View Single Post
Old 10-24-2023, 02:43 AM

Post Director David Yates confirms he's not involved at all in 'Harry Potter' MAX series

While promoting his upcoming movie Pain Hustlers, director David Yates confirmed he has no interest or intention to get involved in the upcoming Harry Potter MAX series, which is still in very early development with no one really attached publicly beyond producer David Heyman.

Quote:
David Yates: Do you know what? Honestly, I could not, in any conceivable way, get involved. It's simply: I spent a long time at that school, in those corridors and in those classrooms, and it was an exquisite experience and one I will always treasure. But to go back and do another year or two, for me, I feel I've left it. Being in the back of a van with [producer] Lawrence [Grey] in Atlanta of Savannah, hoofing it to try and make a drama, to me, at the moment, is more compelling than going through the hallowed gates of Hogwarts.

I wish that show so well, it's gonna be amazing to see them re-explore all it can be for the next generation. I think it'll be a challenge for everyone involved, but it's a very exciting enterprise and I wish it well. It was an amazing experience for me, and I know the other filmmakers who were involved, and it will be for the next generation of filmmakers.
Yates directed and produced the last four original Harry Potter films from 2007-2012.