View Single Post
Old 06-09-2009, 09:53 PM

Post Video: Bonnie Wright, James & Oliver Phelps start Deathly Hallows in July (UPDATED)

While promoting the Half-Blood Prince French train tour, actors Bonnie Wright and James and Oliver Phelps spoke about when they would return to work on Deathly Hallows (all in July):

All four actors spoke about the evolution of the sixth film: Bonnie spoke about the romances, specifically Harry and Ginny's relationship; Tom Felton talked about how much the films have grown, and discussed his fight scene with Dan Radcliffe; the twins mentioned how their fictional counterparts have become entrepreneurs.

UPDATE: Tom, Bonnie and the Phelps twins were interviewed by Metro France, as well, and talked about Half-Blood Prince. This article has been translated from its original French (if anyone can send a better translation, please feel free to):

Quote:
"I only saw some scenes from the film in which I appear," says Tom Felton, "and it looks really exciting, we all wait to see it all. Draco's role is important in it. If Harry Potter symbolizes good, Draco symbolizes evil, with the opportunity to prove it ... It's a pretty tough journey for him. The films are evolving, for sure. They become more frightening, funniest, more romantic ... most appropriate to the characters! It is not just about black magic in this film, there are many jokes that fans will appreciate. "

Bonnie Wright agrees: she plays Ginny, the youngest of the Weasley and future girlfriend Harry. "There is a good balance in this film, I think, between the darker moments and romance. Ginny has more confidence in her, she plays Quidditch and is his first love, it was very pleasant to play."

And the famous scene of the kiss? She smiles and blushes: "I love how this scene was written, there are some very tense moments, where nothing happens, and where everybody expects it to happen, and when it happens ... (Laughter.) Nothing to do with the scene where Harry kisses Cho Chang: mine is longer, it is a very special moment, the beginning of a relationship doomed to endure. "

While traveling as the Weasley twins: "They left Hogwarts," says Oliver Phelps, "they have their own store of jokes and hoaxes, and they are successful! We like to be the comedy of this series, our fans love us for that. "

James has also played the assistant director: "During filming, I worked behind the camera, with the team, between two scenes. Sometimes I worked from 5 am to 9 pm ... Being assistant made me appreciate the different trades of the film. Making one myself? I'm too lazy for that (Laughter.)"
The article also confirms, as did the video above, that Bonnie will begin university this fall.

Source: BonnieWrightOnline