View Single Post
Old 07-22-2008, 06:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Steelsheen

DMT & DIMC
Antipodean Opaleye

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Tenacius "Ace" Salander
Graduated

Ministry RPG Name:
Vincenzo "Vickers" Vanderbilt

Ministry RPG Name:
Regina Ysadore Corveena Roa
International Cooperation

x12 x12
Ability is nothing without Opportunity | | Creativity is Intelligence having FUN

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaRiddle View Post
^ But is it actually King's Cross? We don't know for sure, that's just what Harry imagines, as his 'safe place'. That could easily be changed to, for instance, the Hogwarts Express. Same resonance, after all. I mean, it's not like they're gunna stick to the naked thing For all we know the train station could change in those 15 years, it's not impossible.
oh i dont think its beyond them changing things around (i mean really at this point we really shouldnt be surprised with drastic changes), but i think for the sake of interpretation and audience's familiarity its best that they keep it at Kings Cross and it looking like it did from the earlier films. also there is special significance to why the setting is Kings Cross, JKR explained it herself-- it represented the crossroads so to speak. Harry was in limbo, a transition point between the land of the living and the afterlife; Kings Cross represents the same thing-- the transition between Harry's life being raised as a Muggle and his introduction to his heritage as a Wizard.

as i've said its an ideal, and from a film making perspective, it makes the most sense (to me anyway) to follow what was in the book. naked bum is not a requirement though, i dont care how willing Radcliffe is to drop his knickers although again from the film's perspective, it would be best to dress Harry in whatever attire he "died" in, just so that the audience understands that he's in limbo.

Yeah thats what crazy is, when its broken you say theres nothing to fix++++++++++++++++++++
+++++++And you pray that everything will be okay, while you're making all the same mistakes
Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote