Thread: Days Like These
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2004, 01:49 AM   #11 (permalink)
Cassirin

Site Manager

MO
Manticore

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Mercer Branxton
Ravenclaw
Seventh Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Genevieve James
Minister's Office

x7 x8
Made of Awesome | Ern-la the Best-wa | TZ's Apogee

Ginny grabbed her trunk and hefted it towards the stairs, stumbling down them as she tried to move under all her belongings at a dead run. The trunk was heavy, and her broom kept knocking against her knees. It had been an anonymous gift her fifth year when she made the team. She knew it was from Harry, but he seemed to need the secret, so she never said anything. The owl and cage clanking against her trunk was a gift from her parents for making prefect, althought she would NEVER quite understood how she had pulled that one off. Fred and George had been quite disgruntled by it, in their jocular and joking way.

"Miss Weasley," a familiar voice called after Ginny as she hit the corridor outside the portrait hole, and she turned to see Professor McGonagall striding towards her. "Goodness, child, they won't leave without you. Why didn't you shrink your luggage for the trip down?"

Ginny blushed and stared hard at her toes. "I didn't think of it, Professor." Leave it to her to run about making things harder than necessary.

"That's alright," McGonagall said kindly, performing the spell for her. "Now, you'd better get a move on. What are your plans after Hogwarts?"

Ginny grimaced and tugged on her hair. "I'm not sure yet. I suppose I'm going back to the Burrow to sort things out." The train whistle blew again, and Ginny gave McGonagal a panicked look. The woman smiled and dismissed her, but Ginny only made it a few steps down the hall before she came back and hugged her much harder than she would of if she weren't hurrying about. She let go and raced back down the hallway, taking the stairs two at a time to meet up with Luna.

Awakening ★ Spiritual ★ Hopeful ★ Honest