment as he noticed her absentmindedly grinning. “Of course I – wait. How did you know that I went to Hogwarts?” Her eyes slightly narrowed as she spoke, curious. “It was in your job resume, love.” Draco swiftly responded. With the flick of his wand, a file zoomed into his hand. It was labeled “Prince, Agyness”. “Oh,” She replied softly, her cheeks blushing a light shade of pink. Why didn’t she think of that before? Maybe she had been too occupied studying Draco.