View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 12:15 PM   #23 (permalink)
harita
Ravenclaw
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
isabella Macmillan
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Laura Thomas
International Cooperation

hey here is today's post....

Yeah...This Is Where She Belongs...

Sara, Fiona and Derek followed the other students and walked towards the staircase for north tower which is where the Gryffindors stay. As they were heading towards the tower few guys passed by and turned around to look at the three of them and give a quick smile and walked away hurriedly. Sara didn’t seem to notice this and continued to walk. They reached the Gryffindor portrait door and Fiona called, “Gnome” and the fat lady swung open the door for them. Sara walked in to see the common room of the Gryffindor which was covered with red and gold in various beautiful ways. The carpets and curtains were in rich red and gold color but nothing looked gaudy. The circular room had a fireplace at one side and windows were placed at many places to get a perfect view of the landscape out side. The couches and cushioned armchairs were in red and brown. The happy fire crackling in the fire place made Sara think how this room must have bared the presence of death eaters spoiling the aura and grandeur of Gryffindors.
“do you…” asked Derek
“this is beautiful,” said Sara cutting him off
“of course this is beautiful,” said Fiona
“I wonder how our dorms will be,” said Sara aloud.
“you want to see it immediately or shall we wait for Ginny,” said Fiona
“um…ok I will wait,” said Sara . she walked all over the common room taking in every minute detail of it. she walked towards the fire place where the photos of the past years quidditch match winning photographs were framed in gold. She walked towards the window and looked out of it to see a clear sky with no moon. The atmosphere was damp and cool. The breeze left Sara’s hair ruffling. She turned and stifled a yawn.
“I think we should better go to the dorms. You are sleepy,” said Fiona and Sara nodded.
“come on lets go, Derek can stay back to tell Ginny that we have gone to sleep,” she continued
“oh no its alright, I think Derek will be sleepy too. Ginny will understand if none of them are around and she won’t feel bad,” said Sara and added, “I hope so” and Fiona shook her head and smiled and pulled Sara along with her to the dorms.

The girls entered the dorm. It was circular dorm with red and gold curtains to the windows and red carpet. It had teak wood cabinets on one corner of the room for each person. Five, four poster beds were placed in a circle. The room was lit with burning torches which gave a much more authentic and warm look.
“wow,” breathed Sara, “this is beautiful. It reminds me of my,” she trailed off
“reminds you of your own school?” interjected Fiona and Sara just nodded.
“here, I think this is your bed,” she said where Sara’s trunk and school bag was at the foot of the bed. The beds were all tucked in white Lenin with red warm quilts. Fiona stifled a yawn and both the girls got off to change into their pajamas and slept. For the first time Sara didn’t have trouble sleeping. She slept as soon as she hit the pillow. Maybe this is what her mind, body and heart wanted, a place where she could be herself, a place where she could relate her and her past perfectly well, a place that will never let her feel lonely. Though, this place relates to her perfectly well but will it let her forget her past, will it let her move on in life?

Last edited by harita; 04-09-2010 at 04:22 AM. Reason: Some Changes Made