View Single Post
Old 07-26-2007, 10:48 PM

Post J.K. Rowling made interviewer cry

In an interview with Meredith Vieira, J.K. Rowling let down her guard and talked freely about the Harry Potter series. The interview, which took place in Edinburgh, Scotland, is the first that Jo's done since Deathly Hallows. While we've already covered it here, some shocking behind-the-scenes information has been announced, via Meredith in an interview with MSN.

Meredith Vieira had a lot to say about Rowling. When asked what surprised her the most, Meredith responded:

Quote:
"I had read that she was not an easy interview; I think “aloof” was the word I read. But I found her very much the opposite. I found her warm, I found her charming. I found her protective of her material, but not proprietary. In so many other interviews she had to be guarded. There was still this whole series and she didn’t want to reveal secrets before now."
Also, Jo and Meredith seemed to share a touching moment. In fact, she brought Meredith to tears when the camera wasn't rolling.

Quote:
"Yes, she had been talking about her mom having MS and a case where she declined very rapidly. I starting talking to her about my husband having MS and I just connected with her on a special level.

We were just talking about the strength of character of people dealing with illness – not the caretaker, the person with the illness – and I felt a bond with her. Then I was embarrassed because I started crying a little. I said I didn’t mean to cry, and she said, “Don’t worry, I’m usually the one crying!”"
You can read more of the interview here.