View Single Post
Old 03-09-2008, 05:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
hpbookworm
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elizabeth Brecker
Fifth

A/N: Thank you so much for your reviews!!! I said i was gonna post by the end of the week, so here it is. barely making it, i know, but still! sorry it is kinda on the short side though, I thought that was a good place to end…

so, here it is, chappie number 4!

~lizzie

However, because he had left when he had, he received no chapstick (which was indeed the name of the incredible Muggle item the wise Dumbledore had given the Hogwarts nurse) and now had no where to go. And no idea where he could find some Muggle chapstick.
“SODDIN’ MUGGLES!”

My vent of anger pierced the dead-still air, and still I had no Muggle chapstick…

Wait a second there…..

Muggle! Any muggleborn here would surely carry a necessity such as chapstick. Right as this thought flew through my mind, I turned the corner to the hallway that led to the Great Hall. As I did I thought I spotted a mass of brown hair flying around the corner at the end of the corridor. Hey now, Granger was a Muggleborn, an intelligent one to boot! She surely had chapstick with her 24/7! I may not be supposed to talk to filth such as her, but I was in desperate need of something in her possession. Besides, it was 6 o’clock on a bleeding Saturday morning, it’s not like any sane person was up to see the two enemies talking civilly.

Running down the corridor, I reached the corner only to see the wild mound of hair disappear behind the great doors that led to Hogwart’s Grounds.

“Granger!” I shouted. That girl was insane for going outside in such weather. But she did. She left the warmth and safety of the castle before hearing his call. Sodding foolish girl.

Quickly running to the doors and reluctantly pushing them open, I slipped into the harsh winter winds.

“Granger!” I yelled again into the white flurry of snow. Quickly, I pulled out my wand and muttered a few spells. At least I wouldn’t freeze. No doubt granger had used the same spells. I searched the ground for footprints, which, luckily, the Gryffindor hadn’t Vanished behind her. As I started following the prints, I found myself heading towards the lake.

“Bloody hell. What is this girl thinking?” I muttered softly to myself. After twenty minutes of stumbling through the thick, white snow I could just make out the blue lake. How it stayed liquid all year long, without freezing over, I didn’t know. Must be freezing cold though. There were even rumors that huge chunks of ice could be found floating in the center when the winters got really cold. I personally had never seen them, since I was a sensible person and stayed inside on such vile days.

Sensible. Ha. I scoffed at the irony. Here I was trenching through the snow in a blizzard searching for my worst enemy so I could use her Muggle sodding chapstick. My actions were the complete opposite of sensible. I must be going insane.

“I’m not the only one,” I muttered to myself. I knew Gryffindors were suppose to be ‘brave’ and all that junk, but going out during a blizzard? That was just plain sack of hammers.

The footprints swerved and I was soon stumbling parallel to the curvy shore of the lake, heading towards the Forbidden Forest. That daft know-it-all wasn’t actually going in there, was she? My memories of the Forest weren’t the fondest swirling through my head. I wasn’t sure if going back in there would be worth it…

But my worries dissolved as the footprints turned again towards the lake. Raising my left arm to protect my eyes from the wild snow, I looked up and strained to see where it was he was going. Ahead I spotted a dash of color, well, not color, but it wasn’t the white or even the blue that I had expected to find covering the entire ground. It actually seemed to be a group of rocks, grey as the sky above. A petite figure in a black cloak was gradually making their way towards them as I watched, cloak being tossed every which way in the fierce wind. No doubt it was Granger crossed my mind. But how in the name of Merlin’s fuzzy brown hair that stuck out from the mole on his crooked nose (he actually named it, did you know?) did those rocks stay snow-free in this crazy storm? It must be one of the unknown, magical mysteries of Hogwarts. How long had Granger known of this spot?

Her cloaked figure was now climbing up the pile of stone. Strangely, her thick cloak stopped flying in the wind. As she lowered her black hood to reveal her bushy brown hair, I wondered if somehow the rocks had a barrier around them that kept out the wind and snow. The girl simply sat there on the rock, staring out at the blue lake. She seemed distracted.

Good – she wouldn’t hear me coming.

Wait a second… how exactly was he going to approach her? It’s not like we were the best of mates; she would probably run away if she saw me coming towards her, right after sending a nasty hex my way. He could quietly come up behind her, sit down, and start a casual conversation. Talk about… class…or something like that. Then ask about chapstick. Then just walk away and pretend as if it never happened… yeah…

My feet soon found themselves at the base of the grey rocks. When I reached my hand out, I found the rock peculiarly warm compared to the literally freezing air around me. My feet quickly found sturdy nooks in the stone as my body was enveloped with a still, empty air. It wasn’t warm, nor cold, simply empty. It was like the air above these rocks had rebelled against the ever changing weather that controlled all the other air surrounding it. The thought made me shiver. How could anything be so confident that they would actually succeed, and not just be crushed by the master or even the obedient? Yet, somehow this small bit of air had beaten the odds. It must have been because of some spell or charm, some form of magic. Yes, that must be it; how else could it resist the fierce cold even the sun couldn’t extinguish?

Suddenly I felt a stream of jealousy wash through me. Jealousy at the fact that Granger had known of this spot. What made her so special? Lifting his eyes from the grainy rock, I looked up at the figure sitting quietly, still unaware of my presence. Her brown hair was loose, trailing down her back in a hectic twist of fuzzy curls. It was a pleasant color, similar to the warm hue of walnuts. I couldn’t see her eyes from this perspective, and had never gone to the trouble of spending time looking at them to find something to compare them to, though I heard they were plain, ordinary brown. Her robes hung loosely from her shoulder; they must have been at least two sizes too large. She had removed her cloak, folded it, and laid it to her left side. Her small hands were lying atop them. Her hands, just like the rest of her, were nothing special.

When you excluded her intellect, her smile and how pretty she could look when she wanted to... AHHH! Stop!! Why, oh why am I thinking so much about sodding Granger! Just walk up, sit, talk, get chapstick. Walk up, sit, talk get chapstick. Walk up, sit, ta-

I thought my plan for relief was foolproof, but that is because I forgot one thing – Hermione Granger has excellent hearing. She must have heard my footsteps, as gentle as they were against the grey slabs. Which really caught me by surprise. I definitely did not expect her to suddenly twist around and look at me. Though I did enjoy seeing the series of emotions that flashed across her face. Surprise. Annoyance. Recognition. Shock. Curiosity. Suspicion. Finally, with narrowed eyes, she spoke.

“Malfoy?”

SKITTLES .:Spuffy Addict:. ~Science/Math Geek~

NO PINK! Lizzy + Sarah = Best Friends!
My fanfic ... Chapstick