View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 02:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Biochemkris

Technical Assistance
Tebo

Technically technical all the time Bookaholic

“Why did you drag my brother all the way over here?” asked Ron when they got back to the common room.

“Well, I remember Hagrid said he was always good in Care of Magical Creatures, so I thought he could help me free the house elves,” Hermione said defensively.

“Hermione,” Ron and Harry groaned.

But, before they could say anything else, Dobby the Magnificent and Winky the Wonderful appeared with a large box and a chain saw. “Witches and Wizards, Dobby will now be performing his greatest magic trick, yet. He will saw his assistant in half and then put her back together again, said Dobby in a loud voice so that everyone in the common room looked over at the commotion.

Winky apparently hadn’t know what was going to happen because her eyes got even wider than they already were (which was pretty amazing seeing as how her eyes were already the size of tennis balls) and stuttered at Dobby, “We’re going to hell in a hand basket!”

Winky promptly fainted as Dobby replied, excitedly, “Oh goody; I’ve never been there!”

Harry, Ron, and Charlie laughed while Hermione tried to revive Winky the Wonderful. As soon as Winky opened her eyes and looked at Hermione, she screamed and fled from the room. Dobby was left standing next to his box, chain saw in hand, and no assistant to cut in two. His eyes filled with tears, “Oh Dobby has failed, sir. He is not worthy to perform magic tricks for the Great Harry Potter and his splendiferous friend, Ron.”

Dobby snapped his fingers and a waffle maker appeared. He promptly stuck his hands into it, “Bad Dobby, bad!”

Hermione grabbed him and shook him out of his self-flagellation. “Thank you miss.”

After his hands were removed from the waffle maker, Harry noticed something pink on his fingertips and asked, “What’s that on your fingers Dobby?”

“Oh, Winky is helping make Dobby look nicer,” he replied excitedly.

Harry and Ron groaned while Hermione whipped out some nail polish remover. “Here, let me help you get that off,” she said.

Dobby immediately hid his hands behind his back and looked defiantly at Hermione, “You is saying we should do what we want and I want pink fingers!”

With that, Dobby disappeared and Charlie said,
“My duty here done
Now back to dragon tending
Farewell friends to elves.”

The End!

Blast from the past!