View Single Post
Old 12-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #22 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

*Posts for a certain Elephant* This one doesnt have a cliffie sorta just for you

Chapter 10

Sam waited by Eros Rock, knowing he would come as soon as he got her letter. She wrapped her sweater around her a little tighter as a gentle breeze threatened to knock her over from her anxiety. She looked out into the ocean, as if there were answers to her questions written on its silky surface. Of course, there wasn’t. So she began to plan what she was going to say.

Before she could even think one word, a gentle pop came from the right. She looked over to the sound, and found Milo standing where he just apparated, looking at her as if she wasn’t real. He had his hands stuffed in his pocket, and his hair was in disarray. He looked happy to see her, yet scared at the same time.

“Samantha…”

“I just came to tell you to stop bugging my grandparents.” She said and made her way to leave.

“Samantha wait. I…” Milo said, quickly moving to her side.

She stopped and turned to look at him. Many emotions began to shoot through her at that moment, that she didn’t want to come. His eyes reflected the hurt and sadness that was in her heart. She didn’t want to feel this way. She had said to herself that she wasn’t going to see Milo anymore. She couldn’t really explain why she came to this conclusion, just knew that she needed to stick with it.

“I don’t live with my grandparents anymore, so please don’t bother them anymore.” Sam said, trying to hold in the urge to wrap her arms around him.

“I’m sorry.” He said softly.

She didn’t expect him to say this and it confused her. “For what?”

“For everything. I shouldn’t have kept you in the dark like that.”

“What do you mean?” she asked, even more confused.

“I want to tell you everything. But…” He looked down ashamed.

“But what?”

“I don’t know how.” He admitted, slowly meeting her eye. She looked at him, searching his face for any sign of him lying. He looked like he was being genuine, but she was still skeptical.

Finally she gave in. She wasn’t sure if it was because she decided she could trust him or if it was her curiosity that made her cave. “You can tell me anything, you know. I’ve told you things about my family that other people don’t know. You can do it too. I won’t judge you.”

“I don’t think the fact that you were there to witness your brother go into a coma, or a cousin being kidnapped really measures up to what I have to say.” He chuckled nervously.

Sam took this the wrong way and decided he wasn’t worth all these secrets. She turned away from him and began to walk away.

“Samantha! I didn’t mean it that way. I’m sorry!” Milo said, grabbing her arm.

“Let go Milo.” She said through gritted teeth.

“No. You said you would listen. You also said you wouldn’t judge.” He said turning her to face him.

“That was before you found it funny how my brother was in a coma or how my cousin was kidnapped.” Sam snapped.

Milo gulped and let go of her arm. He ran his hand through his hair uneasily and said, “This is why I didn’t want to tell you.”

Sam said nothing but watched him. He looked so vulnerable. He looked like a small boy, a boy that was scared of the monster in his closet. His hazel eyes were wide and glazed. She didn’t know what to make of him. All her desires to leave disappeared as he looked back into her eyes. She took a step back at the sight of his expression. His eyes reflected fear; fear for losing her.

“I…I’m sorry. You can tell me.” She said, and sat against the rocks. He watched her sit down and he sighed. But he must of saw that she was willing to listen to his story, because he sat down next to her, instead of turning away.

“My parents aren’t really dead.” He said after a few minutes of silence. Sam didn’t know what to say or even think, so she stayed quiet. “They are both really dark wizards that are very highly wanted.”

He didn’t say anything after this, but put his head in his hands. This made all the anger inside her evaporate. All she wanted to do was comfort him and tell him everything was going to be ok. All her old feelings resurfaced and she had this strange urge to protect him. She placed a hand on his back and said, “You’re not like them, you know. I could never see you hurting anybody.”

“You don’t understand. I…” He looked up at the moon, his face more serious that she had ever seen.

“Are you a death eater?” Sam asked simply.

His head came back down and he locked on her eyes. “No. But-”

“That is all I need to know then.” She said and smiled. He smiled shyly back at her and wrapped his arms around her. She laid her head on her chest and only realized then how much she missed him.