View Single Post
Old 10-27-2008, 01:39 PM   #11 (permalink)
chaostori1985
Hufflepuff
Gnome

Red face Chapter 4

I'm glad you guys like this. I just wish more people would read it. Oh well, here's another chapter.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chapter 4: Gossip

Tori felt that she should make peace with Ron and Harry before they left. She went up to them after the meeting and looked repentant.

“Guys, I’m really sorry about before. Walking of like that…”

Before she could say more, Harry interrupted her. “That’s ok. We should have been more understanding towards your ambitions. I always knew you’d be the one to save the world and I know these things can weigh on one’s mind.”

Tori smiled gratefully. Ron seemed to feel rather awkward about the situation. He just murmured: “Don’t worry about us, Tori. I’m sure you’ll do fine, sorry.” With that, he turned around and left.

“Don’t think too much about Ron, you know what he’s like. He doesn’t like changes all too much. Once he gets used to the idea someone can actually enjoy working with Snape, he’ll come around, if not for the Imperius Potion’s sake!” Harry laughed.

“Oh Harry, I knew you would understand! Thanks.” Tori sighed relieved, giving him a hug.

“Of all people, I should know best that there is more to Severus Snape than the cranky, points deducting twit we all knew. It’s because of me that he can’t leave Hogwarts’ protection until Voldemort is defeated.”

“I’m working on that!”

“That’s the spirit!!!!” Harry stated, and with that, he left Hogwarts.

Lupin would stay on as the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and Sirius was to be in charge of school security. Therefore, the Head Table in the Great Hall was becoming rather elaborate. No problem though, with all that magic around!

During the first day back to work, Snape talked to her about their new challenge and the extra work it would give them.

“I think we best concentrate ourselves on this new potion first. It will be far easier to brew and its urgency is without question. I have gathered my notes on the subject and expect you to read through them so we can begin experimenting soon. Also, considering the large amount of work lying ahead of us, you will take over some of my classes.”

It was a statement, not a question and Tori just nodded.

“I will of course keep on grading the papers myself.” He continued.

“Are you afraid that I would favor the Gryffindor students?” she asked abruptly, clearly implying he did so with his Slytherins.

“The thought had occurred to me, but given the precious nobility of a Gryffindor, I should not think you would. However, I’m the teacher and grading papers is a teacher’s work.” He didn’t show whether he had picked up on her criticism over his favoritism, but the sharpness in his voice was back. That alone would be enough to alarm anyone who knew the potions master.

Tori was all fired up now and eager to start her work, before she woke more of his anger. She sat down with the notes in front of her, a notebook ready by her side and started reading.

“One more thing please,” She looked up and saw him move around the table, setting up the cauldron. “Since we are colleagues now, and no longer professor and student, I feel it would only be appropriate to address one another on a first name basis. You will find the other teachers doing so as well.”

“That’s fine, sir.” She swallowed and thought it would not be easy to make that switch just like that. Imagine her calling Dumbledore ‘Albus’, and she would never ever say ‘Rubeus’ to Hagrid.

Apparently Harry did not have too much trouble with the first name thing. He was all Severus this, Albus that…

“The potion will not brew itself…Tori.” The velvet tone in his voice only seemed to make it more menacing and Tori quickly focused on the notes.

Soon she returned to her daily routine: breakfast, working in the dungeon, lunch, working in the dungeon and finally dinner, most of the time followed by working in the dungeon again or some more reading on potions in her rooms. It felt like she had read everything there ever had been written about potions!

The Imperius Potion didn’t go as well as foreseen and experimenting proved to be rather depressing. Since Hermione had left her familiar with Tori for safe keeping while she was away at the University, they used Crookshanks as their guinea pig. He didn’t seem to mind; so long as the potion had a chocolate flavor (he had a sweet tooth). But no matter how many times they tried, poor Crookshanks kept on performing the craziest stunts they ordered him to do. At one time, Tori almost believed that he was enjoying it!

Weeks were flying by and another school year was on the verge of kicking off.

Tori found herself sitting next to Snape during the start of term feast. Right before the sorting ceremony would take place, Snape murmured to her: “This is my favorite part. Before they put on the hat, I sort them myself. I’ve only been mistaken once or twice.”

She looked at him, amused. She would have never expected him to turn the sorting ritual into a game, or maybe he would be just the person to do such a thing. “Well, if the hat wears off, you can replace it then.” Tori replied without blinking.

He whispered his choice every time a student sat down in the char. He got them all right!!!!!!

After the banquet, Tori went to greet her former fellow students, especially Shannon Richards.

“Oh Tori, how fantastic you’re still here! It’s so dull without Harry and Ron. Please visit us often!”

That she would definitely be doing. She could use a little distraction from her daily routine. Her quarters were in the Gryffindor tower, so she wouldn’t disturb anyone if she went to sit in the Gryffindor common room.

It was somewhere in the second week of the new school year that she went to see Shannon.

When she entered the common room she could hear giggling and was right in assuming that she had found her.

“Oh, Tori, we were just talking about you!” She smiled and her face was a little red, from giggling no doubt.

“Oh really, then what’s so funny about me. Can I please join in?” Tori didn’t like hearing them laughing about her, but did her best not to show it too much.

“Ah, but we weren’t laughing about you,” Ginny Weasley replied, “just about your boss.”

“Snape?”

“Ah yes,” Shannon continued. “We were trying to imagine what it would be like, you know, working with him, spending each moment of the day with him, in that cold and dark dungeon.”

“Nothing special really,” Tori wondered what would be so laughable about it.

“Come on Tori, you don’t mean that. Most of us would kill to spend a day in the dungeon with Snape.” Ginny sighed.

“What!?!? You’re having me on, aren’t you? Girls, girls…”

But Shannon interrupted her.

“Tori, you’re not saying that you don’t know that half of the school has a crush on Snape?” Shannon looked at her in disbelief.

“That’s totally absurd Shannon. This is Snape you’re talking about. Ron should hear the both of you!” Tori cried out, not knowing what exactly to think about this. It was utterly nuts!

“Well, Ron isn’t a girl Tori and honestly, didn’t you ever notice any of us girls giving him languishing looks?” Ginny replied back.

“I thought they were looks of terror!” Still not convinced they weren’t having her on, she tried to laugh about it a bit, but the sheer absurdity overtook her.

“Yes of course, we are all terrified of Snape the teacher!” Ginny cut in, “But you have to admit, he has the most captivating eyes and moves so sensual.” She sighed deeply.

“But he’s horrible to all of you!” Tori was not about to give up.

“Ah yes, but that’s one of his most tempting features. This dark side of him just makes you want to tremble in fear and at the same time it’s so erotic.” Ginny was completely lost in a daydream by now.

“You are all seriously disturbed.” Tori answered firmly and left.