View Single Post
Old 11-18-2008, 04:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
MUSTANG SALLY
Dark Force Defense League
SS 100 Triumphant
Gryffindor
Kappa

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Danny Logan Edwards
Sixth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Rawr
Special Ops
x1
Shipper Queen Hippie Quad

Chapter 4

“I’m gonna take a walk around the city. Get to know the place.” Sam announced over breakfast.

“Ok dear. But you watch out for them pesky salesmen who always try to sell you fish.” Gram said. Sam chuckled and gave her a hug.

She then headed up the stairs and went into her room. Slipping on a pair of navy blue sandals, she looked over her appearance in the long mirror that hung behind her door. She was wearing a plain blue spaghetti strap with jeans. Normally, Sam would never wear sandals, but it just felt right to wear them today. After smoothing down her hair and grabbing her earth colored book bag, she made her way back down the stairs and out the door.

The day was beautiful. There was no other way to describe it. The sun was high without a single cloud in the cobalt sky. All the color seemed to be enhanced and Sam could never get tired of that salty seawater smell. The city was alive with energy. People rode their bikes and yelled hello to their neighbors in Greek. Sam had to admit the first time she saw a donkey she giggled, but now she was getting use to the concept that the people used them here for transportation.

As she made her way toward the beach, Sam couldn’t help but smile to herself. She was finally starting her life. It scared her a little, but she was more excited than anything. When the golden-brown sand came into view, she slipped off her sandals and put them into her bag. On one side of the beach, there were these high rocks. This is where she averted her direction to. Climbing up onto one of the smaller rocks, Sam made herself comfortable and looked out into the ocean.

The gentle sound of the waves crashing was putting her into a trance. It was too exquisite to not be magical. How could nature be that stunning?

Milo noticed Sam before she noticed him. She was too distracted, listening to the soothing sound of the waves that she didn’t hear him walk up.

“Samantha?” his Greek accent gave him away. Sam usually hated when people called her by her full name. But for some reason it gave her chills when he said it.

“I told you I was moving here.” Sam said with a playfully smile and stretched out on her rock.

“Why would you want to move here?” he asked with curious honey colored eyes.

“When I came here last summer I fell in love.” When she saw his eyes widen slightly, she realized what she said and attempted to fix it. “With the City I mean. I’m part Greek and I know nothing about traditions here or customs. I’ve come to study the Greek culture.”

“You left England, all your family, so you could learn about Greek culture?” Milo asked skeptically.

His tone was making her feel stupid. Luckily she didn’t have Danny’s pale skin tone, because she would be blushing like mad right now. “Yeah. Why does that seem so weird?”

“No reason. I guess I’m so used to Greece that I don’t even realize we have such an interesting culture.” Milo answered.

“So does that mean you’re glad I came?” Sam asked shyly.

Milo looked at her and stayed quiet. For a second, she panicked. Her heart would truly break if he said no. And that made her feel pathetic.

“I am glad you came. Now I can talk to you face to face instead of through a letter.” Milo smiled at her.

“Is that a good thing?” Sam asked sarcastically.

“It could be.” Milo said and moved closer to her.

Her heart stopped for a fraction of a second as he sat down next to her. How could a boy make her feel this way?

“So who are you staying with? Your grandparents?” Milo asked.

“Yeah. They took me in. Gram likes to make a big deal out of everything and had this big dinner for me last night.” Sam said. She smiled as he chuckled at her. “So how’s life with your grandparents?”

“Well Papi died just a few weeks ago. So it’s been kind of lifeless there.”

“I’m so sorry Milo. You should have said something.” Sam said, sympathy streaming from her eyes.

“Thanks Samantha. But there was nothing anybody could do. He was just there then not.”

“How…did it happen?” she asked slowly.

“I don’t really feel like talking about it. Want to go for a swim?” Milo said slipping off the rock.

“I don’t have a bathing suit.” Sam said. She should have worn it under!

“So?” Milo said, a charming smile playing on his face.

“So, how else would I get in?” Sam chuckled.

“Just get in.” Milo laughed.

“I’m wearing clothes!”

“So am I.”

“I don’t think you get the concept of a swim suit and regular clothes.”

“You can teach me later. Now come on.” Milo said and walked toward her as if he was going to pull her in himself if she didn’t come.

“Really. How am I gonna get in?”

Milo said nothing but rolled his eyes. Then he picked her up and began walking toward the water.

“Milo! What are you doing! No!” Sam said squirming in his arms. But he didn’t let her go. As the water came closer and closer, she couldn’t help but let out a nervous laugh.

“Seriously Milo. I can’t go in my clothes.” He kicked off his sandals before he got to the edge than began running toward the rushing water. Before Sam could get away, Milo fell sideways in, bringing her down with him. Cold water seeped into her clothes as she fell in. She jumped up and gasped as her head broke the surface.

The first thing she spotted was Milo laughing a few feet away from her. He was soaked from head to toe but he didn’t seem to care. Sam scowled and slowly made her way toward him. When she was close enough to touch him, she reached her arm back and splashed him.

“I’m wet now!” She cried out.

“Yeah that’s why they call it water.” Milo laughed. Sam couldn’t help but laugh too and splashed him again.

Last edited by MUSTANG SALLY; 11-18-2008 at 04:46 AM. Reason: Steph needs to reread before she edits! >_<