View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 10:45 AM

Post Half-Blood Prince set report and Daniel Radcliffe & Jim Broadbent interviews

The Scottish Sunday Mail has today run a Half-Blood Prince set report, featuring details from Leavesden Studios and an interview with Daniel Radcliffe.

Dan talks about the rumours that have been in the press about him and the level of fame he experiences;

Quote:
"One crazy story was that I was getting the SAS to walk my dogs - rubbish, of course.

"Then there was the suggestion that I was having beer that was made by Trappist monks imported from Belgium and then it was claimed that I had grown 10 inches in two months.

"But the best one of all was the story that I was having a statue made of myself in Equus and that it was to be the centerpiece in my living room.

"They obviously had me confused with Caligula or Nero. But really, I do live a fairly normal life here in Britain.

"But people are amazed that I can go out to the shops and buy stuff and I don't get hassled."
He also revealed how he and Rupert Grint get out of playing table tennis with Emma Watson;

Quote:
"Emma is not allowed to play because she really is too good," laughs Dan.

"If she comes into the room to play we say we are too tired.

"But we really can't face the humiliation of being beaten by her again."
The newspaper also spoke to Jim Broadbent (Slughorn) who describes what it was like to transform into an armchair and explains why he decided to be in Half-Blood Prince;

Quote:
He said: "He has to change location and change identity on a weekly basis... even if this means disguising himself as a chair which, given his magic powers, is not a difficult thing to do.

He said: "I have certainly been a toilet seat in a voice over but I think this is a first - the first armchair anyway."
Quote:
He said: "When I was offered the part I told Imelda and she said it was lovely and to go on and do it.

"It has been very welcoming and I had worked with Robbie Coltrane - who plays Hagrid - before.

"It was just the youngsters I didn't really know and they were all very easy to get on with."