View Single Post
Old 02-22-2008, 07:34 AM   #1 (permalink)
hpbookworm
Ravenclaw
Puffskein

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Elizabeth Brecker
Fifth
Default Chapstick - Sa13+

Disclaimer: All that you know and adore is owned by the marvelous JKR. The rest, is my pathetic attempts to make a non-canon ship come to life. Not my fault I’m obsessed.

A/N: hehehe… my first thing to be posted! I would LOVE you if you gave me feedback- then I would know if I should post any of my other work. I originally planned for this to be a oneshot, but it got kinda long... it’s also a D/Hr, like most of my fics. Not HBP or OOTP compatible.

When I woke up that winter morning with a scowl on my face, I knew it was not going to be a good day. And I was right. Even down in the school’s chilled dungeons I could hear from outside a howling wind, no doubt fiercely cold and blowing white snow wildly through the air before it met its fate of crashing into the already stiff, snow-covered Hogwarts grounds. I had barely sat up in my bed when I felt my lips sting and my back ache. Closing my eyes once more because keeping them open was so difficult (the constant tugging I had felt on them painfully remained me of the death-grip of a certain disgusting Slytherin), I lifted my fingers to my mouth to slowly run them lightly over my chapped lips. They felt horrible, with deep crevices forming a maze of skin as dry as the Sahara Desert. This would not do. No this would not do at all.

I needed some chapstick. Good chapstick. And soon.

But I didn’t have any. Chapstick was a Muggle item, and Draco Malfoy did not own Muggle items (the thought was revolting). I doubted any of my idiot fellow Slytherins did either. I swore aloud at the irony that Pansy Parkinson and her friends flaunted disgusting amounts of lipstick but had no clue was useful, convenient chapstick was. Maybe Blaise would though. After all, Blaise was the most practical Slytherin of their year, after myself of course.

After a quick shower and shortened version of my normal morning routine (a 45 minute process during which I made sure I still looked positively perfect), I strolled into the Slytherin common room right as the clock above the mantel stuck 6. Although most of the members of my house slept in until 11 or later on such a Saturday morning, Draco Malfoy had always been an early riser. Until the middle of fourth year, I would wake around 5 to come down to the common room for some alone time. But for the last two years I preferred the quiet, empty castle to the company of the other two Slytherins currently in the common room. Very few Hogwarts students took the opportunity to wake early on Saturday so I usually could wander wherever I wished without meeting a soul. Though my favorite places to go were the lake and this peculiar room on the seventh floor, which somehow always had what I wanted. Perhaps if Blaise didn’t have any chapstick I could find some there.

Strolling up to the couch where my friend laid silently, I grimaced at the sight of Pansy Parkinson in Blaise’s arms. Seriously, I could not understand how Blaise had ever become so infatuated with her. Only I knew, but for some reason, the two Slytherins had grown a strong attraction towards each other over the years. When Blaise had told me of his desire to take Pansy to the Yule Ball their fourth year, it had been I who had came up with the ingenious plan of covering up the whole affair (which was strictly forbidden since Blaise’s mother had picked out a bride for him years ago) by having Blasie go ‘solo’ and myself and Pansy go ‘together.’ Once everyone at the ball had had enough to drink (I had no doubt in my mind that one of the Weasley twins would spike the punch bowl that evening with firewhiskey- and I was right), no one would notice when Blaise and Pansy danced together or slipped outside. The plan truly was perfect.

Since then, the couple had managed to keep their relationship secret by sneaking into empty classrooms, ditching meals and classes, staying up late, waking early, or going off to “study.” The way the two of them were looking at each other right then gave me the unpleasant desire to hurl. It was sickening. Ignoring the impulse to run to the lavatories and bow to the throne, I loudly cleared my throat to get my friend’s attention. The two were startled but didn’t bother to leap off the couch and try to act innocent or anything. I inwardly shook my head at their idiocy; one day it would be a professor, or some other student instead of him and all three of their lives would be over.

Both of them relaxed when they saw it was only Draco.

“Hey mate,” greeted Blaise, tearing his gaze away from Pansy.

“Nothing much. But, hey, do you happen to have any chapstick I could use?”

Pansy looked confused at the mention of the strange name, but Blaise knew what I was talking about. He quickly shook his head slightly.

“Naw. Sorry, mate.” Looking up at my mouth, he gave out a small laugh. “Though it does look like you could use it,” he teased, a grin still lingering on his face.

Scowling, I grew angry at the knowledge that my pale face was turning slightly pink from embarrassment, which only resulted in me getting redder as I headed for the exit. The anger lessened slightly as the scowl on my face transformed into a smirk at Pansy’s next words:

“What’s chapstick?”

As I pondered how small Pansy’s brain was, I pushed through the stone wall and shut it firmly behind him.

Which really was a shame. If he had stayed, not only would he have heard Blaise’s rather hilarious explanation of what chapstick was, but also Pansy’s remark once she finally understood.
“Ohhhh…that stuff? I have some in my dorm. Mother makes me bring it. She says that it works better than anything any wizard or witch has developed. Though I’m not to say so to anyone else.”

SKITTLES .:Spuffy Addict:. ~Science/Math Geek~

NO PINK! Lizzy + Sarah = Best Friends!
My fanfic ... Chapstick

Last edited by hpbookworm; 02-24-2008 at 05:40 AM.