Thread: Grounds: The Discovery Garden
View Single Post
Old 02-03-2024, 07:18 PM   #7 (permalink)
Deezerz

DMLE
Mooncalf

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Violeta X. Escalante
Gryffindor
Sixth Year

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Yulietta Escalante
Slytherin
Second Year
x8
That's Rough Buddy | Be the Flower | Moon & Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArianaBlack View Post
Alfie had seen, but he quickly diverted his attention to give her a private moment as she looked to be embarrassed about it. There wasn't anything to be embarrassed about though, not that Alfie thought. Things spooked him all the time. It was just part of life.

Salud. He repeated the word to himself silently, committing it to memory. Salud was what you said after a sneeze. He was slowly building up a strange collection of words. He was patient as she inched closer and even stepped over a bit too, to meet her half way. "I'm good," he answered with a smile and thumbs up. "I..." He thought for a moment, trying to think of what he wanted to say next and how he would add motions to go with his words.

"I-I like this garden," is what he came up with, putting his thumb up again before then flattening his hand, palm up and gesturing openly to the space around them. And then, he quietly followed up with, "How are you?"
Yulietta still felt that little gnawing feeling that her communication skills were an inconvenience. Alfie never expressed that, of course, but she couldn't help feeling it. It was something that had been deeply rooted in her. Maybe one day she'd stop feeling that way.

Reading his hand signs, she nodded in agreement. "I...good." She then glanced around, a little smile dancing on her lips. "This...new my favori...teh." She remembers how favorite is spelled but the silent letters always got her. English was not easy, okay.

This place was her new favorite place, though. Yulietta could already imagine herself spending a lot of time in this place. It was perfect for doing homework, reading, picnics, napping--the list was endless!

"More fa-vo-ree-teh..." she said, pointing into the direction of edible plants, the place she enjoyed most. Then she lifted a green leaf and chewed on it. A mint leaf.