Thread: Seventh Floor: Owlery
View Single Post
Old 02-01-2024, 08:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lottiepot

MO & DoM
Graphorn

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Apollonia Fergersnout
Graduated

Hogwarts RPG Name:
Aurora Ackerly
Ravenclaw
Fifth Year

Ministry RPG Name:
Allie Ackerly-McKinley
Minister's Office

Ministry RPG Name:
Mikkel Andreassen
Mysteries

x12 x6
HeadGirlMC | Treddie & Trixiver <3 | Copy Girl | Katie's Ickle Minion | I love YOU more

A particularly robust Tawny Owl perched on the nearest roost was selected by the Ravenclaw as the chosen one for her mission, much to the dismay of her own owl Flora who was pecking at her sleeve for attention. Her thoughts began to wander to how strange it was that Wizardkind still relied on their feathered friends to deliver post for them. Her parents lived in Shoreditch, a region of Muggle London where seeing an owl in the wild was a rare sight. With the number of letters she had been sending home, were her neighbours confused by the frequency of the birds of prey visiting the home or were the animals super secretive? She imagined it was the latter as she hadn’t heard of any newspaper reports of owl infestations in Shoreditch recently.

She handed the letter to the Tawny and sent him on his way with an extra scoop full of treats for his trouble when a familiar voice came echoing through the room. “Ezra!” The blonde beamed turning around on her heels to see her friend. The Little Owl flapped onto her shoulder begging for a tasty morsel. “I hope the owls are warm enough here but I guess their feathers keep them insulated better than we are.” Such was the fascination of the animal kingdom in their adaptations to their environment.

“Are you sending a letter too?” A stupid question perhaps considering that was what the Owlery was for but maybe Ezra just really enjoyed the company of birds?