View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 12:10 AM   #251 (permalink)
SnitCHchASER
Hufflepuff
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Harper W. Crickette
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Noah 'Smoothie' E. Ackart
International Cooperation
Zooom! maturity is boring ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryzabest View Post
Ella walked in to the Great hall and immediately gasped in delight. So this was the legendary Great Hall..... she loved it. She walked over to the Hufflepuff table and sat at an empty seat. She tried to start up a conversation with the girl named Emalyn. "Hi!" she said, still marveling at the sight of the Great Hall. "My name is Ella DeParra. I'm a second year." she glanced upward into space-- literally! Ella gasped. "Wow!" she said to no one in particular. "Look at the ceiling!" For the ceiling was hardly a cailing at all, but a gigantic window-like thing with a few wispy clouds, millions and millions of stars, and the moon.
"I wonder if that's actually the sky, or magic?" she asked, a rhetorical question. She looked down at her gold plate and sighed happily. She could already tell that this was going to be a very good year.
Emalyn smiled at Ella. "Nice to meet you. My name is Emalyn Daniels, but you can call me Ema..Is the ceiling magic? I just figured there was no roof to this place..." She trailed off, her head tilted up to the ceiling, glittering with shooting stars and regular stars. Ella smiled happily, admiring her goblet and plate.
"Potatos?" Emalyn offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.A Forever View Post

"Emalyn, that's a pretty name" Savannah had never heard of that name before, it was nice. "Ema it is. Most call me Vannah, or Anna; Feel free to call me whatever you want, as long as it's not mean" She said with a wink, knowing fully well adding the last bit was unnecessary. She was merely kidding around a little.

Naturally, Savannah knew Ema was a first year. She had just seen her up at sorting not too long ago. "Really? Aw, well it's very nice to meet you!" She was sure Ema, along with the rest of the first year's and transfer's of their house would meet many more of their housemates within the next few days; the opening feast was very loud, and full of excited chatter of kids catching up with their friends after a summer of being away, and others making new friends.

"It's rather challenging, but nothing unbearable. We've been taught to be prepared for the things we're learning, so it's really just another hill along the way we've got to climb to succeed" Savannah started, silently hoping her explanation made sense rather than confusing the girl. "I, and others in my year had our 'Ordinary Wizarding Levels' and next term we'll have 'Nastily Exhausting Wizarding Tests' both more commonly refured to as OWL's and NEWT's. They're just like final exams, except there's more pressure since they're harder than the usual ones. OWLs help set our goals as to which subjects we'll need to be most knowledgeable in and things, while NEWTs basically determine what kind of careers are avaible to us after graduating."

And now, she had definitely overdone it. Only realizing this once she stopped talking. Savannah's face pinkened lightly, warmth reaching her cheeks. "Sorry, I went got a little carried away."
"Um...no, you didn't get carried away." Ema smiled slightly. Savannah's cheeks went slightly pink. "I'll call you Vannah, but you kind of, sort of, lost me at OWLs and...newts? That sounds odd." Emalyn wondered if the tests had anything to do with what their names indicated...Owls and Newts. Would you have to turn a classmate into one of these? Emalyn could picture herself doing this wrong and turning someone into something completely different, scarring the student for life or something terrible like that. Emalyn always got carried away in day dreams, but in this one she shook herself and smiled back at Vannah.
"Uhh...could you pass the...whatever that stuff is?" Emalyn pointed to a random bowl, just to break the silence. She had become to really like Vannah and enjoy her company. It was too bad, Emalyn thought, that she was already a sixth year and would be gone during Emalyn's third year...

She pushed this from her mind.

Last edited by SnitCHchASER; 09-26-2008 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Did not make my sayings bold...hehe.